Author Topic: Ryan expects bill on tax fixes to come after midterms  (Read 594 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Ryan expects bill on tax fixes to come after midterms
« on: July 12, 2018, 09:56:42 pm »
Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday that he expects lawmakers to release a bill to make fixes to the new tax law following November's midterm elections.

At an event hosted by the Economic Club of Washington, Ryan said glitches were bound to occur because the law made significant changes to the tax code, including to the international tax system.

"We're compiling those issues, typically on the international side, and then we intend to put together a technical correction bill at the end of the year," Ryan said.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/396780-ryan-expects-bill-on-tax-fixes-to-come-out-at-the-end-of-the-year
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: Ryan expects bill on tax fixes to come after midterms
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:14 pm »
The one major bill they managed to pass and I couldn’t even do that right. And now, they’ll be scrambling to fix it, before some of them are out of Congress.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:33:44 pm »
A "technical correction" bill after the mid terms?  What exactly does that entail?  So... the tax cut will appear to be a good thing to get votes, but after the mid terms, then they are going to adjust things back to how they want them to be?

I thought I heard rumor that Ryan was out the door?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 11:41:38 pm »
A "technical correction" bill after the mid terms?  What exactly does that entail?  So... the tax cut will appear to be a good thing to get votes, but after the mid terms, then they are going to adjust things back to how they want them to be?

I thought I heard rumor that Ryan was out the door?

Ryan is leaving, but they need to fix the errors in the bill, so people can file their 2018 taxes properly next year. They rushed it through to get it signed in 2017.  It has errors that cause problems for businesses and individuals.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/24/gops-tax-reform-law-is-full-of-typos-errors-experts/

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 11:49:17 pm »

Ryan is leaving, but they need to fix the errors in the bill, so people can file their 2018 taxes properly next year. They rushed it through to get it signed in 2017.  It has errors that cause problems for businesses and individuals.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/24/gops-tax-reform-law-is-full-of-typos-errors-experts/

I'm skeptical of what's going to be in the "technical corrections" bill.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 12:02:57 am »
I'm skeptical of what's going to be in the "technical corrections" bill.

Generally, they are only done to correct problems in a bill and do not change the substance. Now they will be under time constraints with holiday recess to get it done.  Also, the Democrats are not going to be anxious to help them, since they will be either emboldened about taking control of the House or bitter about losing the opportunity.