Author Topic: The Trump Era and Dumb Conservatism: When “Owning the Libs” Is Your Only Goal  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What is Caesar's that is not Yahovah's? Caesar did not even own the breath in his own lungs, nor the lungs themselves. Think on that passage with that in mind. Otherwise you will wind up in that silly notion that bad people can do good things. That the end justifies the means. That principle things, TRUE things, don't matter anymore.

Well $3T  (some are saying $5T) more debt upon our great grandchildren comes to mind for starters...

More importantly, what has he done to secure the blessings of liberty? EO's are transient, and little more than red meat for his followers (see Geo, W, Bush administration)... What has he done that we get to keep?

:amen:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
roamer asks?
"What is power without principles?"

I don't particularly care about "principles", "scruples", "morals", or any of that crap.
If we can have power with them as well, all the better.
But... if all we can have is "just the power" (without the rest)... that's still fine with me.

You shall have exactly what Robespierre and France received when they achieved exactly what it is that is fine with you.

It is amazing to me to read all the self-identifying "Conservatives" out there who are just fine and dandy with totalitarianism as long as it is THEIR guy and THEIR party who get to wield it.

I think that mindset virtually guarantees a frightening near-future that given when one reads what is out there regarding this subject, I think we will make the despots of last century blush.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:18:01 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Many men fought and died for our democracy and the right to vote.  There is no reason to listen to scoundrels that would deride that right.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Never Trumpers are on the sidelines, pro-life measures, 2nd amendment law discussed, thanks for nothing. Don't tell us what evil is.

Offline roamer_1

Many men fought and died for our democracy and the right to vote.  There is no reason to listen to scoundrels that would deride that right.

Of course not. Vote the scoundrels into office.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Never Trumpers are on the sidelines, pro-life measures, 2nd amendment law discussed, thanks for nothing. Don't tell us what evil is.

Based on what you people have promised us - it is YOU who will be visiting evil upon us when 'the time comes'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, they didn't, Tom.  Many men (and women) did fight for our Republic however.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Sanguine

Thank you!  I tend to not pay much attention to anyone who persists in calling our country a "Democracy" because they have already told me that they don't know what they are talking about.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Of course not. Vote the scoundrels into office.

But you have no realistic suggestions as to what can be done. Just derision.

Offline Axeslinger

@TomSea

I’d say a pretty good definition of EVIL would be accusing others of defending child ABUSE based upon no evidence and in fact merely based upon the fact that they disagree with you about a politician.

What do you think Tom?  Think that qualifies as evil?  Because I sure as hell do.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:46:14 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

But you have no realistic suggestions as to what can be done. Just derision.

The realistic suggestion is to start voting for Conservatives. And ONLY Conservatives. The principles we stand upon are all that unite us, and the minute it is not about those principles is the minute it becomes mere Republican-ism. That rah-rah bullshit means absolutely nothing. That is why you have a bi-polarized party. That is why you haven't done a damn thing for Conservatism in 30 years. Winning is about those principles, not the big rhinestone 'R'.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It is amazing to me to read all the self-identifying "Conservatives" out there who are just fine and dandy with totalitarianism as long as it is THEIR guy and THEIR party who get to wield it.   

What totalitarianism do you see under President Trump @INVAR ?  Be specific.

Sometimes I think you just throw words around hoping something finally sticks.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:39:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

What totalitarianism do you see under President Trump @INVAR ?  Be specific.

Have you ever seen a President with MORE opposition than what Trump has faced?  Where are the arrests for sedition?  Where is the suppression of the Press?

Some dictator!

Offline roamer_1

Have you ever seen a President with MORE opposition than what Trump has faced?  Where are the arrests for sedition?  Where is the suppression of the Press?

Some dictator!

Dubya got exactly the same treatment.

Some dictator! 

I swear it feels like the world is inside out.  President Trump is the one trying to rebalance this nation away from a central government and he catching shit from every corner.

Offline roamer_1

That's right.

Offline skeeter

The realistic suggestion is to start voting for Conservatives. And ONLY Conservatives. The principles we stand upon are all that unite us, and the minute it is not about those principles is the minute it becomes mere Republican-ism. That rah-rah bullshit means absolutely nothing. That is why you have a bi-polarized party. That is why you haven't done a damn thing for Conservatism in 30 years. Winning is about those principles, not the big rhinestone 'R'.

I’ve been doing that for 40 years. But I don’t get to pick our candidate by myself. So I make the most of the choices at election time, cause I’m not going to sit out and watch Hillary Clinton win.

Honestly after 20 months of fire and brimstone sermons from those more righteous than I still don’t know why that seems to outrage some of you guys.

Offline corbe

AND so would have anyone with a (R) behind their name the Trumpers act like this frontal assault from the msm is unprecedented and UNFAIR, damnit!   (clutch some pearls)
   If only they'd spend half their 'Dry Powder' on libs instead of us #Nevers (whatever that is) they would be in a much better position going into the Midterms. #MAGA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

No.  No President, not even Reagan, has received the unrelenting attacks, disrespect, threats and subversion as President Trump.

And yet he stands.  He moves forward.  Donald Trump meant when he said:

I am your voice.

So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future, I say these words to you tonight: I’m With You, and I will fight for you, and I will win for you.

To all Americans tonight, in all our cities and towns, I make this promise: We Will Make America Strong Again.

We Will Make America Proud Again.

We Will Make America Safe Again.

And We Will Make America Great Again.

Offline dfwgator

AND so would have anyone with a (R) behind their name the Trumpers act like this frontal assault from the msm is unprecedented and UNFAIR, damnit!   (clutch some pearls)
   If only they'd spend half their 'Dry Powder' on libs instead of us #Nevers (whatever that is) they would be in a much better position going into the Midterms. #MAGA

But that's the point, Dubya never defended himself and that's what rendered him ineffective.

AND so would have anyone with a (R) behind their name the Trumpers act like this frontal assault from the msm is unprecedented and UNFAIR, damnit!   

It is.  No one has taken with this man has taken .... and still he fights.

Offline skeeter

You mean we’d be in a better position.

You mean we’d be in a better position.

But he doesn't.

Offline roamer_1

No.  No President, not even Reagan, has received the unrelenting attacks, disrespect, threats and subversion as President Trump.

Oh, bullcrap! He makes half his problems or more with his own dang mouth.

And yet he stands.  He moves forward.  Donald Trump meant when he said:

Offline roamer_1

That's right. SOSDD