Author Topic: Jeff Flake takes to Senate floor to suggest Trump committed TREASON by giving 'aid and comfort' to '  (Read 8401 times)

Offline the_doc

Where is the appropriate place, for almost hourly rhetorical claims of "You are wicked sinners, but I'm not?

There could be found emojis

-- Pearls clutched
-- Virtues signaled
-- Peacock morality feathers displayed

Thanks!  (Notice that my post immediately above was just a potentially stinging summary of Constitutional history for the ignorant folks of our day!)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Which is not consistent with liberty.  What you say is true.  Group think is out of control.  That isn't liberty.  That is secular forcing all people to conform with their own idea of life.  In order to finalize the Social programming God would have to go away.  That is the reason they continue.  Because they don't want to "co-exist".  They want to dictate what you can and can't believe.

When we cannot discuss religion and biblical moral principles, then we cannot discuss liberty at all.

All we can discuss is license, politics and what is tolerable for the mob and the state.  Liberty no longer has a place at the table.

And soon, neither will freedom - except the freedom to do as one pleases with permission from the state.

No wonder the amount of vitriol being displayed by so-called Conservatives towards religion and the bible matches that of the Marxist Left.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A friend of mine administers a FB sous vide page. She added me to the group, but I really have no intention of using a sous vide, so I pretty much ignore the posts.  ^-^

Really?  What's the page?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What do you expect from a guy born in Snowflake, Az?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Chosen Daughter
@sneakypete

@the_doc    @Chosen Daughter

True Believers are going to believe what they want to believe. That's what makes you True Believers.

I have no problem with that as long as you don't try to turn your dogma into law,and force it down the throats of others. If you do,you are no different than the Taliban,the Soviets,the Nazi's, or other True Believers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:09:01 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

True Believers are going to believe what they want to believe. That's what makes you True Believers.

I have no problem with that as long as you don't try to turn your dogma into law,and force it down the throats of others. If you do,you are no different than the Taliban,the Soviets,the Nazi's, or other True Believers.

Thanks for that reply @sneakypete.

All law has to have moral character, but laws rarely if ever need to be made on the grounds that "the Bible says such and such"--even if the Bible is a book of wisdom (as our Framers maintained when they used the Bible as a kind of structural template for our Constitution).   Human laws should be based on natural law--things that are universally recognized by what our Founders called a "civil society."  So, the unbeliever shouldn't fear anything onerous from a genuine Christian. 

This is the reason why we don't have to institute a theocratic society in the name of Christianity.  A secular society is possible.  In fact, as Isaac Backus was ultimately arguing, a secular arrangement is oddly necessary.  The Kingdom of Christ is "not of this world."  (Even American Roman Catholics now generally recognize that Constantinism was a terrible blunder.) 

Unfortunately, the secular society comes apart into violence and subsequent tyranny when the formerly civil society deteriorates into over-the-top incivility through the rotting effect of selfish depravity. 

Our Founders repeatedly warned us about that mess--which seems to be where we are now.  We have met the enemy of our Republic, and it is us.  The most astute of our Framers suspected that this would eventually happen apart from a continually thriving Christian influence--sort of a Second Law of Spiritual Thermodynamics. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Thanks for that reply @sneakypete.

All law has to have moral character, but laws rarely if ever need to be made on the grounds that "the Bible says such and such"

Do not omit saying our Founders were Englishmen, and had first beheaded Charles I,, then gone theocracy under Lord Protector Cromwell, before deciding they liked a King okay after all.

In other words, our nation was based on an informed experience with theocracy, and rejection thereof.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I agree with you.  What laws do we have that you would regard as dogma now so I can address them?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Thank God you didn't quote Lennon's "Imagine".

:beer:

I thought about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do not omit saying our Founders were Englishmen, and had first beheaded Charles I,, then gone theocracy under Lord Protector Cromwell, before deciding they liked a King okay after all.

@truth_seeker

Not really. For example,some of MY ancestors were already here,and already swapping atrocities with the British in the 1700's.

Also,not everybody that came what is now America on a ship flying the English flag was English. There were Scotsmen,Irish,Gypsies,Jews,Frenchmen,and all sorts of scoundrels from all over the world.

In FACT,the first slaveholder in the English-Speaking New World was a black man that came here as an indentured servant from one of the English islands in the Caribbean. He came to Jamestown,worked off his debt,and then got his own indentured free black servant,and refused to  free him when his time was up.  He,or his parents,were originally from Africa,not England.

And this ain't even addressing the Spanish parts of what is now America.  The Spanish colony in what is now Florida pre-date Jamestown.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree with you.  What laws do we have that you would regard as dogma now so I can address them?

@Chosen Daughter

When I was growing up,the one that pissed me off the most were the Sunday Blue Laws.

Later,as an adult,I was threatened with arrest in Virginia when I moved in with a woman I wasn't married to . One of the Moral Moron neighbors reported us to the police,and the cops came by to give me a warning.  I either had to get out,get married,or be arrested.

I don't know which,if any I would be violating today,and at my age I don't really give a damn. I'm going to continue breaking them.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Chosen Daughter

When I was growing up,the one that pissed me off the most were the Sunday Blue Laws.

Later,as an adult,I was threatened with arrest in Virginia when I moved in with a woman I wasn't married to . One of the Moral Moron neighbors reported us to the police,and the cops came by to give me a warning.  I either had to get out,get married,or be arrested.

I don't know which,if any I would be violating today,and at my age I don't really give a damn. I'm going to continue breaking them.

Blue laws!! This wasn't that long ago in Irving.  My route home from Church passed a Minyards and so many times I would be embarrassed because it was about ll:45 and I would try to buy a six pack of beer and was told I couldn't until noon.  Did that make any sense??
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't claim to know what makes Flake tick, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't eventually learn that Jeff Flake has really horrible criminal skeletons in his closet--and is thus desperate to get Trump removed ASAP for the same reasons that so many Dems and RINOs are so desperate.  (Remember:  Flake is tied to McCain, and McCain is amazingly dirty.)

Flake's self-righteous rhetoric reminds me of Comey and Strzok and Brennan.  (Only a complete fool can believe any of these guys are Heroes of the Constitutional Republic.)     

Yes, major RINO , like those other RINO'S you listed.  ALL "GANG OF EIGHT", supporting illegals  in our country.

Flake is leaving congress, but still wants to do as much damage as he can.  Flake,, PERFECT NAME FOR HIM.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Blue laws!! This wasn't that long ago in Irving.  My route home from Church passed a Minyards and so many times I would be embarrassed because it was about ll:45 and I would try to buy a six pack of beer and was told I couldn't until noon.  Did that make any sense??

When I lived in TX in 1980, I lived in a dry county.  It never occurred to me to blame a church for it, I blamed the owners of the liquor stores in Coffee City.  They lived in the same city I did and were buddies with the County Supervisors.  Stupid me, huh?
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes, major RINO , like those other RINO'S you listed.  ALL "GANG OF EIGHT", supporting illegals  in our country.

Flake is leaving congress, but still wants to do as much damage as he can.  Flake,, PERFECT NAME FOR HIM.

I don't like "Gangs of ANYTHING" in the Senate.  They are designed to buck the will of the people.  And yes, all four Pubbies in that particular gang were all RINOS, the Dems were consistent in their desire to ruin the country.  Flake's participation in that one really pissed me off, because it was a direct betrayal of the very people who had just voted for him a couple months earlier.

One of them has an Atomic Kitten for an Avatar.  (When are you getting an Avatar?)
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

Not really. For example,some of MY ancestors were already here,and already swapping atrocities with the British in the 1700's.

Also,not everybody that came what is now America on a ship flying the English flag was English. There were Scotsmen,Irish,Gypsies,Jews,Frenchmen,and all sorts of scoundrels from all over the world.

In FACT,the first slaveholder in the English-Speaking New World was a black man that came here as an indentured servant from one of the English islands in the Caribbean. He came to Jamestown,worked off his debt,and then got his own indentured free black servant,and refused to  free him when his time was up.  He,or his parents,were originally from Africa,not England.

And this ain't even addressing the Spanish parts of what is now America.  The Spanish colony in what is now Florida pre-date Jamestown.

There is plenty to learn of history beyond standard school books.

Relatively small numbers of African slaves were taken to the American colonies, comared to far more going to South America and, Central America, Mexico and  the Caribbean.

I have DNA from "Iberian and Mediterranean" sources, not tied to any known paper trail ancestor in genealogy records.

I believe a significant racial contributor in Britain comes from Spain/France and Celtic migration, plus some from Roman days.
p

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Relatively small numbers of African slaves were taken to the American colonies, comared to far more going to South America and, Central America, Mexico and  the Caribbean.

I have no idea what the starting date and the cutoff date were,but none of the first blacks to come to the BRITISH parts of the New World were slave. They were free men who came here as indentured servants,and the idea was they worked and paid off the expense of getting them here and feeding and housing them while they worked off their debt. This later changed after Johnson went to court to keep from having to release his indentured servant.

I used to know,but forgot the time frames when slavery was banned in England,and in the English colonies. Which is kind of ironic because the English working class were little more than slaves right up to the early 1920's. The key word here being "virtual",of course.

I have DNA from "Iberian and Mediterranean" sources, not tied to any known paper trail ancestor in genealogy records.

That's no surprise. Records weren't all that well kept back then,and most people couldn't read or write.

I believe a significant racial contributor in Britain comes from Spain/France and Celtic migration, plus some from Roman days.

I do,too. There were also gypsies in the mix. Being a seafaring nation,I'm guessing you could run across pretty much anything along the waterfront,including Indians from India,and Chinese.

Offline truth_seeker

I have no idea what the starting date and the cutoff date were,but none of the first blacks to come to the BRITISH parts of the New World were slave. They were free men who came here as indentured servants,and the idea was they worked and paid off the expense of getting them here and feeding and housing them while they worked off their debt. This later changed after Johnson went to court to keep from having to release his indentured servant.

I used to know,but forgot the time frames when slavery was banned in England,and in the English colonies. Which is kind of ironic because the English working class were little more than slaves right up to the early 1920's. The key word here being "virtual",of course.

That's no surprise. Records weren't all that well kept back then,and most people couldn't read or write.

I do,too. There were also gypsies in the mix. Being a seafaring nation,I'm guessing you could run across pretty much anything along the waterfront,including Indians from India,and Chinese.

Quite a lot of white colonial era people, were "indentured." Town records, would record when an individual became a freed man. Like recording a contract, as being completely fulfilled and filing it with a civic recording officer.

I think I have colonial ancestors of that status. 

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Jeff Flake voted for this:

She traded in her pantsuits for a Mumu!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Jeff Flake voted for this:

She traded in her pantsuits for a Mumu!
What an adorable ensemble. You can't tell, but she's wearing white pants underneath, along with those slip-on tennies. Style BAM!
She's probably also hiding a refugee family in that tent, because she has a heart of gold, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What an adorable ensemble. You can't tell, but she's wearing white pants underneath, along with those slip-on tennies. Style BAM!
She's probably also hiding a refugee family in that tent, because she has a heart of gold, dontcha know.

I was wondering what that protrusion was on her thigh.  It it is either a small child or a fatfold.  During sex Bubba could just slap that thing, jump on and ride the wave in to the promised land!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Quite a lot of white colonial era people, were "indentured." Town records, would record when an individual became a freed man. Like recording a contract, as being completely fulfilled and filing it with a civic recording officer.

I think I have colonial ancestors of that status.

@truth_seeker

Yup! A really good deal for them because they got to leave the grinding poverty and hopelessness of England and it's rigid caste system,and come to a new country where they could hope to own land,be able to feed themselves,and even make money and a future for their children.

For the most part,if you were born into poverty in Europe in the 1700's or 1800's,you spent your entire short life living in poverty. The class system was pretty rigid and education and training in skilled trades were saved for the children of those who already Guild members.