Author Topic: Ex-Russian ambassador: I’m ‘shocked’ Trump would turn me over to Putin for questioning  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-Russian ambassador: I’m ‘shocked’ Trump would turn me over to Putin for questioning
By Brett Samuels - 07/19/18 09:23 AM EDT

Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul on Thursday called it "shocking" that the White House would not immediately dismiss Russian President Vladimir Putin's request to interview McFaul and other U.S. citizens as part of criminal investigations.

'This is classic 'whataboutism' by the Russians," McFaul said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" when asked about Putin's comments at a press conference with President Trump on Monday.

"And most shocking, and just lamentable I think is my real reaction, when the White House was given the opportunity to categorically reject this moral equivalency… the White House refused to do that," he continued.

"And I hope somebody asks them another question today and they’ll get it right today. We’ve seen a lot of that lately," he added, taking a jab at multiple instances in recent days where the White House has corrected initial statements from Trump.

Amb. @McFaul reacts to the Trump WH not rejecting Russia’s request to question him pic.twitter.com/1RMzygTSVz
    — Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) July 19, 2018

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/397825-ex-russian-ambassador-im-shocked-trump-would-turn-me-over-to-putin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34