Author Topic: Former Special Ops official ‘shocked’ White House isn’t considering stripping Hillary Clinton’s secu  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Special Ops official ‘shocked’ White House isn’t considering stripping Hillary Clinton’s security clearance
12:40 AM 07/25/2018
Richard Pollock | Reporter

Two retired colonels say former Secretary of State and failed 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton should have had her security clearance pulled.

One, retired Col. James Williamson, was surprised Clinton was not included in the White House’s announcement that it was considering revoking six former national security officials’ security clearances.

The colonels’ organization, OPSEC, twice asked then-Secretary of State John Kerry in 2015 to suspend the security clearances of Hillary Clinton and her aides, Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, and Jacob Sullivan.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not named in the White House’s Monday announcement that it was considering revoking six former national security officials’ security clearances, a 33-year special forces veteran noticed.

President Donald Trump is considering revoking the security clearances of former CIA Director John Brennan; Comey; former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper; former Director of National Security Michael Haden; former National Security Adviser Susan Rice; and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/24/white-house-clinton-clearance/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why the #%!$# do these people still have any clearance?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why the #%!$# do these people still have any clearance?

An EXCELLENT question @Sanguine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The question has been asked and answered a hundred times. Here it is again...

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/07/23/lead-barbara-starr-live-jake-tapper.cnn

And as far as I'm concerned CNN and The Onion carry exactly the same weight as a source for anything!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
And as far as I'm concerned CNN and The Onion carry exactly the same weight as a source for anything!

Here, then. He says basically the same thing.

CHRIS STIREWALT, FOX NEWS: Jimmy Carter is a member of the ex-presidents club, he's got it all, as former president, and the reason that Jimmy Carter can go look at these things, it might be that one of his successors said will you please come advise me and help me. And the reason that we in the United States keep the security clearances around for these guys is so that in a moment of crisis or if there's an urgent question that somebody, as the judge says, has institutional knowledge, you can call them back and say, OK, you worked on Russia in the 1990s. Do you know about this, do you know about that?

As far as monetizing goes, and that goes to Rand Paul's point, the monetization of security clearance in Washington, D.C., is a big deal because you have a lot of defense firms and a lot of contracting firms that are providing services to the federal government that you can't work for without a security clearance. So that's a whole other kettle of fish.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/07/23/politics-security-clearances.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
888high58888

Nothing worse than a truncated thread topic that stops at "stripping Hillary".  I just ate. :cool:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:57:59 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nothing worse than a truncated thread topic that stops at "stripping Hillary".  I just ate. :cool:

Don't worry @catfish1957   Hillary is buying up all the stock at Bed, Bath and Beyond to make sure she is fully covered at all times.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I read today a major hospital gown manufacturer is suing Clinton for copy write infringement of a licensed fabric design pattern. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Here, then. He says basically the same thing.

CHRIS STIREWALT, FOX NEWS: Jimmy Carter is a member of the ex-presidents club, he's got it all, as former president, and the reason that Jimmy Carter can go look at these things, it might be that one of his successors said will you please come advise me and help me. And the reason that we in the United States keep the security clearances around for these guys is so that in a moment of crisis or if there's an urgent question that somebody, as the judge says, has institutional knowledge, you can call them back and say, OK, you worked on Russia in the 1990s. Do you know about this, do you know about that?

As far as monetizing goes, and that goes to Rand Paul's point, the monetization of security clearance in Washington, D.C., is a big deal because you have a lot of defense firms and a lot of contracting firms that are providing services to the federal government that you can't work for without a security clearance. So that's a whole other kettle of fish.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/07/23/politics-security-clearances.html

If that's the case it's even worse than I thought and we need to go back to pulling clearances of people who no longer occupy slots that require them immediately.   Looks like that would go a long way toward damping the rampant inside the beltway incest.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
If that's the case it's even worse than I thought and we need to go back to pulling clearances of people who no longer occupy slots that require them immediately.   Looks like that would go a long way toward damping the rampant inside the beltway incest.

Well then you will have to shut down every intelligence and DOD contractor. While some call them Beltway Bandits or say that these organizations being staffed by former government employees and former military members causes an incestuous relationship, the truth of the matter is that the DOD couldn't operate without them and these contractors couldn't operate if everyone leaving government or military service were stripped of their security clearances upon exit or retirement. Also keep in mind that a person with a security clearance gained during government service and obtaining private employment because of the clearance, still has to abide by the rules governing the clearance and continues to be subject to periodic background checks and investigations in order to keep it.

I am deeply disturbed by the idea that a President can or would strip people of their clearances solely based on their criticisms of the current administration. Unless they are breaking their clearances by divulging or mishandling classified intel, this sets a dangerous precedent beyond the current administration's actions.

Imagine our outrage had Obama stripped the security clearances of former Bush or Reagan administration members who were critical of him?

Good read:

A Very Personal Take on Threats to Strip Security Clearances

https://www.thecipherbrief.com/column_article/a-very-personal-take-on-threats-to-strip-security-clearances

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well then you will have to shut down every intelligence and DOD contractor. While some call them Beltway Bandits or say that these organizations being staffed by former government employees and former military members causes an incestuous relationship, the truth of the matter is that the DOD couldn't operate without them and these contractors couldn't operate if everyone leaving government or military service were stripped of their security clearances upon exit or retirement. Also keep in mind that a person with a security clearance gained during government service and obtaining private employment because of the clearance, still has to abide by the rules governing the clearance and continues to be subject to periodic background checks and investigations in order to keep it.

I am deeply disturbed by the idea that a President can or would strip people of their clearances solely based on their criticisms of the current administration. Unless they are breaking their clearances by divulging or mishandling classified intel, this sets a dangerous precedent beyond the current administration's actions.

Imagine our outrage had Obama stripped the security clearances of former Bush or Reagan administration members who were critical of him?

Good read:

A Very Personal Take on Threats to Strip Security Clearances

https://www.thecipherbrief.com/column_article/a-very-personal-take-on-threats-to-strip-security-clearances

Thanks!   I think you have very adequately demonstrated the problem that currently exists.

- J. R. R. Tolkien