Author Topic: Actress Debra Messing shared her personal story of 'crippling depression' on Twitter using #MyStory  (Read 439 times)

rangerrebew

Actress Debra Messing shared her personal story of 'crippling depression' on Twitter using #MyStory, and people are responding with their own
Myelle Lansat
Jun. 8, 2018, 4:47 PM

The actress Debra Messing used Twitter to share her experience with mental health, after Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain died by suicide this week.
    Messing invited others to tweet their experiences with depression and anxiety using the hashtag #MyStory.
    People have shared stories of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and panic disorder.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mystory-twitter-debra-messing-2018-6

Offline dfwgator

I wonder how many cases of "depression" amongst the women have something to do with guilt over having an abortion?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Actress Debra Messing shared her personal

Time for a new eyeglass prescription....  I didn't read it that way on the General Category page.     :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I wonder how many cases of "depression" amongst the women have something to do with guilt over having an abortion?

While that could be true for some, many women who suffer or have suffered from crippling depression, myself and my mother included, have never had an abortion. But if you want to add to the stigmatization and misnomer that depression is always caused by poor personal choices, be my guest.

FWIW, I’ve seen some posit that nearly all cases of breast cancer are caused by abortion and or the use of birth control pills, which of course is simply not true. I got into such an argument with someone on TOS (no surprise) on this topic who, when I said my SIL was a breast cancer survivor and had never been on the pill or had any abortions, told me that one of us was lying.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause