Author Topic: Accused Russian spy Maria Butina offered sex in exchange for US job, prosecutors say  (Read 1289 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The 29-year-old Russian woman accused of covertly working as a foreign agent while living in the United States allegedly offered to have sex with an unnamed individual in return for a job in the United States, prosecutors said Tuesday. 

And that's not all. According to new court filings, Maria Butina allegedly “gained access” to "an extensive network of U.S. persons in positions to influence political activities in the United States" by living with and having a personal relationship with another individual. 
Prosecutors revealed the new allegations against Butina in documents filed Tuesday, as Butina pleaded not guilty and a judge ordered her held without bond in court.

Prosecutors had asked the judge in the case to keep Butina in jail before her trial, arguing she’s a flight risk. 
“Butina is a Russian citizen with no meaningful ties to the United States; she has every reason to flee this prosecution,” U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu wrote in the court document.

According to the documents, Butina was living with a 56-year-old individual described as "U.S. Person 1."

"But this relationship does not represent a strong tie to the United States because Butina appears to treat it as simply a necessary aspect of her activities,” prosecutors wrote, saying the FBI obtained papers where she complained and "expressed disdain" about the individual.

Meanwhile, the prosecutors said Butina offered another individual “sex in exchange for a position within a special interest organization.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/18/accused-russian-spy-maria-butina-offered-sex-in-exchange-for-us-job-prosecutors-say.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Liz on Fox Business was just talking about the "other" red-headed Russian. 

You were ahead of Liz!

888high58888
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"U.S. person number 1" is, I believe, Paul Erickson,  who played a role in Trump's transition team and organized a group of Russian visitors to D.C. in the weeks after Trump's inauguration. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Liz on Fox Business was just talking about the "other" red-headed Russian

You were ahead of Liz!

888high58888

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:01:34 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
A Russian chick asking for sex is a HUGE no-no. Nothing good will come from it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

It’s amazing how guys like this don’t sense a honey trap.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

It’s amazing how guys like this don’t sense a honey trap.

The power of (meow)...makes grown men do some weird stuff sometimes.

Russians have been doing this for decades...I seem to remember some embassy guards in Moscow falling into the same kind of honey pot...as well as a soldier in W. Germany in the 80's that was lured in by a female in the Red Army Faction so they could steal his ID to gain access to a military base.

Offline endicom

Looks to me like an agent of influence: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1080766/download

Or a budding agent of influence. I suspect there are many flowered agents from a variety of countries.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The power of (meow)...makes grown men do some weird stuff sometimes.

Russians have been doing this for decades...I seem to remember some embassy guards in Moscow falling into the same kind of honey pot...as well as a soldier in W. Germany in the 80's that was lured in by a female in the Red Army Faction so they could steal his ID to gain access to a military base.

Yep - Clayton Lonetree, US Marine assigned to the US embassy in Moscow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:29:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

I remember the day that Clayton Lonetree spied....

Offline mountaineer

Isn't she pretty much doing what that NYT reporterette did, except that was sex in exchange for confidential info.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Isn't she pretty much doing what that NYT reporterette did, except that was sex in exchange for confidential info.

Not pretty much!  Exactly the same. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe he'll use the Marion Barry line at his defense.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Liz on Fox Business was just talking about the "other" red-headed Russian. 

You were ahead of Liz!

888high58888

@Slip18

Liz on Fox Business:

Woof!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:44:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Whatever one thinks about Russia or this scandal, the highly paid Russian call girl scenario once again, rears its head and that is highly revolting. It does not mean the government, Kremlin itself is involved but probably I'd say.

But as for the big picture, maybe its small fish really.  Pretty nutty.  I mean, infiltrating gun clubs?  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:14:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I remember the day that Clayton Lonetree spied....

000hehehehe

Offline GrouchoTex