Author Topic: Schumer privately asked Trump to nominate Merrick Garland to Supreme Court  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer privately asked Trump to nominate Merrick Garland to Supreme Court
By John Bowden and Jordain Carney - 07/05/18 12:36 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) privately urged President Trump in a phone conversation to nominate Merrick Garland, former President Obama's Supreme Court nominee from 2016, to replace retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy.

A person familiar with the conversation said on Thursday that Schumer told Trump in a phone call that lasted less than five minutes on Tuesday that the move would help unify the country.

The Democratic leader also warned the president against nominating a potential justice to the Supreme Court who would vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, stating that such a move would be "cataclysmic" and damaging to Trump's legacy, according to a person familiar with the call, which was first reported by The Washington Post.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/395617-schumer-privately-asked-trump-to-nominate-merrick-garland-to-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Yeah Chuck. If wishes were horses.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump nominating Garland has been a concern of mine.  That would be a disaster to all the progress he's made so far in tilting the court to the right.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dfwgator

Trump nominating Garland has been a concern of mine.  That would be a disaster to all the progress he's made so far in tilting the court to the right.

Ain't gonna happen.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Schumer privately asked Trump to nominate Merrick Garland to Supreme Court"

Heh.
Chucky, is that all ya got...?