Author Topic: Our 27-year-old reporter did Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's workout – and it nearly broke him  (Read 1975 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://t.co/ObaIlBMx2F

Why do I post this garbage? Because of this tweet:

https://twitter.com/TheHeteroGamer/status/1016381407118151681
The Hetero Gamer
‏

@TheHeteroGamer
Follow Follow @TheHeteroGamer
More The Hetero Gamer Retweeted POLITICO
imagine being the guy that has to pretend that he’s in worse physical condition than a 85 year old woman just so the left can cope with the fact that she’s the next Justice to go

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It's not garbage.  It's what I've been trying to tell people about Ruth.  That famous picture of her dozing off does not accurately reflect her true health.  She has had many health problems and may have been on meds resulting in the doze.  She hired a personal trainer and does serious workouts daily.

I don't think she's in excellent health but I do think she is far more fit than people realize.

And she loves being on the court ... it's easy, she doesn't have to think; it's prestigious and it keeps her out of the pool hall.  She will not retire.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

It's not garbage.  It's what I've been trying to tell people about Ruth.  That famous picture of her dozing off does not accurately reflect her true health.  She has had many health problems and may have been on meds resulting in the doze.  She hired a personal trainer and does serious workouts daily.

I don't think she's in excellent health but I do think she is far more fit than people realize.

And she loves being on the court ... it's easy, she doesn't have to think; it's prestigious and it keeps her out of the pool hall.  She will not retire.

She may be in great shape for an 85 year old who's already had pancreatic cancer. But I wouldn't take a bet on her being around in 6 years.

And if she makes it to 100 there's always Stephen Breyer.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:29:42 pm by skeeter »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

:shrug:

Maybe, do you know her? Are you willing to put money on it?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Say, this thread makes me wonder, is there a thread on TBR dedicated to people posting their predictions on the next SC justice to go? Not necessarily a death pool, as it could include retirement predictions.

If there isn't, someone should start one.
Let it burn.

Offline goodwithagun

Say, this thread makes me wonder, is there a thread on TBR dedicated to people posting their predictions on the next SC justice to go? Not necessarily a death pool, as it could include retirement predictions.

If there isn't, someone should start one.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,322455.0.html
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Let it burn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:shrug:

Maybe, do you know her? Are you willing to put money on it?

I don't like her, but I am interested in her.  I've read several in-depth articles about her.  As long as she's healthy enough to participate in the court sessions, she will stay.  I might put a dollar on it.

And she'll certainly try to stay as long as Trump is President.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't like her, but I am interested in her.  I've read several in-depth articles about her.  As long as she's healthy enough to participate in the court sessions, she will stay.  I might put a dollar on it.

LOL. She's a fraud. The shit they write about her are lies. She can barely move her fossilized ass down a hallway and you believe she is doing a workout everyday? It's all stagecraft and bullshit to keep the Lefts moral up. She is living on borrowed time.

BTW this Twit has me in stitches....

jason
‏ @ManAmongTheRuin
7h7 hours ago
Replying to @TheHeteroGamer @neon_shadows

Unless this man has advanced osteoporosis, AIDs, scurvy and a couple fresh bullet wounds to the abdomen I'm going to have to say this is fake news

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
My mom took me to the new Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary, and I’ll tell you this much. She’s one tough old broad.

I hope I can work out that well when I’m her age- if I live that long. She’d leave me in the dust.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Like Shapiro said, if a 27 year old guy can’t manage an 85 year-old woman’s workout, he needs to check into a hospital.

Funny how this story about Ginsberg’s amazing fitness comes out now.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If what is purported to be an 85-year-old woman's workout "nearly broke" a 27-year-old man, that man is either grossly unhealthy or somebody is lying their pants off. Come on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GrouchoTex

The original article is  2 years old.
It was brought up again last night.
The left wants its base to be confident that Justice RBG will be around awhile.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I heard Rush Limbo a few minutes ago, commenting how stupid the left-Obama-Ginsburg were, for not replacing her when they could.

Let's assume the GOP gains a few Senate seats. That would be perfect timing if anybody wants to leave the court, as has been said for Justice Thomas.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

Here's video with Stephen Colbert "interviewing" her and then doing her workout with her.  She is not all there, mentally or physically.

! No longer available

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL. She's a fraud. The shit they write about her are lies. She can barely move her fossilized ass down a hallway and you believe she is doing a workout everyday? It's all stagecraft and bullshit to keep the Lefts moral up. She is living on borrowed time.

BTW this Twit has me in stitches....

jason
‏ @ManAmongTheRuin
7h7 hours ago
Replying to @TheHeteroGamer @neon_shadows

Unless this man has advanced osteoporosis, AIDs, scurvy and a couple fresh bullet wounds to the abdomen I'm going to have to say this is fake news

I agree that the 27 year old man thing was a reach and written to scare you.  But I would not discount her relative fitness.  At her age, she could go at any time but it will not be by retiring.

People live much longer now.  I got a list of retirees from a former employer and I was astounded that fully a third of this long list were in their nineties.  Ten years ago that would have been maybe 4 or 5.

Unless you are in a better position to know than I think you are, you cannot say for sure that she doesn't do daily exercise. 

What's the point in speculating.  Ruth will stay until she dies or a democrat is elected President.

Online libertybele

Ok...here's her work out.  Let's see, I can do 5 on the elliptical and some stretching, probably could do the three sets of 10-30 reps (no details given), but no way, can I bench press 70 lbs, nor can I do 20 push-ups (no knees).  I'm 20+ years younger than she is and most days I do stretching exercises and walk just under 2 miles in a half hour.  She's 85 and can do all of this ... God Bless her!

RBG's workout begins with five minutes on the elliptical and some stretching. She then moves on to the machines: For most exercises, she does three sets of 10 to 13 reps, starting with a bench press (she puts up 70 pounds!), followed by leg curls, leg presses, chest flies, and lat pull-downs.

Next up: seated rows and standing rows, one-legged squats, and 20(!) push-ups (no knees). She also does a 30-second standard plank, and then 30 seconds on each side. After the planks come arm and shoulder moves with dumbbells, while seated on an exercise ball. Johnson also has RBG pin the ball to the wall with her back, and alternate squats and dumb-bell curls with 12-pound weights. Whew! And she's not done yet.

She also does step-ups, and a series of other leg exercises (including more squats on top of an upside-down BOSU ball). To finish strong, Ginsburg sits on a bench holding a medicine ball, stands up, throws the ball to Johnson; he throws it back to her, she sits back down, and repeats.

https://www.health.com/fitness/ruth-bader-ginsburg-workout
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

Ok...here's her work out.  Let's see, I can do 5 on the elliptical and some stretching, probably could do the three sets of 10-30 reps (no details given), but no way, can I bench press 70 lbs, nor can I do 20 push-ups (no knees).  I'm 20+ years younger than she is and most days I do stretching exercises and walk just under 2 miles in a half hour.  She's 85 and can do all of this ... God Bless her!

RBG's workout begins with five minutes on the elliptical and some stretching. She then moves on to the machines: For most exercises, she does three sets of 10 to 13 reps, starting with a bench press (she puts up 70 pounds!), followed by leg curls, leg presses, chest flies, and lat pull-downs.

Next up: seated rows and standing rows, one-legged squats, and 20(!) push-ups (no knees). She also does a 30-second standard plank, and then 30 seconds on each side. After the planks come arm and shoulder moves with dumbbells, while seated on an exercise ball. Johnson also has RBG pin the ball to the wall with her back, and alternate squats and dumb-bell curls with 12-pound weights. Whew! And she's not done yet.

She also does step-ups, and a series of other leg exercises (including more squats on top of an upside-down BOSU ball). To finish strong, Ginsburg sits on a bench holding a medicine ball, stands up, throws the ball to Johnson; he throws it back to her, she sits back down, and repeats.

https://www.health.com/fitness/ruth-bader-ginsburg-workout

If you wat h that video I posted you will see she cant do that stuff either.  She can't do a full down to full up push-up. There's no bleep way she is benching 70 lbs.

PS Anyone who is considered "fit" should be able to bench press their body weight.

Online libertybele

If you wat h that video I posted you will see she cant do that stuff either.  She can't do a full down to full up push-up. There's no bleep way she is benching 70 lbs.

PS Anyone who is considered "fit" should be able to bench press their body weight.

Yes, she looks a bit frail and I think her voice is even a tad weak. Granted it doesn't appear she can do all 'they' claim she can, but for 85 she is in better shape than most.  Time isn't on her side though and odds favor that Trump will be replacing her.

PS  No way, I can bench press my body weight.  It would kill my back. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Here's video with Stephen Colbert "interviewing" her and then doing her workout with her.  She is not all there, mentally or physically.

! No longer available

Geez this video ought to send leftists everywhere into the fetal position. Nice going Colbert.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Kind of like when the Clinton Crime Family left the White House "nearly broke" (not counting the furniture, silverware, light bulbs, and a half used roll of paper towels).

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goodwithagun

Her arms were about to flop outward with the little 8 pounders she was using. There’s no way she benches 70. This workout is pathetic. It’s more important to use less weight and/or complete fewer reps in order to perform the exercise correctly. He trainer should be embarrassed by himself.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

Yes, she looks a bit frail and I think her voice is even a tad weak. Granted it doesn't appear she can do all 'they' claim she can, but for 85 she is in better shape than most.  Time isn't on her side though and odds favor that Trump will be replacing her.

PS  No way, I can bench press my body weight.  It would kill my back.

A bit frail?  She can't even turn her neck.  That hump in her back is from falling asleep on the job a few too many times.

Offline bilo

Odds are good Ginsburg and Breyer will be gone during Trump's first, or second, term in office.

The leftist judges:
Ginsberg was born in 1933 (85)
Breyer was born in 1938 (80)
Sotomayor was born in 1954 (64)
Kagan was born in 1960 (58)

The right leaning Justices:
Thomas was born in 1948 (70)
Alito was born in 1950 (68)
Roberts was born in 1955 (63)
Gorsuch was born in 1967 (52)

The SCOTUS can really be changed over the next 6 years. If Thomas wants to retire it would be a good time to do so between 2018-2020 when the Pubs have a bigger majority in the Senate. So imagine Ginsburg, Breyer and Thomas all being replaced with constitutionalists around 50 yoa.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home