Author Topic: Al Sharpton: Cohen meeting me sends ‘a signal’ to Trump  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Sharpton: Cohen meeting me sends ‘a signal’ to Trump
By John Bowden - 07/21/18 11:00 AM EDT

Rev. Al Sharpton's meeting with President Trump's longtime former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen was not happenstance but rather a planned conversation meant to send a message to Trump, the MSNBC host said.

Sharpton told MSNBC's Ali Velshi that he has a longstanding relationship with Cohen dating back to Trump's time as a real estate mogul in New York, adding that Cohen used to "arrange" meetings between the two men to discuss their differences on social justice issues.

"He was the one to try to get all sides together, usually unsuccessfully," Sharpton said.

The MSNBC host added that Cohen, who ended his years-long relationship as Trump's attorney earlier this year, was "troubled" during his conversation with Sharpton about his business with the president and the resulting media attention.

“I received a text from him saying he wanted to meet,” Sharpton said. “We met at a public restaurant and we spoke for over an hour. He was very troubled and felt in many ways cast wrongly.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/398176-al-sharpton-cohen-meeting-me-sends-a-signal-to-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Al Sharpton: Cohen meeting me sends ‘a signal’ to Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 04:14:36 pm »
a longstanding relationship with Cohen dating back to Trump's time as a real estate mogul in New York, adding that Cohen used to "arrange" meetings between the two men to discuss their differences on social justice issues.

That must have been back when AL was shaking down high rollers with threats of protests and such.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 04:51:31 pm »
Prior to being Trump’s personal attorney, Cohen was a personal injury lawyer – literally an ambulance chaser.  He campaigned for Dukakis and interned for a Massachusetts congressman years ago. It’s hardly surprising to find him cozying up with people like Lanny Davis and Al Sharpton.  He’s fooling absolutely no one.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:59:45 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 05:11:03 pm »
The fact that Al Sharpton said it, and MSNBC reported it tells me that it is complete BS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-