Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: Trump's Putin press conference 'most serious mistake of his presidency'  (Read 1118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: Trump's Putin press conference 'most serious mistake of his presidency'
by Naomi Lim
 | July 16, 2018 05:50 PM

Newt Gingrich on Monday offered rare, scalding criticism of President Trump, demanding that the president explain the comments he made during his controversial press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the conclusion of their talks in Helsinki.

"President Trump must clarify his statements in Helsinki on our intelligence system and Putin," the former House speaker wrote on Twitter. "It is the most serious mistake of his presidency and must be corrected—-immediately."

Newt Gingrich
✔
@newtgingrich

President Trump must clarify his statements in Helsinki on our intelligence system and Putin. It is the most serious mistake of his presidency and must be corrected—-immediately.
4:15 PM - Jul 16, 2018

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/newt-gingrich-trumps-putin-press-conference-most-serious-mistake-of-his-presidency
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I'm sure Trump will clarify soon with what he really meant to say.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

Give it a little time.

I'm sure Trump's clean up crew is working overtime to come up with a face saving Trumplanation for him...

Its a thankless job with many buses ready to roll...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Give it a little time.

I'm sure Trump's clean up crew is working overtime to come up with a face saving Trumplanation for him...

Well, I watched it and that is a thankless job, but one that should be undertaken before launching criticisms of it.  I saw nothing wrong with what Trump said.  In fact, I agree with him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

Give it a little time.

I’m sure Sarah H Sanders and her team are having a working dinner at The Red Hen tonight.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fantom

I'm sure Trump will clarify soon with what he really meant to say.

Like maybe.....Russia is not Americas enemy. Regressive democrats are.

Pretty sure President Trump has been making that point.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks for your input, Newtie. 

I've seen a lot of people jumping into panic rooms today, and off cliffs.  Knowing what I do about the press, I've been waiting to see what the actual facts are before I start building my bomb shelter.

I refuse to be pushed by either side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The <Let's not> this forum will still continue to insist this is a brilliant 15 dimensional chess move on Trump's part of course...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:17:14 pm by Mod5 »

Offline libertybele

A point that I disagree with.  Liberal DEMS are indeed a threat, but Russia is as well.  I agree with Romney; Russia is a geopolitical foe. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The <Let's not> this forum will still continue to insist this is a brilliant 15 dimensional chess move on Trump's part of course...

This is a little harsh @Weird Tolkienish Figure   I've never heard an NT say anything like this. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:18:05 pm by Mod5 »

Offline jpsb

Trump campaigned on improving relations with Russia. So it should come as no surprise that he is trying to improve relations with Russia.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
But Sean Hannity told us these were all NT'ers. *****rollingeyes*****
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

@Fantom

Lol, not at all...the country that hacked our elections and is led by a KGB agent is our friend.

Offline dfwgator

So what if it fails?

At least Trump is trying something different.   He's not going to give anything away, some people really need to get a grip.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In typical Trump fashion, the press is the problem, not anything he said.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!

9:22 AM - Jul 17, 2018
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

In typical Trump fashion, the press is the problem, not anything he said.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!

9:22 AM - Jul 17, 2018

Trump is right on this. The press knew they had the opportunity to pin Russia on Trump as soon as they found out about this meeting, no matter what Trump did, they were going to spin the "Trump Weak on Russia" mantra.

Offline edpc

Trump is right on this. The press knew they had the opportunity to pin Russia on Trump as soon as they found out about this meeting, no matter what Trump did, they were going to spin the "Trump Weak on Russia" mantra.

No, he’s not.  More people than the ‘fake news’ are being critical.  Some of them are news outlets he supposedly respects or are individuals that support him.  Every brief his own people have ever given him on this became Charmin yesterday.  Inexcusable.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:31:35 pm by edpc »

Offline dfwgator

No, he’s not.  More people than the ‘fake news’ are being critical.  Some of them are news outlets he supposedly respects or are individuals that support him.  Every brief his own people have ever given him on this became Charmin yesterday.  Inexcusable.

That's because they knee-jerked based on the media spin,  you'll see those people start coming around in a few days.

Silver Pines

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mark Levin objected to airing out one's dirty laundry overseas. In reality, except for that, this really isn't a big deal. Criticism as aimed at Obama during that term. Just political football.

Offline dfwgator

Mark Levin objected to airing out one's dirty laundry overseas. In reality, except for that, this really isn't a big deal. Criticism as aimed at Obama during that term. Just political football.

That's what the press does when a non-Democrat is in the White House, make mountains out of molehills.

Offline edpc

That's because they knee-jerked based on the media spin, you'll see those people start coming around in a few days.

Some of them saw the event as the debacle it was and have no illusions about Putin or Russia’s intentions.

"U.S.–Russia relations remain at a historic low for one simple reason: Vladimir Putin is a committed adversary of the United States," Cotton said. "In the last few years alone, Russia meddled in our presidential campaign, violated arms-control treaties with the United States, invaded Ukraine, assassinated political opponents in the United Kingdom, made common cause with Iran in propping up Bashar al-Assad’s outlaw regime in Syria, and cheated not only in the Olympics, but even in the Paralympics. These are not the actions of a friend, an ally, or merely a nation with aligned interests."

"Until Russian behavior changes, our policy should not change. The United States should stay on the strategic offensive against Russia by maintaining sanctions, rebuilding our military, modernizing our nuclear forces, expanding missile defenses, sending more weapons to our allies, and producing more oil and gas. Strength is the one language for which Vladimir Putin needs no interpreter," Cotton continued.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/cotton-slams-russia-following-helsinki-summit-putin-committed-adversary-united-states/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I do have to disagree though with Newt, this isn't his most serious mistake.

It pales in comparison to the Woodrow Wilson-esque tariffs and central planning/engineering of private business or his praising and giving relevance to North Korea.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I do have to disagree though with Newt, this isn't his most serious mistake.

It pales in comparison to the Woodrow Wilson-esque tariffs and central planning/engineering of private business or his praising and giving relevance to North Korea.

I'm still partial to the 3 trillion in deficit spending Trump signed approval of as his number one 'serious mistake'.

But if we are counting moronic statements also - his stupid remark about North Korea no longer being a Nuclear Threat has to be tops.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775