Author Topic: Keith Ellison Won’t Rule Out Democrats Impeaching Supreme Court Justices  (Read 925 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
10 Jul 2018

DNC Deputy chair Keith Ellison told attendees at a Supreme Court Community Forum in Minneapolis Monday that Democrats could theoretically impeach Supreme Court justices if the party regains a majority following the 2018 midterm elections.

transcript at link
https://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/07/10/keith-ellison-wont-rule-out-impeaching-supreme-court-justices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Then I suppose Ellison also would accept it if Sotomayor or Kagan were impeached by congress. Or whomever the democrats use to replaced those they impeach.

Obviously Ellison is chumping at the bit for open conflict.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:48:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline the_doc

10 Jul 2018

DNC Deputy chair Keith Ellison told attendees at a Supreme Court Community Forum in Minneapolis Monday that Democrats could theoretically impeach Supreme Court justices if the party regains a majority following the 2018 midterm elections.

transcript at link
https://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/07/10/keith-ellison-wont-rule-out-impeaching-supreme-court-justices/

Impeachments require demonstrations of crimes.  What crimes does Ellison propose that SCOTUS Justices be charged with?  Failure to heed a Muslim call to prayer? 

(Actually, I am aware of rumors that RBG might be impeachable, but she's not someone Ellison would want to remove from SCOTUS.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Obviously Ellison is chumping at the bit for open conflict.

Despite all the bullshit the Left is spinning out about this going to be a tough confirmation, their three aces in the hole went bust today. Collins, Murky and McLame came out in support of this stiff nominee. He is going to be confirmed under rules Dingy Harry put in place and there is nothing they can do about it. All they have left now is this type of nonsense talk to keep their base energized.

It will never happen.

Offline Applewood

But as Ellison himself says, there has to be evidence of corruption.  Not liking how a judge rules is not sufficient cause for impeachment. 

Offline skeeter

Impeachments require demonstrations of crimes.  What crimes does Ellison propose that SCOTUS Justices be charged with?  Failure to heed a Muslim call to prayer? 

(Actually, I am aware of rumors that RBG might be impeachable, but she's not someone Ellison would want to remove from SCOTUS.)

Ginsberg could be finger painting the walls of the supreme court with her own excreta and no one will touch her until she says she's good and ready.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :rolling:

Do they really want to open this can of worms?

This is just red meat for their rabid base.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
BTW the one and only USSC Justice was impeached for being overly partisan:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chase

Acquitted btw.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The more Keith Ellison and Perez run their mouths the bigger their a$$whoopin in November gets!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

:rolling:

Do they really want to open this can of worms?

This is just red meat for their rabid base.

Exactly.  Impeaching any of the justices, including this nominee, would be a stupider waste of time than impeaching Trump, if that was possible.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is all the Left has anymore - red meat rhetoric and street theater. I love the smell of their desperation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is all the Left has anymore - red meat rhetoric and street theater. I love the smell of their desperation.

888high58888 And panic!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien