Author Topic: Trump launches new tariffs on China  (Read 496 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump launches new tariffs on China
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:45:49 am »
New York (CNN) The Trump administration is readying another round of tariffs on Chinese goods worth $200 billion, ramping up the US-China trade war.

Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer on Tuesday released a list of additional goods that could face 10% tariffs after a public comment period. It includes seafood, fruit and vegetables, yarn, wool, rain jackets and baseball gloves.

The move comes after the United States imposed 25% tariffs on Chinese goods worth $34 billion last Friday. Beijing immediately responded with its own tariffs on US goods worth $34 billion.
Tuesday's action makes good on a threat President Donald Trump made last Friday. Beijing immediately responded with its own tariffs on US goods worth $34 billion.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/politics/ustr-new-china-tariffs-trump/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump launches new tariffs on China
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:53:34 am »
The headline is total BS. 

China is not going to pay one dime as a result of these tariffs. Only their customers in the USA will pay them for as long as they continue to have any.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:54:10 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien