Author Topic: Jeff Flake takes to Senate floor to suggest Trump committed TREASON by giving 'aid and comfort' to '  (Read 8395 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sous-vide is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and then placed in a water bath or steam environment for longer than normal cooking times at an accurately regulated temperature.

Okay then.  Bet that makes for some mighty taste vittles.

Sure does.  Steaks are easy-peasy to get cooked to the right "doneness."  No chance of overcooking.  I once made a Chuck Roast...cooked it for 36 hours, and it was as tender as a steak.

We made chicken breasts with it last night...they're awesome.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sure does.  Steaks are easy-peasy to get cooked to the right "doneness."  No chance of overcooking.  I once made a Chuck Roast...cooked it for 36 hours, and it was as tender as a steak.

We made chicken breasts with it last night...they're awesome.

Your post made me think about digging out my Ronco "Set it and forget it" Showtime Rotisserie!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Your post made me think about digging out my Ronco "Set it and forget it" Showtime Rotisserie!

We have a really big rotisserie.  I can cook a 17lb turkey in there...if I have the patience!  I've done Prime Rib in it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@truth_seeker

And THAT was correct for a conservative POV. It recognizes personal freedoms,whereas the Bible-Thumpers want us all to be slaves to their God,and to dictate to us how to live. There IS no freedom in a country dominated by religion,only slaves and masters.

Thus where you are so wrong.  The Founding Fathers of many different denominations recognized one truth in Christ.  Liberty.

I challenge you to find one example in the New Testament where Christ forces himself on anyone.  Yes our government was founded on that truth that all men are created equal and with Liberty, and freedom.

I have been reading your replies.  Your whole premise about God is he is a God of wrath and hell.  Hell is a life without God.  It is living in darkness with no relationship with a loving Father in Heaven 

I am a person who recently has had Cancer.  I am so grateful for my faith in God.  Faith isn't about death it is about life.  A life in Christ is about strength.  A strength to live, and to do it with strength.  Not a strength that comes from myself but a strength from God. 

And the stupidity of people who argue the Bible is that it isn't meant for you if you choose not to believe.  Simply don't worry about it.  Why are you so concerned about hell if you don't believe in it?

Our government doesn't force God on anyone either.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:10:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We have a really big rotisserie.  I can cook a 17lb turkey in there...if I have the patience!  I've done Prime Rib in it.

I know.  Who has time for all that when you can just drop (a mostly thawed)  bird into a vat of boiling cooking oil and let the overflow flame on and burn your porch or deck down!   

Rotisserie cooking takes skills.

Offline dfwgator

The fallacy many on the Left believe is that Western Civilization is Christianity.   So adhering to concepts of Western Civilization is 'forcing Christianity down peoples' throats'.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The fallacy many on the Left believe is that Western Civilization is Christianity.   So adhering to concepts of Western Civilization is 'forcing Christianity down peoples' throats'.

Well without question the principles are based on Christianity.  Exactly why it isn't forced down people's throats.  I will be interested to see if anyone can find a scripture in the New Testament where Jesus forces himself on anyone.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Well without question the principles are based on Christianity.  Exactly why it isn't forced down people's throats.  I will be interested to see if anyone can find a scripture in the New Testament where Jesus forces himself on anyone.

I do believe this Nation was founded on basic concepts of Western Civilization,  the Founding Fathers were made up of Christians and Deists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I will be interested to see if anyone can find a scripture in the New Testament where Jesus forces himself on anyone.

We live in a time when if you do not accept groupthink/PC - and consider certain behaviors sinful and refuse to acknowledge or engage in promoting them as wholesome and good, then you are 'forcing your religion down everyone's throat'.  That you do not think as the majority do about moral issues - means you are insidiously tyrannical and judgmental and want a theocracy - simply because you are not going to bend your faith to please the mob.

We now exist at a time when everyone must walk in lockstep with everyone else's political beliefs and ideas - whether Left or Right or Secular or Christian - "You are with us or against us" is where we have arrived as a culture.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod1

A gentle reminder, dear members, that this forum's owner has asked us not to engage in religious debates. Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
A gentle reminder, dear members, that this forum's owner has asked us not to engage in religious debates. Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Absolutely.  Now, where were we with the zombies?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

I can discuss Werewolves too if you like..   

Online mountaineer

Heck, I was about to steer someone to a "sous vide" Facebook page.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's.

Offline Wingnut

I saw a werewolf drinking a piña colada at Trader Vic's.

How was his hair?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Imagine ghosts, gods and devils.

Imagine hells and heavens, cities floating in the sky and cities sunken in the sea

Unicorns and centaurs. Witches, warlocks, jinns and banshees.

Angels and harpies. Charms and incantations. Elementals, farmiliars, demons.

Easy to imagine all of those things: mankind has been imagining them for thousands of years.

Imagine spaceships and the future.

Easy to imagine; the future is really coming and there'll be spaceships in it.

Is there then anything that's really hard to imagine?

Of course there is.

Imagine a piece of matter and yourself inside it, yourself, aware, thinking and therefore knowing you exist, able to move that piece of matter that you're in," to make it sleep or wake, make love or walk uphill.

Imagine a universe-infinite or not, as you wish to picture it- with a billion, billion, billion suns in it.

Imagine a blob of mud whirling madly around one of those suns.

Imagine yourself standing on that blob of mud, whirling with it, whirling through time and space to an unknown destination.

Imagine!

Written by Fredric Brown, 1955
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

Thank God you didn't quote Lennon's "Imagine".

:beer:

Offline Chosen Daughter

We live in a time when if you do not accept groupthink/PC - and consider certain behaviors sinful and refuse to acknowledge or engage in promoting them as wholesome and good, then you are 'forcing your religion down everyone's throat'.  That you do not think as the majority do about moral issues - means you are insidiously tyrannical and judgmental and want a theocracy - simply because you are not going to bend your faith to please the mob.

We now exist at a time when everyone must walk in lockstep with everyone else's political beliefs and ideas - whether Left or Right or Secular or Christian - "You are with us or against us" is where we have arrived as a culture.

Which is not consistent with liberty.  What you say is true.  Group think is out of control.  That isn't liberty.  That is secular forcing all people to conform with their own idea of life.  In order to finalize the Social programming God would have to go away.  That is the reason they continue.  Because they don't want to "co-exist".  They want to dictate what you can and can't believe.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We're slow-cooking them in a Sous Vide vat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Heck, I was about to steer someone to a "sous vide" Facebook page.  :pondering:

I'm a member of a couple of those.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

I'm a member of a couple of those.
A friend of mine administers a FB sous vide page. She added me to the group, but I really have no intention of using a sous vide, so I pretty much ignore the posts.  ^-^

Sorry, we were supposed to get back on topic, so my comment is that Flake is a poopypants.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:54:09 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Where is the appropriate place, for almost hourly rhetorical claims of "You are wicked sinners, but I'm not?

There could be found emojis

-- Pearls clutched
-- Virtues signaled
-- Peacock morality feathers displayed
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

How was his hair?

Perfect.

Derp.

(since no one else answered)

Offline the_doc

@Chosen Daughter
@sneakypete

Thus where you are so wrong.  The Founding Fathers of many different denominations recognized one truth in Christ.  Liberty.

I challenge you to find one example in the New Testament where Christ forces himself on anyone.  Yes our government was founded on that truth that all men are created equal and with Liberty, and freedom.

I have been reading your replies.  Your whole premise about God is he is a God of wrath and hell.  Hell is a life without God.  It is living in darkness with no relationship with a loving Father in Heaven 

I am a person who recently has had Cancer.  I am so grateful for my faith in God.  Faith isn't about death it is about life.  A life in Christ is about strength.  A strength to live, and to do it with strength.  Not a strength that comes from myself but a strength from God. 

And the stupidity of people who argue the Bible is that it isn't meant for you if you choose not to believe.  Simply don't worry about it.  Why are you so concerned about hell if you don't believe in it?

Our government doesn't force God on anyone either.

Ditto that.  The overwhelming majority of our Constitution's Framers were devout, conservative Christians.  If my memory of American history serves me correctly, there were 55 delegates to the Convention.  Of these (again, quoting stats from memory), only a handful considered themselves Deists (maybe 3 or 4?).  The rest were Quakers, Roman Catholics, plus one Jew, and a plethora of Protestants.

Notice that the data suggests that the non-religious or only quasi-religious fellows (the Deists) were outnumbered by the seriously religious fellows to the tune of about 14 to 1, or perhaps even 18 to 1.  It also turns out that one of the very few professed Deists in the Convention was actually Benjamin Franklin himself--who was a lot more religion-minded than most of today's churchgoers.  Franklin was a close friend of the Calvinistic Congregationalist preacher Jonathan Edwards and also an admirer of the Calvinistic Methodist evangelist George Whitefield.

If we were to move Franklin away from the presumably only quasi-religious category (the Deists), then those weakly (?) religious fellows are discovered to have been outnumbered by about 20 to 1.

Next, it is interesting to notice the breakdown of religious views among the seriously religious Framers of our Constitution.   If I remember the biographical sketches that I read several years ago for all of the Framers, there were 3 Quakers, 3 Roman Catholics, and 1 Jew.  All of the rest were devout Protestants--which means that the Protestants dominated the faction of the seriously religious Framers--which seriously religious Framers, in turn, numerically overwhelmed the marginally religious Framers.

The dominance of the Protestants in the Convention cannot be fully appreciated unless we understand that the Protestants of that era were peculiarly strong adherents to the Reformation's position of Sola Scriptura.  (Even the Methodists in the Protestant group [5 or 6 in number, as I recall] were pretty strong Protestants in that era, as presumably also was the only Lutheran in the Protestant mix.)

The main reason for my mention of the Sola Scriptura position that pervaded the underlying views of our Framers is to point out that essentially our entire Constitution was framed based on the Bible itself.  Even during the ratification process, the details of the Constitution's sundry provisions were largely defended by Christian ministers explaining the proposed Constitution using Biblical citations from both the Old and New Testaments.  They preached these defenses of the proposed Constitution in churches and Statehouses throughout the colonies.

A few years later, Benjamin Franklin reportedly delighted to describe our American experiment to the crowned heads of Europe by saying We have founded a nation on the Bible.

Finally, I would point out that the Baptists (a small group in America at the time of the Framing) had an important role in the wording of the First Amendment, specifically lobbying for the provision guaranteeing Freedom of Religion.  It was a Baptist preacher from Massachusetts named Isaac Backus who vigorously argued from the New Testament itself that the Bible rules out State Religion, rules out religious coercion of any sort by any proper government.  Backus regarded any forced religious confession--or any mandated suppression thereof--as an affront to the Gospel.

Thus, even though hostility toward "Bible-Thumpers" is popular in our day--for example, among those who want to read the First Amendment as guaranteeing the haters of the Judeo-Christian God a kind of freedom from religion, a freedom from any sociopolitical vestige of religion--it turns out that our Framers would regard those anti-Judeo-Christian folks as second-rate patriots at best and at worst, political reprobates (like most of the Democrats in our day).

We therefore should not be terribly surprised that the majority of manifestly genuine Christians are Republicans (or have lately re-registered as Constitutionalists or Independents--in view of how crooked our own lying politicos have become).  By the same token, we should not be surprised that a frightfully high percentage of Democrats openly despise our Judeo-Christian Constitution.  They want no part of the God of the Bible.     
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:15:55 pm by the_doc »