Author Topic: Tomi Lahren: Conservatives Who Go After Roe “Might as Well Spit on the Constitution”  (Read 13143 times)

Oceander

Insists prolifers want to turn women into The Handmaid’s Tale. Calls women incubators.

It is only the anti-abortionists who see women as incubators to be forced to bear children.  Those of us who are sticking up for the dignity and respect of a woman’s fundamental right to decide what gets done with her body are the ones showing respect. 

Offline the_doc

More drivel and nonsense.  You can bandy the word “murder” around all you want, but it doesn’t cut it, because all sorts of killing of one human by another is routinely not only permitted, but celebrated. 

Shoot an innocent kid by accident because you thought you were defending yourself, and you don’t get charged with murder, for example.

Thanks for your facetious way of framing the controversy between my TBR friend Jazzhead and me in my Post #210.  (LOL)

On a more serious note, I use the word "murder" precisely because it is POLITICALLY INCORRECT for describing practically all abortions but otherwise COMPLETELY CORRECT for describing practically all abortions. 

The pro-abortion crowd and the fence-sitters ought to watch the video "Silent Scream."  Watching an ultrasound video of a baby being aborted is a good reason for using inflammatory language.   (No laughing matter for us at this point.)

Offline musiclady

It is only the anti-abortionists who see women as incubators to be forced to bear children.  Those of us who are sticking up for the dignity and respect of a woman’s fundamental right to decide what gets done with her body are the ones showing respect.

Except that SCIENTIFICALLY, it is not her body.

Why does the truth not matter to you?

You are belittling women with your arguments, and yet you persist in the fantasy that you are 'sticking up' for our dignity.

What a joke.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

While I always agree with you @Sighlass , you are doing mindless animals an injustice... As a rule, they have their babies and care for them.

Point taken, you are right.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Oceander

Except that SCIENTIFICALLY, it is not her body.

Why does the truth not matter to you?

You are belittling women with your arguments, and yet you persist in the fantasy that you are 'sticking up' for our dignity.

What a joke.

A woman’s body is not her own?  To whom does it belong?  Her father?  Her husband?  What about live-in boyfriends?  The government?  If her own body doesn’t belong to her, to whom does it belong?

Offline Sighlass

Her body decided to support another life. It is her heart that decided differently.

"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Oceander

Thanks for your facetious way of framing the controversy between my TBR friend Jazzhead and me in my Post #210.  (LOL)

On a more serious note, I use the word "murder" precisely because it is POLITICALLY INCORRECT for describing practically all abortions but otherwise COMPLETELY CORRECT for describing practically all abortions. 

The pro-abortion crowd and the fence-sitters ought to watch the video "Silent Scream."  Watching an ultrasound video of a baby being aborted is a good reason for using inflammatory language.   (No laughing matter for us at this point.)

Yes, you use the word “murder” the way that other liberals use the word “racism”: as a means of cutting off all discussion and asserting your own virtuousness. 

Offline goodwithagun

Me debase women?  I’m not the one who thinks that motherhood should be forced onto an unwilling woman by the government, through use of force if necessary.  That is the real debasement here.

Not going to explain how this is wrong. Many others here have already done this on the thread. Restating it obviously won’t matter  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

Females are born with all of their eggs. That means when I was pregnant with my daughters, I was carrying part of my future grandchildren. How freaking amazing is that!

Stunning, isn't it? How can that be without design?

Oceander

Her body decided to support another life. It is her heart that decided differently.

"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

But she has no control over it. So who does control it?  Her father?  Her husband?  The government?  Is she just borrowing it from one of them when she lives in it?

Offline musiclady

A woman’s body is not her own?  To whom does it belong?  Her father?  Her husband?  What about live-in boyfriends?  The government?  If her own body doesn’t belong to her, to whom does it belong?

The body you advocate destroying and causing great pain in the process, is a separate human being INSIDE a woman's body.

Why do you continue denying what is true?

Why do you continue distorting the argument with leftist false platitudes?

You certainly must realize how badly you are losing this argument, don't you?

Probably best for you to bow out to avoid further embarrassment.

(btw, unless you once had a uterus and ovaries filled with eggs, you were NEVER your mother's body.  Oy  *****rollingeyes*****).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Oceander

Not going to explain how this is wrong. Many others here have already done this on the thread. Restating it obviously won’t matter  **nononono*

That’s because it’s not wrong; you just don’t have the courage, or the honesty, to admit it. 

What you want to do is to force motherhood on women who otherwise do not wish to be mothers.  That is debasing them and treating them as objects, as mere means to an end, and not as an end in themselves.

Online roamer_1

Me debase women?  I’m not the one who thinks that motherhood should be forced onto an unwilling woman

She wasn't forced. She participated in the act voluntarily. That was the point of decision.

Offline goodwithagun

Stunning, isn't it? How can that be without design?

Yep. I bet the Designer is against abortion.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

That’s because it’s not wrong; you just don’t have the courage, or the honesty, to admit it. 

What you want to do is to force motherhood on women who otherwise do not wish to be mothers.  That is debasing them and treating them as objects, as mere means to an end, and not as an end in themselves.

No, it’s been posted over and over. I’d simply be repeating what others have already posted.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline musiclady

But she has no control over it. So who does control it?  Her father?  Her husband?  The government?  Is she just borrowing it from one of them when she lives in it?

:facepalm2:

Killing a separate human being INSIDE her body is not "controlling her own body."  It is destroying someone ELSE's body.

Offline the_doc

The baby ain't part of her body.  It's in her body, and it's attached to her body, and it's dependent on her body.  But it's a separate human being inside her--a separate person whom the woman wants to murder.

There ain't no dignity or respect that should be shown for a "fundamental right" that she doesn't even have.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Shoot an innocent kid by accident because you thought you were defending yourself, and you don’t get charged with murder, for example

Bad example on your part. Over zealous liberals like yourself who hate the 2nd Amenent prosecute cases like what you described all the time.

It's the very reason the NRA and the USCCA provide specific insurance policies for gun owners.

Not to mention it comes in handy when the same gun hating DA's office wants to prosecute legal gun owners for shooting an armed intruder.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:16:30 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

No, it’s been posted over and over. I’d simply be repeating what others have already posted.

At a certain point, one has to give up, even on a slow learner.

He is ineducable.

Online roamer_1

Yes, you use the word “murder” the way that other liberals use the word “racism”: as a means of cutting off all discussion and asserting your own virtuousness.

No, the word 'murder' is apt. Intentional, premeditated killing of a human being... That's what the word is for.

Offline Sighlass

Obviously you must of dated a few women looser than what I dated. They fully understood how to control it.

Online roamer_1

Yep. I bet the Designer is against abortion.

Ya think? Maybe we should go look at the Plan...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's very disturbing and really kinda sad that on a Conservative political forum there are those defending abortion...something the Republican Party has had stance solidly against as a plank in it's official party platform for the last 46 years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

At a certain point, one has to give up, even on a slow learner.

He is ineducable.

I know many women who’ve had miscarriages at 6-8 weeks. They didn’t shrug and say it’s only a blob of cells. They openly mourned the loss of their babies. Imagine walking up to a mom who recently miscarried at six weeks and saying, “It’s just a smattering of cells you know. It’s not like it was a baby.”
I stand with Roosgirl.

Oceander

The body you advocate destroying and causing great pain in the process, is a separate human being INSIDE a woman's body.

Why do you continue denying what is true?

Why do you continue distorting the argument with leftist false platitudes?

You certainly must realize how badly you are losing this argument, don't you?

Probably best for you to bow out to avoid further embarrassment.

(btw, unless you once had a uterus and ovaries filled with eggs, you were NEVER your mother's body.  Oy  *****rollingeyes*****).

I’m not denying anything that is true.  I am simply asserting that, as a general matter, each individual has the fundamental right to decide what happens with his or her body.  In the context of a pregnancy, that fundamental right includes the right to decide whether to continue playing host to another human being.  And that this right cannot be countermanded by the government through the prohibition of abortion so long as that other human being remains nonviable; i.e., is not sufficiently developed to survive outside the womb by, for example, not having lungs capable of absorbing oxygen from the air breathed in yet.  After that point, once the fetus has become viable in a meaningful sense, and only then, does the government have a sufficient interest in the fetus that it can limit the woman’s ability to abort the fetus. 

For the fetuses existence to have sufficient weight to outweigh the woman’s right to control her own body, it’s separate existence must have become meaningful in some concrete way that would allow it some real possibility of surviving apart from the woman.  Until then, it’s existence is not sufficient to outweigh her rights because it has no existence apart from its connection to her.