Author Topic: Trump blows up Theresa May’s party in his honor  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blows up Theresa May’s party in his honor
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:53:14 pm »

Trump blows up Theresa May’s party in his honor

UK rolls out red carpet, US president says Boris Johnson would ‘make a great prime minister.’

By Jack Blanchard   

7/12/18, 11:45 PM CET

Updated 7/13/18, 2:14 PM CET

WOODSTOCK, England — That’s one way to break up a special relationship.

On his first official visit to Britain as the U.S. president, Donald Trump warned in an interview that Theresa May’s new Brexit strategy will “kill” any future trade deal with the U.S., backed her rival Boris Johnson for prime minister, accused the mayor of London of being weak on terrorism and said the whole of Europe is “losing its culture” due to mass immigration.

Trump’s caustic remarks to the Sun dropped online partway through a grandiose gala dinner at Blenheim Palace, which May had thrown on Thursday in the president’s honor. Things started badly. Trump arrived late, leaving the prime minister and her husband standing alone in front of the palace in silence for six full minutes before he finally rolled up.

As May, her husband Philip, her most senior Downing Street aides and half the Cabinet sat in black tie and ball gowns, just after the PM had delivered a big speech to Trump, his wife Melania and scores of U.K. business leaders on her proud hopes for Anglo-American trade, the Sun’s Tom Newton Dunn started tweeting out the top lines from the interview.

Trump said May had ignored his advice on how to negotiate Brexit and “went the opposite way” instead. “I would have done it much differently,” Trump told the Sun. “I actually told Theresa May how to do it, but she didn’t agree, didn’t listen to me.”

more
https://www.politico.eu/article/trump-warns-mays-brexit-plan-will-kill-trade-deal-with-us/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34