Author Topic: GOP to White House: End summit mystery  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: GOP to White House: End summit mystery
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 09:09:40 pm »
I also hate that the media driven frenzy but lets face it he handed it to them on a platter. 

The collusion between the media and the liberal body politic decides what's on the platter, not the President.

Once the Russian indictments were disclosed 72 hours before the "summit", the media script for the President's failure was written --- he would either not be strong enough or so strong as to be unstable. 

The facts would be twisted, spun and edited to fit the media's script and create a drumbeat.  And this is exactly what happened.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2018, 09:36:39 pm »
The collusion between the media and the liberal body politic decides what's on the platter, not the President.

Once the Russian indictments were disclosed 72 hours before the "summit", the media script for the President's failure was written --- he would either not be strong enough or so strong as to be unstable. 

The facts would be twisted, spun and edited to fit the media's script and create a drumbeat.  And this is exactly what happened.

888high58888

You know I have my share of criticisms for the President, but an obvious checkers game is what's being played  here. You nailed the purpose of announcing those indictments, it's to create a no-win situation (the safety of the nation be damned).  The media is simply playing their part in the game.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 09:40:16 pm »
@Chosen Daughter  You think the Democrats didn't lie to us about Putin and Russia?  Really??

And of course, the Democrats would never try to influence an election in Russia, would they?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 09:44:40 pm »
And of course, the Democrats would never try to influence an election in Russia, would they?

Or Israel.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 12:40:00 pm »
Why exactly should President Trump not divulge what was discussed with Putin?  He is not a government of self.

I'm having a hard time understanding the concern about this.  Whatever "verbal agreements" may have been reached in that meeting are rather meaningless unless there are either 1) subsequent efforts to reduce them to something formal, at which point they'll be public, or 2) concrete actions taken based on those discussions, which also will be public when they occur.  In other words, if there was anything important, we'll find out anyway.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 12:42:09 pm »

Right.  There were actually calls for him to cancel that meeting, which to me amounted to an attempted foreign-policy coup by Mueller, Rosenstein, and their allies in the media.  They were attempting to use their power to control when/if the President was allowed to meet with Putin.  I'm glad he went ahead with it anyway.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 03:24:06 pm »

Oh, please, RiV.  Nobody forced him to do the would/wouldn't Vaudeville routine, take an entire day to address it, negate his prepared notes with ‘could be other people,’ then compound it all with the ridiculous 'no' means 'I will not answer questions' game.  That monumental goat screw was all his doing.  The instant reaction from people on the right, without a media driven narrative demonstrated that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:37:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »
You don't care what was said.  You only care because of who is the president.  You are disingenuous.

@The Ghost   There is no point.  Really, there is no point.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:30:39 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2018, 04:25:39 pm »
I'm having a hard time understanding the concern about this.  Whatever "verbal agreements" may have been reached in that meeting are rather meaningless unless there are either 1) subsequent efforts to reduce them to something formal, at which point they'll be public, or 2) concrete actions taken based on those discussions, which also will be public when they occur.  In other words, if there was anything important, we'll find out anyway.

There is no real concern, but there is a heck of a lot of manufactured concern.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 04:26:35 pm »
Why exactly should President Trump not divulge what was discussed with Putin?  He is not a government of self.

He hasn't told you yet, @Chosen Daughter ?  He told me this morning.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 04:30:12 pm »

Absolutely, @Right_in_Virginia   the script was pre-written ... all that remained was to decide which way to swing it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 05:12:06 pm »
There is no real concern, but there is a heck of a lot of manufactured concern.

It seems very easy to "manufacture concern," due to having so many "concerned" Republicans.

A-holes like Flake.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »
Absolutely, @Right_in_Virginia   the script was pre-written ... all that remained was to decide which way to swing it.

Yup.  Anyone who doesn't see this, simply is not looking.

@Emjay

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 06:20:04 pm »

I had heard on another news outlet that Trump actually made the call to make public the list of the 12 Russians indicted before the summit.
The story is, the FBI asked him if he wanted that to be made public before or after, and he chose before.
I can believe it.
He figured it would give him some leverage over Putin in the meeting.
The MSM and liberals all started saying he shouldn't have gone after they indictments were made public, but it was Trump's call.

Here's a link.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-17/trump-said-to-decide-russia-indictments-should-come-pre-summit

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2018, 06:29:53 pm »
He figured it would give him some leverage over Putin in the meeting.

Instead, he came out with a limited time, not sold in stores, incredible offer, which he ultimately had to turn down due to a pending 98-0 Senate stand against it.  Amateur hour.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 06:40:46 pm »
Impee Foty-Fie!
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 06:55:01 pm »

Instead, he came out with a limited time, not sold in stores, incredible offer, which he ultimately had to turn down due to a pending 98-0 Senate stand against it.  Amateur hour.

Well, I didn't say his leverage idea actually worked................. :cool:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:55:43 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 09:24:39 pm »
@Chosen Daughter  doesn't have the corner on THAT 'market'.

That's the optic we get from virtually all of the remaining half-dozen or so hard-core NTs.

At this point, they provide comic-relief to the seriousness of the day.

Thankfully, @DCPatriot their number is decreasing.  Sadly, though, they are inveterate posters and never tire of their own opinions.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2018, 12:58:19 am »
Thankfully, @DCPatriot their number is decreasing.  Sadly, though, they are inveterate posters and never tire of their own opinions.

I resemble that remark @Emjay and I'll take this opportunity to remind you Trumpers in general and you in particular that if it wasn't for us Capital 'C' Conservatives holding you people back from your own inevitable demise in a populist GOP, things would be much worse than they are.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:58:59 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 01:02:50 am »
   I resemble that remark @Emjay and I'll take this opportunity to remind you Trumpers in general and you in particular that if it wasn't for us Capital 'C' Conservatives holding you people back from your own inevitable demise in a populist GOP, things would be much worse than they are.

@corbe

Have no idea of wtf you're talking about...Willis.   Care to expound on that?

And...should I smoke first?   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2018, 01:02:55 am »

@corbe  I have no idea what you are talking about but I will be generous and assume that you do.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2018, 01:03:56 am »
@corbe  I have no idea what you are talking about but I will be generous and assume that you do.

@Emjay

I know...right?   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:39 am »

Oh, please, RiV.  Nobody forced him to do the would/wouldn't Vaudeville routine, take an entire day to address it, negate his prepared notes with ‘could be other people,’ then compound it all with the ridiculous 'no' means 'I will not answer questions' game.  That monumental goat screw was all his doing.  The instant reaction from people on the right, without a media driven narrative demonstrated that.

@edpc

Nonono, it can't be Trump's fault!  He must just be a puppet with the media/Mueller/whomever pulling the strings to make him do all that!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:48 am »
   Yes, Smoking is 'The Translator'.
   I'll expound later, after I finish this bag of Cheetos.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2018, 01:16:00 am »
I'll expound later, after I finish this bag of Cheetos.

Are you eating them or wearing them?