Author Topic: Nazis and anti-Semites slip through GOP primaries, causing headaches for party  (Read 623 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/20/nazis-and-anti-semites-slip-through-gop-primaries-causing-headaches-for-party.html

Arthur Jones is an avowed member of the American Nazi Party, a Holocaust denier and a sympathizer of the Ku Klux Klan.

He also is the Republican candidate challenging Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski for Illinois’ Chicago-area 3rd Congressional District.

Jones is one of several Nazis, Holocaust deniers or white supremacists who have elbowed their way onto the GOP ballot for November’s midterm elections, in part by either concealing their views or running unopposed in the primary. But their campaigns have alarmed Republican leaders, with state and national GOP figures now speaking out against them and making clear they are not welcome in the party.

"The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones,” Tim Schneider, the chairman of the Illinois GOP, said in a statement to Fox News. “We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District."

more at link.

I know that I, like most people, see the world through my own biases, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think fewer nazis and racists in the GOP makes it a better party.  It's just my opinion, and we can agree to disagree, but I just have never been a big fan of nazis or racists.  I understand that many of them have heaped lavish praise on the GOP President, but still I believe nazis and racists are not a positive influence on the GOP, and I'd say the same about the rat party.

So big ups for the Republicans who recognize a problem and I'll pray for the rest.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Nobody wants to take the pro-nazi, pro-racist side?    :pondering:

Offline dfwgator

I hate Illinois Nazis.

Offline dfwgator

The only thing I would say is be careful how you define "racist", as those goalposts always seem to be moving.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
The only thing I would say is be careful how you define "racist", as those goalposts always seem to be moving.

Exactly.  Some qualify by simply having a CBF on their avatar.

versus 20-50 years ago when rock bands used them on tour, and TV show cars donned them on the roof.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:14:13 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.