Author Topic: Trump says Russia doesn’t pose threat, contradicting intelligence director  (Read 428 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Russia doesn’t pose threat, contradicting intelligence director
By Jordan Fabian - 07/18/18 12:44 PM EDT

Share to Google+

President Trump on Wednesday said Russia does not pose a threat to the United States, contradicting his director of national intelligence on a critical security issue and deepening a political controversy that began at his summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump, besieged with criticism over his handling of Putin at the summit, for a second day sought to do damage control on the crisis, stating that no one had been tougher than he on Russia.

“There has never been a president as tough on Russia has I have been," Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

The president said his administration is “doing very well” in countering Russia, citing U.S. sanctions on Moscow and the explosion of Russian nationals accused of being spies.

“I think President Putin knows that better than anybody, certainly a lot better than the media. He understands it, and he's not happy about it,” Trump said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397657-trump-never-been-a-president-as-tough-on-russia-has-i-have-been
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Applewood

“There has never been a president as tough on Russia has I have been," Trump told reporters before a Cabinet meeting at the White House.

The president said his administration is “doing very well” in countering Russia, citing U.S. sanctions on Moscow and the explosion of Russian nationals accused of being spies.

He's kidding, right?