Author Topic: Trump reportedly gave out his personal cell phone number to world leaders and US officials 'had no i  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump reportedly gave out his personal cell phone number to world leaders and US officials 'had no idea' he was making calls
David Choi 16h
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-personal-cellphone-call-canada-justin-trudeau-2018-7

President Donald Trump speaks on the phone with Prime Minister of Australia Malcolm Turnbull in the Oval Office of the White House, January 28, 2017. Associated Press/Alex Brandon

• President Donald Trump reportedly gave out his personal cell phone number to foreign leaders shortly after taking office.
  • White House officials were shocked after a summary of a conversation was released without their knowledge.
  • US officials reportedly had to rely on Trump's memory of the call for details.
  • Following the incident, US officials insisted Trump adhere to the federal records law and route all calls with foreign leaders through the Situation Room.

President Donald Trump reportedly gave out his personal cell phone number to foreign leaders shortly after taking office and shocked White House officials when a summary of a conversation was released without their knowledge.

White House aides who were unaware Trump had spoken to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau were startled after Canadian officials released a summary of a conversation in April 2017, according to a Washington Post report published on Friday.

"We had no idea what happened," a senior US official told The Post.

During the call, Trudeau reportedly objected to Trump's and his administration's claims of a trade imbalance between the two countries.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

From "butthead" at  https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/8wpseg/trump_reportedly_gave_out_his_personal_cell_phone/e1xp1cm/

Theory 1: Trump is a complete idiot who is too lazy to do things correctly, despite his claims of being a genius.

Theory 2: Trump is a complete idiot with something to hide who wants to use a personal phone line to avoid scrutiny or lawful oversight by his countrymen, but doesn't realize that all he is doing is making his calls freely available to anyone who wants them including hostile nations. Despite his claims of being a genius and a patriot.

Theory 3: Trump actively knows this is an unsecure method, and is willfully using it as a way to 'leak' information to Putin while maintaining plausible deniability and no direct link. Despite his claims of not being a treasonous Russian puppet.

/u/Exist2Esist points out that Republicans no longer have the moral high ground with the Hillary Clinton server if their bozo does this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Who knew 1-900 numbers were international....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Excellent. More news no one gives a shit about being backed up by some crack head on Reddit. Anyone have any information on what Redd Foxx thinks about all this?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Applewood

Excellent. More news no one gives a shit about being backed up by some crack head on Reddit. Anyone have any information on what Redd Foxx thinks about all this?

Typical Trump fan reaction.  Trump is god, so anything that doesn't agree with that belief is dismissed out of hand. It's fake news or it's no big deal.  Who cares, right? 

Yet, if Hillary was president and she was using her personal cell phone to talk to world leaders, Trump fans would be screaming bloody murder.  But it's OK if Trump does it because Trump is god.  As if his being a deity to his worshipers makes a careless disregard for national security  no big deal.

Sorry, @Frank Cannon   Your hero is not the genius he is portrayed to be.  He has advisors, many of whom give good advice.  But his refusal to listen to that advice puts this nation at risk.    There are still some of us nonbelievers who care about those things.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The WH Comms Agency must be pulling their hair out right about now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Typical Trump fan reaction.  Trump is god, so anything that doesn't agree with that belief is dismissed out of hand. It's fake news or it's no big deal.  Who cares, right? 

Yet, if Hillary was president and she was using her personal cell phone to talk to world leaders, Trump fans would be screaming bloody murder.  But it's OK if Trump does it because Trump is god.  As if his being a deity to his worshipers makes a careless disregard for national security  no big deal.

Sorry, @Frank Cannon   Your hero is not the genius he is portrayed to be.  He has advisors, many of whom give good advice.  But his refusal to listen to that advice puts this nation at risk.    There are still some of us nonbelievers who care about those things.

Forshame, forshame on you, that would would take it on yourself to deny the manifest Lord. But it is written that some will do this. Before the cock crows. Come over to the Trump side, Mr. @Applewood  , until you see the light. Join us! Join us! Joooooooooiiiiin us......
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Didn’t Obama catch a lot of flak in 2009 for wanting to do precisely this?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:word:

Offline corbe

This has a whiff of the 'hellary server' to it, doesn't it?  No one present in the meeting with KJU and him alluding to the same thing with Putin next week~mano-mano, indeed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This has a whiff of the 'hellary server' to it, doesn't it?  No one present in the meeting with KJU and him alluding to the same thing with Putin next week~mano-mano, indeed.

Time to buy a vowel. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Everything the President does is monitored and recorded. Whether or not he uses this phone, or that phone, makes no difference at all. If the NSA would bother to record my bullshit, or yours, imagine how much more focused they are on the President.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Yes Mam, I'll get right on that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Your hero is not the genius he is portrayed to be.  He has advisors, many of whom give good advice.  But his refusal to listen to that advice puts this nation at risk.    There are still some of us nonbelievers who care about those things.

Stated differently: Trump supporters are idiots, but his detractors are smarter and better.

aka version #13,337 on this forum, since the primary season over 3 years ago.

aka boring, repetitive.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Stated differently: Trump supporters are idiots, but his detractors are smarter and better.

aka boring, repetitive.

No, there are no hidden meanings in what I posted, despite Trump supporters' constant paranoid search for them.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

aka boring, repetitive.
@truth_seeker

So true. They are superior doncha know. They have "principles" which people who support the elected President obviously lack. That is why it is so much fun to troll the NeverTrumps. Every time I see a post declaring that anyone who supports Trump is really worshiping him like a God (an obvious insult), I always respond with a sermon praising Trump as if he is the new messiah, taking the place of Obama who really was literally 'worshiped' by his Leftist supporters.

Whenever I post one of my 'Trump is God' posts, I envision all the NeverTrumps getting aroused and pointing to the screen yelling, "See! See! I told you! See! See! They do worship him! I told you so.", because most of them are bitter entrenched idiots who are grasping for some kind of validation in the wake of all of Trump's success.

It's fun. But as you said, it is boring. Especially now at this late date, since it is all moot anyway.

Offline Frank Cannon

Didn't vote for advisors. Advisors are shit. Reagan's advisors wanted him to leave the Soviets and East Germany alone and not provoke them. Bush's advisors told him there wouldn't be much blow back from raising taxes. Bush II's advisors told him he could transform the Middle East with a couple short wars.

You can genuflect to your portrait of Ken Duberstein all you like. I have no use for them and I love the fact that Trump goes rogue. So far it is working out great.......except for the perpetually offended.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

aka boring, repetitive.

And yet here you are...still posting on threads you yourself said are "boring".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

Whenever I post one of my 'Trump is God' posts, I envision all the NeverTrumps getting aroused and pointing to the screen yelling, "See! See! I told you! See! See! They do worship him! I told you so.",

I do hope your delusions entertain you.
+++++++++

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I do hope your delusions entertain you.

Yes. They do that.