Author Topic: Memos detail FBI’s ‘Hurry the F up pressure’ to probe Trump campaign  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Memos detail FBI’s ‘Hurry the F up pressure’ to probe Trump campaign
By John Solomon, opinion contributor — 07/06/18 08:00 AM EDT

Multiple reviews of whether FBI agents’ political bias affected the Russia-Trump collusion case remain in their infancy, but investigators already have unearthed troubling internal communications long withheld from public view.

We already know from FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok’s now-infamous text messages with his fellow agent and reported lover, Lisa Page, that Strzok — the man driving that Russia collusion investigation — disdained Donald Trump and expressed willingness to use his law enforcement powers to “stop” the Republican from becoming president.

The question that lingers, unanswered: Did those sentiments affect official actions?

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/395721-memos-detail-fbis-hurry-the-f-up-pressure-to-probe-trump-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is crystal clear to me but proving it is another matter entirely.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If this was reversed, Republicans would be in jail, and on on trial right now. I am beyond furious.    9999hair out0000

Offline skeeter

If this was reversed, Republicans would be in jail, and on on trial right now. I am beyond furious.    9999hair out0000

Thats true, but conversely if the GOP were determined, democrats would be going to jail now.

The State, including both parties, won't police itself, and they won't go down without a helluva fight.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:19:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How is no one testifying before a grand jury?

Until all the interviews are completed by Congress and DOJ’s inspector general later this year, we won’t know why counterintelligence agents who normally take a methodical approach to investigation felt so much pressure days before the election on this case.. . . . .

The day after Trump’s surprising win on Nov. 9, 2016, the FBI counterintelligence team engaged in a new mission, bluntly described in another string of emails prompted by another news leak.

“We need ALL of their names to scrub, and we should give them ours for the same purpose,” Strzok emailed Page on Nov. 10, 2016, citing a Daily Beast article about some of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s allegedly unsavory ties overseas.

“Andy didn’t get any others,” Page wrote back, apparently indicating McCabe didn’t have names to add to the “scrub.”

“That’s what Bill said,” Strzok wrote back, apparently referring to then-FBI chief of counterintelligence William Priestap. “I suggested we need to exchange our entire lists as we each have potential derogatory CI info the other doesn’t.” CI is short for confidential informants.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thats true, but conversely if the GOP were determined, democrats would be going to jail now.

The State, including both parties, won't police itself, and they won't go down without a helluva fight.

It's a throughly incestuous mess and party lines get very tangled in all of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien