Author Topic: Dems grapple with Trump’s resilience  (Read 396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems grapple with Trump’s resilience
« on: July 24, 2018, 02:11:34 pm »
Dems grapple with Trump’s resilience
By Niall Stanage - 07/24/18 06:00 AM EDT

President Trump’s approval rating is largely unchanged in the first polls to emerge after his widely criticized performance at last week’s joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin — and Democrats are scratching their heads.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released on Sunday showed Trump’s approval rating rising to 45 percent, his highest level in that poll since taking office. And an Economist/YouGov survey showed no significant deviation from Trump’s numbers the previous week.

The polls included some responses before and some after Trump’s July 16 news conference with Putin in Helsinki, meaning it’s possible that a more pronounced negative impact could show up in the next wave of polls. But there is no evidence of such an effect so far.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/398471-the-memo-dems-grapple-with-trumps-resilience
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Dems grapple with Trump’s resilience
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:28 pm »
Recent WSJ poll has Trump's popularity up.

Hilarious.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:20 pm »
Dems don't "grapple, alone.

How about how "nevertrump" Republicans grapple too.

By strutting around the farmyard, swishing their Morality Peacock Feathers around."

* I Rember the media of the day, dubbed Reagan he Teflon coated President.

! No longer available
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 02:55:39 pm »
Most polls are showing that attitudes on both sides are hardening,  with almost no folks in the middle with neutral or "I have an open mind" opinions regarding either Trump or the fevered "resistance". 

As one who loves engaging folks in political discussions on the train to work, I've noticed that dialogue with the Trump haters is getting increasingly impossible.   They get flustered and apologize that they just cannot continue the discussion.   I've seen their eyes well up with tears at the rage and dislocation they feel.   It is, to be perfectly honest, scary to see the country this polarized and unwilling to dialogue.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 02:59:39 pm »
Recent WSJ poll has Trump's popularity up.

Hilarious.

That "popularity" could be more about the extreme leftward slide the Democrats are taking.  At least most people think Trump, for better or worse, is better aligned with their political views.   And unfortunately,  those who could reasonably oppose Trump have run so far away from him, instead of embracing him on the issues that are more popular,  they render themselves out of the running as a result.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 05:47:33 pm »
Most polls are showing that attitudes on both sides are hardening,  with almost no folks in the middle with neutral or "I have an open mind" opinions regarding either Trump or the fevered "resistance". 

As one who loves engaging folks in political discussions on the train to work, I've noticed that dialogue with the Trump haters is getting increasingly impossible.   They get flustered and apologize that they just cannot continue the discussion.   I've seen their eyes well up with tears at the rage and dislocation they feel.   It is, to be perfectly honest, scary to see the country this polarized and unwilling to dialogue.

Yes.  My niece called me yesterday, upset.  Her best friend in the world had called her and started ranting against Trump and kinda blaming her.  She was a 'better than Hillary" Trump voter but hardly a devotee.

She reacted and they had a big blowup which they are now trying to resolve.

I blame the Trump haters because you cannot 'dialogue' with a Trump hater.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 07:49:36 pm »

I would be alot less concerned if the left's agenda wasn't so damned personally intrusive. They are the ones seeking to overturn the apple cart. Everything they advocate will diminish what I have and increasingly threaten my and my family's well being.

THEY are the ones who depend upon government coercion. They think they know better than I do how to run my own life - the words I use, how much money I make, my attitude on certain controversial issues. On the other hand, I really don't care how they conduct themselves as long as it doesn't affect me. And I want the government out of our lives as much as possible.

So yeah, my attitude has hardened. Its a matter of self preservation.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 07:52:45 pm by skeeter »