Author Topic: EU’S SHAME: Russia has been strangling gas supplies for years but EU too PETRIFIED to act  (Read 801 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LEAKED EU documents reveal that state-run Russian energy giant Gazprom has been strangling European gas supplies for years and deliberately violating EU energy law for close to a decade, with the EU doing little to challenge it.

The “abusive practices” carried out by the energy giant were highlighted in an internal European Commission document relating to a seven-year old anti-trust dispute, which was leaked on Tuesday.

The document, which was part of the EU’s longest ever investigation, found that Gazprom had engaged in behaviour which amounted to political bullying, exerting pressure over vulnerable nations in Eastern Europe and fragmenting the unified EU energy market with deceptive pricing policies.

Professor Alan Riley, EU energy law expert at the Atlantic Council, said: “This is a very big deal. What the documents show is that there was systematic abuse of dominant position, and that it was clearly done for political purposes.

“Gazprom was splitting the European energy market at every point. And now the Commission is minded to do a deal that treats the East Europeans as if they were not member states at all.”

The leak is highly embarrassing for the the EU’s competition directorate, as it implies the Commission gained a full understanding of the “abusive” techniques employed by the company, and nevertheless turned a blind eye, with large countries such as Germany benefitting.

Polish politicians have accused countries such as Germany of wielding a large influence in EU institutions to suppress the findings and reach an amicable agreement with Gazprom in order to maintain their beneficial standing.

Jacek Saryusz-Wolski, a Polish MEP, said: “What we’re told is that the Commission wants an amicable settlement and has already decided to do this deal. It is disloyal and Poland is one of the victims, but not the only one.

“The documents show beyond any doubt that Gazprom has trespassed on EU law for years, and the Commission is about to issue a de facto acquittal anyway. They are they are doing this in the context of a silent war by Russia. This is all about vested interests.”

The EU raided Gazprom offices in European cities in 2011, and seized over 150,000 files.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/945407/Gazprom-Vladimir-Putin-leaked-files-EU-cover-up-abusive-stronghold-European-gas
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I love the fact that Mr. Trump addressed this and called them out on it. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I love the fact that Mr. Trump addressed this and called them out on it.

@Sanguine his description of Germany being held "hostage" was spot on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine his description of Germany being held "hostage" was spot on.

They're pretty willing hostages.  You think Merkel's background has anything to do with it?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They're pretty willing hostages.  You think Merkel's background has anything to do with it?

Are you kidding???

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Are you kidding???

Just putting it out there, Bigun.  And, no, not kidding.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Wouldn't surprise me.  IIRC...She was on the wrong side of the wall lounging in a spa when the wall came down.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just putting it out there, Bigun.  And, no, not kidding.

He's a commie and she's a commie but that has nothing to do with anything. /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's a commie and she's a commie but that has nothing to do with anything. /s

Exactly.