Author Topic: Victor Davis Hanson: Never Trumpers Told Us Trump Would Be Liberal, He Wasn't; No Alternative Agenda  (Read 2470 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Victor Davis Hanson: Never Trumpers Told Us Trump Would Be Liberal, He Wasn't; No Alternative Agenda

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date July 6, 2018

ictor Davis Hanson of the Hoover Institution is interviewed by FOX News' Tucker Carlson on the lack of agenda from the left and how the anti-Trump faction was wrong about him.

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Barack Obama got elected twice but he was an ungodly disaster for the Democratic party. They lost the supermajority, they lostSupreme Court. And they can't come to grips with the fact that they control popular cultural -- sports, universities, the media -- but that turns into this type of street theater you referenced. It doesn't transfer into actual political power and they're very frustrated.

The Never Trumpers told us that Trump would be a  the Senate, they lost the House, they lost 1,000 local state and local offices, they're going to lose the

Supreme Court. And they can't come to grips with the fact that they control popular cultural -- sports, universities, the media -- but that turns into this type of street theater you referenced. It doesn't transfer into actual political power and they're very frustrated.

The Never Trumpers told us that Trump would be a moderate or a liberal. He wasn't. The Heritage Foundation said he was more conservative in his first 2 years than Ronald Reagan. The left said he was going to implode or that the Mueller investigation, or impeachment, or the emoluments clause, or they were going to sue under the 25th Amendment. None of that happened. So Trump is almost 50% approval rating.

And the final thing is there's no alternative agenda.

snip

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/07/06/victor_davis_hanson_never_trumpers_told_us_trump_would_be_liberal_he_wasnt_no_alternative_agenda.html

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Thanks for posting this, @truth_seeker

There needs to be a counter to George Will, and various assorted "conservative" commentators.

VDH is among my favorite political analysts. 

@DCPatriot
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Always good to hear so many of our own observations summed up so succinctly in just 2 and a half minutes.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been a VDH fan for a long time.  He's a little too "Rah rah, sis-boom-bah!" about President Trump sometimes, but he generally settles on the truth, which is why I like him..
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've been a VDH fan for a long time.  He's a little too "Rah rah, sis-boom-bah!" about President Trump sometimes, but he generally settles on the truth, which is why I like him..

Yes, I like VDH too.  He's more often correct than not.

Offline skeeter

VDH has been an enthusiastic (as much as he is capable of showing) supporter of border enforcement as there is, which I'm sure explains his support of the president.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
VDH has been an enthusiastic (as much as he is capable of showing) supporter of border enforcement as there is, which I'm sure explains his support of the president.

VDH is a life-long (muti-generational at that) resident of California's Central Valley, so he knows about the same dangers and liberal fallacies as most of us do on TBR.  He's also a top-notch Historian.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

As time goes on Pres. Trump has leaned more to the right than to the left.  I think it's still too early to make judgement, though it is still very apparent that Congress is filled with RINO's who have tried bigly to impede his progress and success. So far President Trump has surprised me. The mid terms should prove interesting, especially if the GOP loses ... then I fear we may see a whole different side of Trump.  Time will tell of course.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
These are also good columns....

@Frank Cannon   I should have said 'good piece.'  That's what editors insist on calling columns now.  But that would have been dangerous.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Credit where credit is due: Trump saved the Supreme Court, and with it, perhaps the nation.

Offline bilo

As time goes on Pres. Trump has leaned more to the right than to the left.  I think it's still too early to make judgement, though it is still very apparent that Congress is filled with RINO's who have tried bigly to impede his progress and success. So far President Trump has surprised me. The mid terms should prove interesting, especially if the GOP loses ... then I fear we may see a whole different side of Trump.  Time will tell of course.

Good analysis.

I was not a Trump supporter because I didn't think he could be trusted to stay on the right. He has been more than a pleasant surprise and when it looked like he was swinging to the left (the proposed DACA deal) time showed he was really two to three steps ahead of the leftists. The DACA proposal revealed the Rats for who they are. They don't want immigration reformed and more and more hispanics are starting to see this.

At this point it looks like 56 seats in the House are in play. It sure looks like an uphill battle to keep the House. The Senate though looks like we gain seats and it's just a question of how many. So if we lose the House Trump's agenda dies, nothing will happen on immigration, obamacare, or making the tax cuts permanent. I don't think Trump will swing to the left in this situation because the left has shown they are too dumb to compromise when there is a good deal to be made (DACA is a great example). We will end up with 2 years of "rage" from the left, impeachment proceedings and no budget.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DCPatriot

Credit where credit is due: Trump saved the Supreme Court, and with it, perhaps the nation.

Welcome to the party, pal.  Better late than never!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Welcome to the party, pal.  Better late than never!   :laugh:

I'm still withholding my opinion on that.  The first session looked good, but how long did it take for Suiter and Roberts to show their true colors and crap on the constitution?  I'm generally slow to judge things.

I do like what the gal under consideration had to say about Roberts' opinion when he created an argument not being made by Obastardcare's own lawyers.  She said when he did that, he denied the litigants an opportunity to argue the question.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon   I should have said 'good piece.'  That's what editors insist on calling columns now.  But that would have been dangerous.

This is also a "good piece"...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

How did I know this would happen?  And yet I facilitated it.  Am I turning into @RoosGirl

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How did I know this would happen?  And yet I facilitated it.  Am I turning into @RoosGirl

Bite your tongue off!   :rolling:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bite your tongue off!   :rolling:

I already bit it, not off, but enough to hurt.

Offline jpsb

I knew that was coming.

Offline jpsb

No @Emjay, as much as I like you, there is only one @RoosGirl.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm still withholding my opinion on that.  The first session looked good, but how long did it take for Suiter and Roberts to show their true colors and crap on the constitution?  I'm generally slow to judge things.

I do like what the gal under consideration had to say about Roberts' opinion when he created an argument not being made by Obastardcare's own lawyers.  She said when he did that, he denied the litigants an opportunity to argue the question.

Trump is not God. If Gorsuch turns into a Souter/Breyer how would that be trumps fault? Even the most bonafide cons rvative credentials on the planet won’t make you immune to dc corruption.

Online DCPatriot

Trump is not God. If Gorsuch turns into a Souter/Breyer how would that be trumps fault? Even the most bonafide cons rvative credentials on the planet won’t make you immune to dc corruption.

And it would have been better than Justice Loretta Lynch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Did we let Bush 41 wash his hands of Suiter?  Sorry, you pull a bone-headed SCOTUS pick, and you own it. 
I will NOT comply.