Author Topic: First Thoughts On the Carter Page FISA Application  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

First Thoughts On the Carter Page FISA Application
« on: July 22, 2018, 01:57:21 pm »
First Thoughts On the Carter Page FISA Application
Powerline, Jul 21, 2018, John Hinderaker

Given that most of the application that Barack Obama’s Department of Justice submitted to the FISA court to obtain a surveillance order on Carter Page has been redacted, what we can say about the application is limited. Still, a few things stand out.

First, the FISA application expresses confidence that Page was an agent of the Russian government, and engaged in criminal activity:

But Page has never been charged with anything. Accordingly, the least we can say is that Obama’s FBI and DOJ were wrong.

Second, the application’s description of Christopher Steele and the provenance of his dossier was misleading at best:

The “identified U.S. person” is Glenn Simpson, the head of Fusion GPS. Source #1 is Christopher Steele. The DOJ’s statement that “the FBI speculates that the identified U.S person [Simpson] was likely looking for information that could be used to discredit Candidate #1’s [Trump’s] campaign” could only have been an intentional effort to deceive the FISA judge. The FBI was perfectly well aware that the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC hired Simpson through their lawyers, and the purpose of doing so was to attack candidate Donald Trump. References to “speculation” about “likely” motives are entirely dishonest.

Third ..

Read more: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/07/first-thoughts-on-the-carter-page-fisa-application.php

Re: First Thoughts On the Carter Page FISA Application
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:02:06 pm »
Mr. President, it is time to declassify this document.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:07:58 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Congratulations to @JudicialWatch and @TomFitton on being successful in getting the Carter Page FISA documents. As usual they are ridiculously heavily redacted but confirm with little doubt that the Department of “Justice” and FBI misled the courts. Witch Hunt Rigged, a Scam!

3:28 AM - 22 Jul 2018 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1020978929736265729?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Donald J. Trump

Looking more & more like the Trump Campaign for President was illegally being spied upon (surveillance) for the political gain of Crooked Hillary Clinton and the DNC. Ask her how that worked out - she did better with Crazy Bernie. Republicans must get tough now. An illegal Scam!

3:49 AM - 22 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1020984152357777408?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:10:37 pm »
Donald J. Trump

.@PeteHegseth on @FoxNews  “Source #1 was the (Fake) Dossier. Yes, the Dirty Dossier, paid for by Democrats as a hit piece against Trump, and looking for information that could discredit Candidate #1 Trump. Carter Page was just the foot to surveil the Trump campaign...” ILLEGAL!

5:56 AM - 22 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021016070134648833?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 02:13:36 pm »
What I really want to know is the identity of the judge who signed off on the surveillance of Carter Page, based on such flimsy grounds. Some are speculating that he must be from Hawaii.

The article I saw in yesterday's Slimes was very helpful in that regard.  It ID'd all three Judges as "Republican appointees."  I didn't know HI has Republican Judges. :shrug:

As this article states, a great deal of the applications was redacted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 02:26:28 pm »
The documents say the FBI investigation began based on information provided by the State Dept. Details are redacted. Documents also show the FBI had done nothing except clip some news articles and hearsay from Steele as the basis for the warrant.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:39:59 pm »
The article I saw in yesterday's Slimes was very helpful in that regard.  It ID'd all three Judges as "Republican appointees."  I didn't know HI has Republican Judges. :shrug:

As this article states, a great deal of the applications was redacted.

I don't see three Judges in the redacted documents @Cyber Liberty     But this version does show McCabe and Rosenstein's signatures along with the judge:  Raymond J. Dearie. Dearie was appointed to the FISA court by Chief Justice Roberts.  Interesting,  we see it was signed in June 2017, but for some reason the day is secret.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/95-carter-page-fisa-documents-foia-release/full/optimized.pdf

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:43:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:40:36 pm »
Here's a link to the NYT article from yesterday

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/21/us/politics/carter-page-fisa.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 02:50:07 pm »
I don't see three Judges in the redacted documents @Cyber Liberty     But this version does show McCabe and Rosenstein's signatures along with the judge:  Raymond J. Dearie. Dearie was appointed to the FISA court by Chief Justice Roberts.  Interesting,  we see it was signed in June 2017, but for some reason the day is secret.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/95-carter-page-fisa-documents-foia-release/full/optimized.pdf

@Right_in_Virginia

I see that raving Moslem lunatic Brennan's name in that image you posted above.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 02:52:03 pm »
Here's a link to the NYT article from yesterday

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/21/us/politics/carter-page-fisa.html

Thanks  for finding that article!  The part I mentioned, FTA:
The materials also revealed which Federal District Court judges signed off on the wiretapping of Mr. Page: Judges Rosemary Collyer, Michael Mosman, Anne C. Conway and Raymond J. Dearie. All were appointed by Republican presidents.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 02:54:31 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I see that raving Moslem lunatic Brennan's name in that image you posted above.

No surprise. 

I just get lost in all the redaction .... I can't determine who's signing off on what.  For instance, what was Judge Dearie signing off on in Jun 2017?

Do we know from this the judge who signed the original warrant request?

@Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:13:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »
No surprise. 

I just get lost in all the redaction .... I can't who's signing off on what.  For instance, what was Judge Dearie signing off on in Jun 2017?

Do we know from this the judge who signed the original warrant request?

@Cyber Liberty

June, 2017 would have been a renewal application.  We probably won't find out for a while who signed the original, and that's a crime.  I don't see any reason to redact that.  We have the usual redaction game going on here...I suspect the redactions are more cases of bureaucrats burying their business in the kitty litter, and not protecting sources and methods.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:19 pm »
Mr. President, it is time to declassify this document.

I agree. We have a bunch of Obama hacks signing off on on a bullshit warrant way before anyone was talking about Russians just so they could get their nose into an opponents campaign. It's proof of Obama corruption.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 03:21:09 pm »
I agree. We have a bunch of Obama hacks signing off on on a bullshit warrant way before anyone was talking about Russians just so they could get their nose into an opponents campaign. It's proof of Obama corruption.

The problem is, being FISA warrants, there are likely to be some bona fide descriptions of "sources and methods" in them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 03:21:23 pm »
 :yawn2:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 03:27:14 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 03:28:23 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 03:37:48 pm »
July 22, 2018
Ten problems with the release of the heavily redacted FISA warrants on Carter Page
By Thomas Lifson

It is a huge scandal that the vast, frightening surveillance powers of our intelligence agencies, normally forbidden from snooping on American citizens, were used to spy on a presidential campaign antagonistic to the sitting president. Far too slowly, the underlying documents that permitted this are coming to light. Last night, 412 pages of heavily redacted versions of the original FISA warrant and subsequent renewals used to spy on Carter Page

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/ten_problems_with_the_release_of_the_heavily_redacted_fisa_warrants_on_carter_page.html
Support the USO

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 03:51:53 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »
Sounds like a guy who's compromised.

"What does James Comey, James Clapper and John Brennan have on Marco Rubio?"
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »

] At least two of those renewals occurred while Mr. Trump was president and at least one was authorized by a Justice Department official he appointed. A person familiar with the matter said that four separate federal judges approved the surveillance of Mr. Page, and all of those judges were appointed by Republican presidents.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/03/wsj-reports-four-separate-fisa-court-judges-approved-renewals-to-carter-page-surveillance/

Nope.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 07:05:51 pm »

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 07:11:04 pm »

] At least two of those renewals occurred while Mr. Trump was president and at least one was authorized by a Justice Department official he appointed. A person familiar with the matter said that four separate federal judges approved the surveillance of Mr. Page, and all of those judges were appointed by Republican presidents.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/02/03/wsj-reports-four-separate-fisa-court-judges-approved-renewals-to-carter-page-surveillance/ 

Odd... @edpc   If I were going to post a few words from this article, I would have chosen these:

It would be ‘almost’ impossible to have four separate engagements with the FISA court, and gain a different judge on each encounter.  It would be entirely impossible to have four separate judges if the original application and all three subsequent renewals went through the same district.  (There are only three judges in the DC district – making four separate judges impossible.)   Something is entirely fishy about this.

Either the WSJ source is incorrect, or the greater likelihood is the DOJ was strategically approaching a different FISA judge each time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 07:45:31 pm »

Nope.

...because we all know that the Obama hacks were fired January 20, 2017.  Nice spin there.
I will NOT comply.