Author Topic: Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'  (Read 3462 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'
« on: July 16, 2018, 06:43:55 pm »
Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'
by Susan Ferrechio
 | July 16, 2018 01:48 PM

Speaker Paul Ryan scolded President Trump on Monday following his heavily criticized press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin by warning that “the president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally.”

Ryan, R-Wis., did not criticize Trump as directly as some Republican lawmakers who blasted Trump for partly blaming the United States for the deteriorated relationship between the two nations. But Ryan made it clear that Russia's own actions are the problem after Trump was also critical of U.S. intelligence operations.

“There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals,” Ryan said. “The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Ryan said “there is no question,” Russia interfered in the 2016 election “and continues to undermine democracy here and around the world.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/paul-ryan-scolds-trump-russia-is-not-our-ally
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:47:55 pm »
Oh sod off, Paul.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 06:51:36 pm »
We are back at war with EastAsia
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 06:56:12 pm »
He's right.  And it's a very ugly thing to have the President of the United States throw his own intelligence agencies and the people he put in place to run them under the bus in front of the world and standing next to a former KGB operative that murders Russian political opponents and dissidents on foreign soil.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:56:29 pm »
He's right.  And it's a very ugly thing to have the President of the United States throw his own intelligence agencies and the people he put in place to run them under the bus in front of the world and standing next to a former KGB operative that murders Russian political opponents and dissidents on foreign soil.

Since taking office, Trump has rearranged advisors and personnel.  The people he had leading up to this, Pompeo, Haspel, and Bolton, were his own personal choices.  Pompeo, as CIA Director, had his eyes opened to who Assange, Wikileaks, and Russian intelligence services were.  Bolton was very vocal about Russian interference and what should happen because of it, prior to becoming national security advisor.  Before 9/11, Haspel was deputy chief of Russian operations in Europe.  She has to be very aware of who and what Putin is, since she had a front row seat to his rise after Yeltsin.  Despite these people being in his close orbit, he pulls this stunt?  Inexplicable.

https://www.newsweek.com/john-bolton-heres-what-trumps-new-national-security-advisor-thinks-about-north-858056

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/861371?section=newsfront&keywords=gina-haspel-russia-operations-expertise&year=2018&month=05&date=20&id=861371&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/13/cias-pompeo-rips-wikileaks-as-hostile-intelligence-service-abetted-by-russia.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 07:58:51 pm »

Since taking office, Trump has rearranged advisors and personnel.  The people he had leading up to this, Pompeo, Haspel, and Bolton, were his own personal choices.  Pompeo, as CIA Director, had his eyes opened to who Assange, Wikileaks, and Russian intelligence services were.  Bolton was very vocal about Russian interference and what should happen because of it, prior to becoming national security advisor.  Before 9/11, Haspel was deputy chief of Russian operations in Europe.  She has to be very aware of who and what Putin is, since she had a front row seat to his rise after Yeltsin.  Despite these people being in his close orbit, he pulls this stunt?  Inexplicable.

https://www.newsweek.com/john-bolton-heres-what-trumps-new-national-security-advisor-thinks-about-north-858056

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/861371?section=newsfront&keywords=gina-haspel-russia-operations-expertise&year=2018&month=05&date=20&id=861371&aliaspath=%2FManage%2FArticles%2FTemplate-Main&oref=r.search.yahoo.com

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/13/cias-pompeo-rips-wikileaks-as-hostile-intelligence-service-abetted-by-russia.html

@edpc couldn't have said it better myself.  Spot on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 08:01:51 pm »
We are back at war with EastAsia

We've always been at war with EastAsia.  We've never not been at war with EastAsia.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 08:11:47 pm »

Seems like Coats didn't particularly care for what he heard, today.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »

Can't say as I blame him either.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 08:40:45 pm »
Can't say as I blame him either.

Asked what he would tell Putin, face to face, Coats said, “My message would be, We know what you’re doing, and we know you know what you’re doing and what we’re doing. If your goal is to strengthen Russia in the proper way, we can cooperate with you. But if you want to stay in this tit-for-tat, we’re going to beat you.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-warning-lights-are-blinking-red-again/

I'd like to think this message was delivered in the one-on-one, but confidence is low.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 08:47:50 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:30 pm »

Pretty good.  Is that the latest from the KOS boys?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »

How many lives have these aszholes cost the world with fun lies like "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "Arab Spring"?

Come back to me when these intelligence geniuses start getting things right.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 09:12:53 pm »
Pretty good.  Is that the latest from the KOS boys?

For me truth is not dependent on who says it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 09:16:59 pm »

Asked what he would tell Putin, face to face, Coats said, “My message would be, We know what you’re doing, and we know you know what you’re doing and what we’re doing. If your goal is to strengthen Russia in the proper way, we can cooperate with you. But if you want to stay in this tit-for-tat, we’re going to beat you.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-warning-lights-are-blinking-red-again/

I'd like to think this message was delivered in the one-on-one, but confidence is low.

That’s the message Trump should have conveyed both publicly as well as privately.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:03 pm »
How many lives have these aszholes cost the world with fun lies like "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "Arab Spring"?

Come back to me when these intelligence geniuses start getting things right.

"The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, in coordination with international partners, have detected Russian government actors targeting government and businesses in the energy, nuclear, water, aviation and critical manufacturing sectors," Coats said.

When they pull some variation of Stuxnet on the power grid, we'll make sure to yell out the window, very loudly.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 09:30:15 pm »
That’s the message Trump should have conveyed both publicly as well as privately.

Why? What does it matter? Our entire intelligence world claims they knew about Russian interference with the election and didn't do a GD thing about it. The Rat party was "hacked" using phishing scams that barefoot Africans in huts pull on old ladies and these morons couldn't stop it. Russia is a basket case country that has the economy the size of NY state and serious food production issues and a dying population and they beat us with a phishing scam.

These intelligence people you are spinning off the rails pimping for today are proven and unequivocal losers. We have tangible evidence stacked to the ceiling for that. Really think we should tell them we will win when we can't get out of our own way now?

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 09:37:52 pm »
These intelligence people you are spinning off the rails pimping for today are proven and unequivocal losers. We have tangible evidence stacked to the ceiling for that. Really think we should tell them we will win when we can't get out of our own way now?

That's comforting as hell, considering Haspel, Pompeo, Coats, and Bolton are all handpicked Trump choices.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 09:42:45 pm »

That's comforting as hell, considering Haspel, Pompeo, Coats, and Bolton are all handpicked Trump choices.

All three of them thrown under the bus by people here that would have criticized Obama for the same thing.

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:23 pm »
All three of them thrown under the bus by people here that would have criticized Obama for the same thing.

All in is all in... They're all in to the bitter end...

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 09:50:33 pm »

Abby Huntsman

@HuntsmanAbby

No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.
11:40 AM · Jul 16, 2018

Cavuto said Trump “is essentially letting the guy get away with this and not even offering a mild criticism. That sets us back a lot.”

Coming directly out of the press conference, anchor Bill Hemmer, sounding perplexed, called the event “a fascinating 40 minutes,” before kicking it to equally baffled anchor Bret Baier, who said, “That was quite something. Almost surreal as the president was litigating the election of 2016.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/trump-putin-fox-news-724372

Can't be good if the Fox News crowd is saying WTF to what they saw.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 09:51:17 pm »

Is anyone here interested in whether Clinton indeed did receive 400 million in laundered Russian money?

No?

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 09:57:02 pm »
Is anyone here interested in whether Clinton indeed did receive 400 million in laundered Russian money?

No?

Yes, but considering that tidbit came straight from the mouth of a former KGB colonel, who would like nothing better than to sow discord into the American political system, I think there's a more than a grain or two of NaCl to be taken.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:01:54 pm by edpc »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 09:58:36 pm »
We've always been at war with EastAsia.  We've never not been at war with EastAsia.

Just don’t get involved in land wars in Asia!   :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 09:58:37 pm »

No?

Same with interest in actually getting to the bottom of what went on with all this!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien