Author Topic: Cuban Doctors Revolt: ‘You Get Tired of Being a Slave’  (Read 440 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a rare act of collective defiance, scores of Cuban doctors working overseas to make money for their families and their country are suing to break ranks with the Cuban government, demanding to be released from what one judge called a “form of slave labor.”
Thousands of Cuban doctors work abroad under contracts with the Cuban authorities. Countries like Brazil pay the island’s Communist government millions of dollars every month to provide the medical services, effectively making the doctors Cuba’s most valuable export......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/world/americas/brazil-cuban-doctors-revolt.html

Offline Suppressed

Re: Cuban Doctors Revolt: ‘You Get Tired of Being a Slave’
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:05:44 pm »
There's always used-car sales...

! No longer available
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:24:59 pm »
Drop the stethoscope and grab a rifle, then.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:40:46 am »
Hmmmm.....
Lemmmeeeesseeeee here....

Cuban doctor, check.
In Brazil, check.
If the doctor is fed up with how Cuba is treating him, why not go to the U.S. Embassy and ask for political asylum?
Can that still be done?

I'm generally against all "asylum", but we need more doctors here. Perhaps the Cuban ones have talent to offer...?