Author Topic: Correction: Trump Did Not Absolve Russians of Meddling  (Read 671 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Correction: Trump Did Not Absolve Russians of Meddling
« on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:13 am »
American Thinker, Jul 17, 2018, Tom Trinko

Donald Trump did not say the Russians didn't meddle in the U.S. election.  Remember that when you read heated statements from leftist shills or people like Jeff Flake and John McCain.  The left is in full lie mode, and leftists will say anything while assuming that their audience will never actually hear the truth.

Here's what really happened.  First Trump said: 
During today's meeting, I addressed directly with President Putin the issue of Russian interference in our elections.

I felt this was a message best delivered in person.  I spent a great deal of time talking about it and President Putin may very well want to address it and very strongly, because he feels very strongly about it and he has an interesting idea.

Trump later followed up with this: 
I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people.  I think that's an incredible offer.  OK?

Trump never said the Russians didn't meddle – only that he discussed the issue with Putin and Putin denied it.  Putin appears to be ready to back his claim up by providing Robert Mueller access to the 12 supposed hackers.

Putin could be lying, but nothing Trump said boils down to "the Russians didn't meddle."  Rather, Trump was being diplomatic and didn't directly call Putin a liar.  Remember when the left was saying Trump would be horrible in diplomacy because he would be out of control?  Well, now he uses diplomatic phrasing, and the left is screaming at him for not being more of a bull in the china shop.  It is objectively true that no matter what Trump does, the left will declare it's horrible.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/correction_trump_did_not_absolve_russians_of_meddling.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Correction: Trump Did Not Absolve Russians of Meddling
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:19 am »
Tell your friends the truth; Trump didn't deny Russian interference, but he did question why Hillary's hacked server wasn't investigated.  Trump managed to get Putin to give Mueller access to the 12 Russians, and the very diplomatic phrasing used by Trump is what the left said he was incapable of just a few months ago.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 12:07:57 pm »
American Thinker
TomTrinko
July 17, 2018

Donald Trump did not say the Russians didn't meddle in the U.S. election.  Remember that when you read heated statements from leftist shills or people like Jeff Flake and John McCain.  The left is in full lie mode, and leftists will say anything while assuming that their audience will never actually hear the truth.

During today's meeting, I addressed directly with President Putin the issue of Russian interference in our elections.

I felt this was a message best delivered in person.  I spent a great deal of time talking about it and President Putin may very well want to address it and very strongly, because he feels very strongly about it and he has an interesting idea.

More... https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/correction_trump_did_not_absolve_russians_of_meddling.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:45:24 pm »
He said there was no collusion, which is true (as near as we can tell). The Trump campaign did not collude (i.e., conspire and assist) with Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I doubt Putin really wanted Trump elected, no matter what he said. He wanted ol' Reset Button Hillary, over whom he could run roughshod.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:16:32 pm »
He said there was no collusion, which is true (as near as we can tell). The Trump campaign did not collude (i.e., conspire and assist) with Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I doubt Putin really wanted Trump elected, no matter what he said. He wanted ol' Reset Button Hillary, over whom he could run roughshod.

What if the Russians were sure that Hillary would win? They probably were and were operating from that assurance. If so then the entire affair would have to be assessed from that angle.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:49 pm »
American Thinker, Jul 17, 2018, Tom Trinko

Donald Trump did not say the Russians didn't meddle in the U.S. election.

Trump never said the Russians didn't meddle – only that he discussed the issue with Putin and Putin denied it.

! No longer available

“All I can do is ask the question,” said Trump. “My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me, they said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I’ll say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.” [/b]

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 02:08:30 pm »

Looking forward to Mueller's response to Putin's offer of cooperation in the investigation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:09:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:23 pm »
What if the Russians were sure that Hillary would win? They probably were and were operating from that assurance. If so then the entire affair would have to be assessed from that angle.
I have little doubt the Russians - just like CNN, et al. - were convinced Hillary would win. They all were looking forward to it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 02:19:25 pm »
The media had this angle all ready to go, once they found out about the meeting.  It was clearly a coordinated hit.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:28:38 pm »
Merged two threads citing the same article.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 02:37:19 pm »
SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/correction_trump_did_not_absolve_russians_of_meddling.html

by Tom Trinko

Trump later followed up with this:

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people.  I think that's an incredible offer.  OK?

Trump never said the Russians didn't meddle – only that he discussed the issue with Putin and Putin denied it.  Putin appears to be ready to back his claim up by providing Robert Mueller access to the 12 supposed hackers.

Putin could be lying, but nothing Trump said boils down to "the Russians didn't meddle."  Rather, Trump was being diplomatic and didn't directly call Putin a liar.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Mod1

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:43:40 pm »
Merged another thread on the same article into this one. Please look before posting - it's possible the news or editorial article you want to share already has been posted at the forum.