Author Topic: NBC Reporter: Trump Will Cause ‘Financial’ Harm to Clapper, Brennan by Revoking Security Clearances  (Read 590 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
24 Jul 2018

NBC News reporter Ken Dilanian suggested Monday that President Donald Trump would hurt the livelihoods of Obama administration alumni by taking away the “valuable commodity” of their security clearances.

Dilanian (pictured, bottom center), who covers the intelligence community and national security issues, accused Trump of “seeking to levy a financial penalty” on former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — both of whom are paid contributors at cable news networks.

Brennan now works for Dilanian’s employer NBC News as an MSNBC analyst. Clapper has since joined CNN in a similar capacity.

He further insinuated that federal employees should consider resisting the order if the president gives it, lambasting Trump for what he called an “extraordinary threat of political retribution.”

Security clearances are a valuable commodity. By making this threat, @realDonaldTrump is seeking to levy a financial penalty on @JohnBrennan and Clapper. There are also public policy reasons that former intel leaders remain cleared–so they can help their successors.

— Ken Dilanian (@KenDilanianNBC) July 23, 2018

The national security officials who run this process will have to decide whether they can live with themselves if they go along with this extraordinary threat of political retribution. The president can probably pull the clearances of anybody he wants. https://t.co/ZIcvqLKDDb

— Ken Dilanian (@KenDilanianNBC) July 23, 2018

more
https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/24/nbc-reporter-trump-will-cause-financial-harm-to-clapper-brennan-by-revoking-security-clearances/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

And the reason we should care is.......

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
And the reason we should care is.......

The same reason why the nuclear option in the senate isn’t common practice:  Eventually, the other side will be in power and use those same tactics to take punitive action or push horrible policies.  Think Obamacare was bad?  Just wait.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The same reason why the nuclear option in the senate isn’t common practice:  Eventually, the other side will be in power and use those same tactics to take punitive action or push horrible policies.  Think Obamacare was bad?  Just wait.
You see nothing extraordinary with Brennan' behavior?

Kissinger, George Schultz,, Carter, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush, Cheney, Biden and plenty other have NOT one what Brennan has done.

Why should he NOT suffer professional embarrassment forgoing outside established and traditional norms?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Load of crap.  Besides.  Boo Hoo Hooo. if it does. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

You see nothing extraordinary with Brennan' behavior?

Kissinger, George Schultz,, Carter, GHW Bush, Clinton, GW Bush, Cheney, Biden and plenty other have NOT one what Brennan has done.

Why should he NOT suffer professional embarrassment forgoing outside established and traditional norms?

Because Brennan is allowed to be an idiot and whoever supports him in the future will marginalize themselves along with him.  Taking this action is petty and vindictive.  It also sets a terrible precedent for future presidents to do similar things in response to criticism.  In the end, I have a feeling this will end up like Putin's proposal over the ambassador - he'll do a 180, because of the pushback.

Offline endicom

Security clearances are valuable commodities? I gotta get me some of them.

What the hell is he saying? That classified information is for sale? That people like Brennan and Clapper are hired to leak classified information? That Sarah Sanders was on the mark with her comment?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Security clearances are granted based on an actual and factual need, not as some kind of status symbol or "ticket" to riches.

They're granted by the DoD and other agencies at their own discretion.

If there is no longer a "need to know" for these two, then let the clearances expire or revoke them based on non-compliance with NDAs and policy.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Works for me.  They're using their SC's to profit as "insider experts" on every slimy MSM program that will have them on.

Yank 'em.  Bar them from reapplying for 10 years and then make them go through the SF-86 application process again when they can apply.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:29:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

Why does Brennan need it anymore?

Offline edpc

Why does Brennan need it anymore?

Same reason as people from various administrations still have theirs.  From time to time, they're asked to consult on matters from their experience.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Sounds to me like the commie media is more worried about not having as many people on the inside spying as they would like to have.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

Same reason as people from various administrations still have theirs.  From time to time, they're asked to consult on matters from their experience.

Obviously Trump feels their services are no longer required.

Offline edpc

I think the more obvious thing is it's another one of his bluffs.  It's fairly amusing to hear complaints from this admin about people monetizing their position when you've got lobbyists paying Gates for WH access, Manafort getting millions in loans by dangling govt postings, Cohen getting consulting deals from places like Novartis, and special interest groups staying in the DC Trump Hotel.

Offline endicom

I think the more obvious thing is it's another one of his bluffs.  It's fairly amusing to hear complaints from this admin about people monetizing their position when you've got lobbyists paying Gates for WH access, Manafort getting millions in loans by dangling govt postings, Cohen getting consulting deals from places like Novartis, and special interest groups staying in the DC Trump Hotel.

Fine, we'll take away all of their security clearances. Problem solved.

Offline roamer_1

S'alright folks... Calm down...
Tump can give em a subsidy...

Offline Frank Cannon

“valuable commodity” of their security clearances.

Looks like Donny isn't the one who should be investigated if these clearances are now a commodity.

Offline skeeter

How will future presidents know what Gus Hall would've done?