Author Topic: GOP to White House: End summit mystery  (Read 2948 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP to White House: End summit mystery
« on: July 21, 2018, 03:55:42 pm »
GOP to White House: End summit mystery
By Alexander Bolton - 07/21/18 06:00 AM EDT

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are worried that Russian President Vladimir Putin may use his one-on-one meeting with President Trump in Helsinki to drive a wedge between NATO allies by claiming secret side deals with the United States.

Congressional Republicans are urging the White House to get ahead of the Kremlin by defining what was and wasn’t agreed to. What was said between the two leaders, they admit, remains a disconcerting mystery.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) says he has “no idea” what Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov meant when he said Wednesday that Trump and Putin had entered into “important verbal agreements.”

Corker expressed concern about talk that the White House and Kremlin are “setting up a second meeting so they can begin implementation” of these mystery agreements.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/398131-gop-to-white-house-end-summit-mystery
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: GOP to White House: End summit mystery
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 07:53:53 pm »
Weird.  The people here who call themselves GOP have not responded.  Is Trump a new party of himself?  I think this is right.  Full disclosure of the details of his meeting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 08:00:04 pm »
Weird.  The people here who call themselves GOP have not responded.  Is Trump a new party of himself?  I think this is right.  Full disclosure of the details of his meeting.

Your concern is touching.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 08:04:27 pm »
Your concern is touching.

As is your unquestionable loyalty to King Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 08:08:39 pm »
As is your unquestionable loyalty to King Trump.

You don't care what was said.  You only care because of who is the president.  You are disingenuous.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »
Flake Corker, Ryan NOT running for re-election Nov. 2018

I find the suggestion Trump is less legitimate to pursue a personal relationship with other leaders, than Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama is wrong.

With Republicans of a #nevertrump bent, leaving elected office is particularly wrong.

The evidence is Trump has enacted strong measures against Russia.

These extremely weak "Republicans" seem identical to democrats and the media. Weak weak, weak

#nevertrumpers buy this crap every day. Weak, weak, weak

Articles reading "both sides of the isle" mean biased media find the weak Republicans of the day, willing to be named.

Great fole for those leaving office. McCain played the role. Real Republicans despised him for it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 08:26:59 pm »
Flake Corker, Ryan NOT running for re-election Nov. 2018

I find the suggestion Trump is less legitimate to pursue a personal relationship with other leaders, than Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, or Obama is wrong.

With Republicans of a #nevertrump bent, leaving elected office is particularly wrong.

The evidence is Trump has enacted strong measures against Russia.

These extremely weak "Republicans" seem identical to democrats and the media. Weak weak, weak

#nevertrumpers buy this crap every day. Weak, weak, weak

Articles reading "both sides of the isle" mean biased media find the weak Republicans of the day, willing to be named.

Great fole for those leaving office. McCain played the role. Real Republicans despised him for it.

Why exactly should President Trump not divulge what was discussed with Putin?  He is not a government of self. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 10:41:44 pm »
He talked about Golf and Grandchildren.  Even Dictators have Grandchildren.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 03:41:21 pm »
He talked about Golf and Grandchildren.  Even Dictators have Grandchildren.

88devil

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 04:07:10 pm »
You don't care what was said.  You only care because of who is the president.  You are disingenuous.

@Chosen Daughter  doesn't have the corner on THAT 'market'.

That's the optic we get from virtually all of the remaining half-dozen or so hard-core NTs.

At this point, they provide comic-relief to the seriousness of the day.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 04:45:13 pm »
Why exactly should President Trump not divulge what was discussed with Putin?  He is not a government of self.
I listened to acomplete interview of Trump, by Hannity, yesterday.

Many things were discussed. It was on Sirius XM Sat radio, Patriot Ch. 125.

If you by your choice limit your sources for news and info, to just Fakestream stories fed to you, like here for instance, you miss a lot !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 06:24:34 pm »
I listened to acomplete interview of Trump, by Hannity, yesterday.

Many things were discussed. It was on Sirius XM Sat radio, Patriot Ch. 125.

If you by your choice limit your sources for news and info, to just Fakestream stories fed to you, like here for instance, you miss a lot !!

:thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 06:26:44 pm »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 08:23:04 pm »

That's the optic we get from virtually all of the remaining half-dozen or so hard-core NTs.

When I watched the press conference I was ready to believe him.  After all this has been going on for quite some time.  Then I came to TBR just to find out that he lied, knowing he had lied.  I don't like thinking I can get behind him finally and then he acts like an idiot and lies to the American people. 

All those pictures of dems and bush meeting with Putin.  Two things they didn't do is: 1 lie about, and undermine our intelligence to appease Putin.  2.  Offer Americans to be questioned by Russia.   

What an idiot.  Comes home and about face because bipartisan politicians know the truth.  Two things about lies.  You have to tell more to cover for the first one, and they usually come out.

So what is truly comical is the always Trumpers who have no criticism for a weak President who continues to give liberals ammunition to take out against the entire GOP.  Because he isn't a government of self.  What he does reflects on the entire party and with this it has caused division.  And you know that a house divided falls.  Thanks Trump for continuing the drama that will destroy our chances to win in the fall.

BTW  hate the frummpy  Trumpy weird full of myself smirk he was wearing when he was lying in Helsinki.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:28:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »
@Chosen Daughter  You think the Democrats didn't lie to us about Putin and Russia?  Really??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 08:39:09 pm »
Citizens to GOP: Stop going off into the daily Trump Tizzy and start passing some meaningful leglislation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 08:41:08 pm »
@Chosen Daughter  You think the Democrats didn't lie to us about Putin and Russia?  Really??

I could be wrong but I don't think that I ever saw any President throw our own government under the bus to appease Putin.  That is a lie about our government, just to clarify.  It made our government look like the enemy.  As I said I was ready to believe him.  Then I find out he retracted everything.  But the damage was already done.  He went on national television and said our intelligence was corrupt.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 08:41:38 pm »
Citizens to GOP: Stop going off into the daily Trump Tizzy and start passing some meaningful leglislation.

That would be nice.  Things do happen in Congress, but Trump Tizzies keep news of that off the front page.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 08:44:54 pm »
I could be wrong but I don't think that I ever saw any President throw our own government under the bus to appease Putin.  That is a lie about our government, just to clarify.  It made our government look like the enemy.  As I said I was ready to believe him.  Then I find out he retracted everything.  But the damage was already done.  He went on national television and said our intelligence was corrupt.

The press would never cover the perfidy perpetrated by Clinton or Obama.  I've notice people always find precisely what they are predisposed to find, and that makes things especially difficult when the only media some folks look at went 100% in the tank for Democrats years ago.

How about Obama and Biden throwing Seal Team Six under the bus after they took out Osama bin Ladin.  That cost actual lives.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 08:51:32 pm »

Citizen to Trump:  You give me a headache.  You do, you don't.  It is or it isn't.  I won't support but I did.  Its a huge drama.  I could give a crap about election and Russian meddling, but you don't have to lie about it.  Especially don't lie in front of national television and then admit your full of crap the next day.  I doubt that Russia had any real affect on elections.   Hillary never could have won.  You won because you told the American people you were going to deport illegal immigrants and lock Hillary up.  Lets get on with the job Americans voted for and stop making a jackass out of yourself. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 08:54:27 pm »
Citizen to Trump:  You give me a headache.  You do, you don't.  It is or it isn't.  I won't support but I did.  Its a huge drama.  I could give a crap about election and Russian meddling, but you don't have to lie about it.  Especially don't lie in front of national television and then admit your full of crap the next day.  I doubt that Russia had any real affect on elections.   Hillary never could have won.  You won because you told the American people you were going to deport illegal immigrants and lock Hillary up.  Lets get on with the job Americans voted for and stop making a jackass out of yourself.

A fair criticism of the President.  Several, in fact.  :beer:

My objections are to the media-driven ones.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 08:55:03 pm »
The press would never cover the perfidy perpetrated by Clinton or Obama.  I've notice people always find precisely what they are predisposed to find, and that makes things especially difficult when the only media some folks look at went 100% in the tank for Democrats years ago.

How about Obama and Biden throwing Seal Team Six under the bus after they took out Osama bin Ladin.  That cost actual lives.

And don't forget Hillary and Benghazi.  All of which I was very critical.  Just because Trump is Republican doesn't make it any better.  Our President should never throw his own government to the wolves.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 08:57:13 pm »
A fair criticism of the President.  Several, in fact.  :beer:

My objections are to the media-driven ones.

:beer:  I also hate that the media driven frenzy but lets face it he handed it to them on a platter.

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »

Thanks for affirming my special 'Life Purpose', @DCPatriot

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 09:08:27 pm »
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.