Author Topic: What You Need to Know About Chronic Pain Syndrome  (Read 446 times)

rangerrebew

What You Need to Know About Chronic Pain Syndrome
« on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:42 pm »

By Elizabeth Michaelson
Reviewed by QualityHealth's Medical Advisory Board

An estimated 100 million Americans live with chronic pain. Perhaps you are prone to headaches, never fully recovered from an old back injury, or are dealing with arthritis or an autoimmune disorder. Alternatively, maybe your chronic pain doesn't result from a particular injury or condition.

Either way, you're likely familiar with the effects—the aches, soreness, and frustration—of this all-too-common problem.

Luckily, there are many treatments that can relieve chronic pain (generally defined as pain that persists for more than three to six months). However, according to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, about one quarter of chronic pain patients are seriously impaired: They have trouble functioning physically and/or emotionally, and their quality of life suffers. This is chronic pain syndrome (CPS).

https://www.qualityhealth.com/pain-articles/what-you-need-know-about-chronic-pain-syndrome

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: What You Need to Know About Chronic Pain Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:58 pm »
Hey, I have CPS.
Countdown to Resignation

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: What You Need to Know About Chronic Pain Syndrome
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:33 pm »

By Elizabeth Michaelson
Reviewed by QualityHealth's Medical Advisory Board

An estimated 100 million Americans live with chronic pain. Perhaps you are prone to headaches, never fully recovered from an old back injury, or are dealing with arthritis or an autoimmune disorder. Alternatively, maybe your chronic pain doesn't result from a particular injury or condition.

Either way, you're likely familiar with the effects—the aches, soreness, and frustration—of this all-too-common problem.

Luckily, there are many treatments that can relieve chronic pain (generally defined as pain that persists for more than three to six months). However, according to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, about one quarter of chronic pain patients are seriously impaired: They have trouble functioning physically and/or emotionally, and their quality of life suffers. This is chronic pain syndrome (CPS).

https://www.qualityhealth.com/pain-articles/what-you-need-know-about-chronic-pain-syndrome
I guess I qualify than, 38 years is more than 6 months.