Author Topic: Mother shoots carjacker in the face after he stole car with kids inside  (Read 707 times)

Offline Suppressed

Mother shoots carjacker in the face after he stole car with kids inside
Updated 11:33 AM; Posted 11:33 AM
https://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2018/07/mother_shoots_carjacker_in_the.html
By Matt Durr mattdurr@mlive.com

DALLAS -- A mother of two said she was pumping gas just after 10 p.m. Wednesday night in southern Dallas, when a man jumped in her car and tried to drive away with her two kids inside.

[...]

"I proceeded to jump in my backseat and told the gentleman to stop, to get out the car. He would not get out of the car. He turned around and looked at me. I reached over the armrest to get my glove compartment and that's when I fired at him once I got the gun from my glove compartment," she said.

Booker-Hicks shot the man in the face causing him to drive the car off the road and crash. The suspect was arrested and identified as 36-year-old Ricky Wright. He will likely face charges for kidnapping and the unauthorized use of a motor vehicle or carjacking, according to Fox 4.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Well ... there ya go ...

Offline Millee

Not guilty!  :cool:

Offline Slide Rule

The lady needs more bullets and/or a bigger gun.

The general rule is the shooting stops when the car stops.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Suppressed

More good stuff in the CBS Dallas story...
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/05/mom-shoots-suspected-carjacker-trying-to-take-suv-with-kids-inside/

“I should have just have emptied the whole clip but I didn’t. I didn’t. I just wanted to give him a warning shot that was it,” she said. “I’m not a killer or anything like that, but I do believe in defending what’s mine.”

The mother said she had just put the gun in the SUV hours before after her husband helped her with reloading. “I told him that I needed some bullets for my gun and he told me that he was going to go get it.”

[...]

Wright crashed into a light pole and was later taken to a local hospital. Thursday morning he was said to be in serious but stable condition. As he recovers the mother wanted to tell Wright something. “I wish I would’ve killed you, if I didn’t already,” she said.

Rickey Wright (credit: Dallas Police Department)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online dfwgator

"Awww man, I shot Marvin in the face."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

You can have my truck.  I’m taking the Sierra.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

More good stuff in the CBS Dallas story...
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/05/mom-shoots-suspected-carjacker-trying-to-take-suv-with-kids-inside/

Rickey Wright (credit: Dallas Police Department)

Yeesh. Wonder what he looked like before he got shot in the face.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The lady needs more bullets and/or a bigger gun.

.45 ACP would do the trick nicely.

Not much of a head left at that range, especially if using hollow-points as I am wont to have loaded in mine at all times.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's not a gentleman.  That's just stupid.