Author Topic: Trump unleashes in Montana (Video of rally speech is included)  (Read 315 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump unleashes in Montana
Politico, Jul 5, 2018, MATTHEW NUSSBAUM

President Donald Trump went on offense on Thursday at a campaign-style rally in Montana, deriding the state’s Democratic senator but also launching attacks against the Justice Department, the media, Hillary Clinton, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, the “Me Too” movement and more.

He previewed themes he will highlight as he works to unseat Democratic senators in the midterm elections, while returning to many of his favorite 2016 attacks.

“It’s time to retire liberal Democrat Jon Tester,” Trump declared to a raucous crowd during the hourlong address in Great Falls, Montana. “A vote for Jon Tester is a vote for Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and the new leader of the Democrat Party Maxine Waters.”

Trump slammed Tester for voting against the repeal of the Affordable Care Act, voting against a major tax cuts bill and for voting no on legislation to ban late-term abortions.

“You wouldn’t think he’d play very well out here. How did he get elected?” Trump wondered aloud. “You can right your wrong in November.”

<snip>

Tester, the top Democrat on the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee, has been on the receiving end of personal barbs from Trump after he played a crucial role in sinking Trump’s nominee for Veterans Affairs secretary, White House physician Ronny Jackson.

Trump spoke at length about the Jackson debacle, accusing Tester of “shameful, dishonest attacks on a great man.”

The attacks were similar to those Trump made against Tester in the midst of the controversy.

“Allegations made by Senator Jon Tester against Admiral/Doctor Ron Jackson are proving false,” Trump tweeted in April as damaging reports about Jackson were emerging. “The Secret Service is unable to confirm (in fact they deny) any of the phony Democrat charges which have absolutely devastated the wonderful Jackson family. Tester should resign.”

More:  https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/05/trump-montana-rally-696627
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:14:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump unleashes in Montana
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:57:33 am »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:07:47 am »
One of my favorite off script lines from tonight:  "One thousand points of light --- what the hell was that about?  Has anyone figured that out?"   88devil

Another funny moment:  The President mentioned the protester who climbed the Statue of Liberty. He was talking about how brave the officers were, giving them all the credit.  He then said “I wouldn’t have done it ... I would have said let’s get some nets and wait”.  We were ROFL here, and so was the crowd.

This was one of the rallies people point to and ask:  "Is there anything better than a Trump rally?"  Very real, tough and funny moments throughout.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 01:49:34 am »
One of my favorite off script lines from tonight:  "One thousand points of light --- what the hell was that about?  Has anyone figured that out?"   88devil

Another funny moment:  The President mentioned the protester who climbed the Statue of Liberty. He was talking about how brave the officers were, giving them all the credit.  He then said “I wouldn’t have done it ... I would have said let’s get some nets and wait”.  We were ROFL here, and so was the crowd.

This was one of the rallies people point to and ask:  "Is there anything better than a Trump rally?"  Very real, tough and funny moments throughout.

Under all these attacks, Nixon would have bunkered up and Dubya become apologetic. Trump disarms the attackers with jokes.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 02:03:06 am »

Under all these attacks, Nixon would have bunkered up and Dubya become apologetic. Trump disarms the attackers with jokes.

One of the things that makes the President so very different from his predecessors is he doesn't speak at rallies with a list of bullet points.  He has a real conversation with the people.  Trump is alternately strong and passionate, self-depreciating and disarming political enemies with humor that people "get".  He captivates an audience and makes each person feel like he's talking just to him or her.  And the audience leaves reassured that "he's one of us" and we can trust him.

No politician before or currently can even come close to matching this.

This is why I post the videos to his rallies @endicom  Pulling one quote from a 75 minute conversation does nothing to advance an understanding of what the President was talking about or who he is....listening to him and the full context of his remarks do.

Besides, it really is a heck of a good time.  ^-^

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:04:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »