Author Topic: Trump complained reporter's question at summit was too hard: report  (Read 504 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump complained reporter's question at summit was too hard: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 07/21/18 03:03 PM EDT

President Trump reportedly complained that a reporter’s question about Russian interference in the 2016 election during a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin was too difficult.

The Washington Post reported Saturday that Trump wondered why Associated Press reporter Jonathan Lemire had been selected to ask the president a question, rather than someone who would have presented him with an easier query.

Lemire asked if Trump would, “with the whole world watching, tell President Putin, that you denounce what happened in 2016, and would you warn him to never do it again?”

Trump replied by asking why the FBI didn’t take a server from the Democratic National Committee to directly investigate hacking claims. He added “I don’t see any reason why it would be” Russia.

“But I have confidence in both parties,” Trump said, apparently referring to the U.S. intelligence community and Putin.

The president’s comments sparked a firestorm of controversy over the past week.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398192-trump-complained-reporters-question-at-summit-was-too-hard
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump complained reporter's question at summit was too hard: report
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:23:08 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:35:37 pm »
Trump expression to Putin response to press question

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 11:19:35 pm »
Trump grilled staff for calling on AP reporter at Helsinki press conference: Report
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-grilled-staff-for-calling-on-ap-reporter-at-helsinki-press-conference-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 12:45:28 am »
When he asked aides why they chose Lemire, they told him that other reporters would have asked a similar question.

No kidding.  It was inevitable someone would ask the question in some form.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.