Author Topic: Establishment GOP donors in Tennessee resisting Marsha Blackburn's Senate campaign  (Read 326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Establishment GOP donors in Tennessee resisting Marsha Blackburn's Senate campaign
by David M. Drucker
 | July 14, 2018 12:00 AM

Rep. Marsha Blackburn is meeting resistance from wealthy Republican donors in Tennessee, an establishment-oriented crowd more comfortable with former Gov. Phil Bredesen, the conservative firebrand’s Democratic opponent in the state’s competitive, closely watched Senate race.

Republican financiers, titans of industry in Tennessee, are still gloomy about the retirement of Sen. Bob Corker, a conservative pragmatist. Many are sitting on their wallets as the crucial, 100-day mark to the midterm elections approaches. After a lifetime raising millions of dollars for GOP causes and candidates, some are even donating to Bredesen, whom they view as a centrist who will buck Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.

“He’s been somebody who is not partisan who gets things done. That appeals to me and to many other Republicans. We want somebody who is not an ideologue and not going to be partisan,” Tom Cigarran, a veteran GOP donor in Nashville, told the Washington Examiner Friday in a telephone interview. “Marsha Blackburn just isn’t that. She does not have a record of doing anything other than being a partisan ideologue.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/marsha-blackburn-struggling-to-connect-with-establishment-gop-donors-in-tennessee
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone surprised?  If so why?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

Anyone surprised?  If so why?

Corker is a "conservative pragmatist?" So that's how we define someone who speaks one way, and acts in another way. I realize politics can't be a black/white deal, but he's been right there as the can has been kicked down the road on things like the federal debt.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.