Author Topic: Democrat: 'I regret’ telling Peter Strzok he deserves Purple Heart  (Read 528 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat: 'I regret’ telling Peter Strzok he deserves Purple Heart
by Caitlin Yilek
 | July 13, 2018 04:52 PM

Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., said he regrets telling FBI agent Peter Strzok in Thursday’s House Judiciary and House Oversight committee hearing that he deserves a Purple Heart medal for his testimony.

“I said something at the hearings yesterday about Purple Hearts which another network that is named for a four-legged animal has been making a big deal about,” Cohen told CNN, referring to criticism from Fox News.

“I regret using the term ‘Purple Heart,’” he continued. “I used it metaphorically, not literally. I never literally thought the Purple Heart should be given to agent Strzok. But I do believe that he was being attacked because the FBI and the Mueller investigation were under attack.”

The Purple Heart is given to U.S. service members who are wounded or killed in combat.

Cohen opened his questioning of Strzok by telling him, “If I could give you a Purple Heart, I would. You deserve one.”

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., called the suggestion “an insult” to the service members who earned the recognition.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrat-i-regret-telling-peter-strzok-he-deserves-purple-heart
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I bet Cohen regrets his foolish statement. Too bad.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Good. Means he’s worried about his constituents being upset with his conflating this cuckolding POS with actual war heroes.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Hahaha, he screwed up and got slapped for it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I bet Cohen regrets his foolish statement. Too bad.

He only regrets it because he's getting some flak for it ... some from wounded veterans, genuine Purple Heart recipients.

I heard him say it ... he was passionate about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He only regrets it because he's getting some flak for it ... some from wounded veterans, genuine Purple Heart recipients.

I heard him say it ... he was passionate about it.

I saw it. He meant it and he said it. Now he lives with it.
Principles matter. Words matter.