Author Topic: Feinstein Democrats will Bork Amy Coney Barrett as 'too Catholic'  (Read 732 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 5, 2018
Feinstein Democrats will Bork Amy Coney Barrett as 'too Catholic'
By J. Marsolo

The Democratic Party, controlled primarily by the leftist media, is out to destroy Amy Coney Barrett, one of the finalists to be appointed by President Trump to the U.S. Supreme Court.  Her sin is that she has nine children, two adopted, and is a member of a charismatic ecumenical group including Catholics and Protestants.  Because of this, the Dems and media believe she would vote to overrule Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, which established the constitutional right to an abortion, if the issue arises.

One irony is that Governor Robert Casey, a pro-life Catholic, signed the Pennsylvania law restricting abortion that was challenged by Planned Parenthood.  Casey was barred by Bill and Hillary Clinton from speaking at the 1992 Democratic Convention because of his pro-life views.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/_feinstein_democrats_will_bork_amy_coney_barrett_as_too_catholic.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Feinstein Democrats will Bork Amy Coney Barrett as 'too Catholic'
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:40:19 pm »
The irony is Pope Francis would probably get Diane's support.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:56:06 pm »
Justice Barrett was good enough to be confirmed last time around for the Seventh Circuit, but since this is SCOTUS, the Rats will put the red hot irons into her hands again.

When it comes to Catholics (or Christians of any stripe) , . . . . the medieval theocratism the Rats would paint nominees with seems to stick better to the accuser than the accused.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_ordeal
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
...is a member of a charismatic ecumenical group including Catholics and Protestants.

I feel a little better about this potential pick. I was worried about her Catholic roots because the Catholic Church is so leftist. The charismatic/ecumenical inclination leads me to believe she is more Bible based in her views. A strong conservative that believes in Scripture would be a great pick in my view.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 03:42:25 pm »
We'll soon see if the President is better than Ronald Reagan at countering the Leftist demagoguery, assuming he picks Barrett.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 04:04:36 pm »
I read it this morning, she does believe life begins at conception and said that in an interview.

Pope Francis appears leftist, as for the Church itself. I know we are suppose to steer away from straight religious talk. Some leaders have spoken up for the refugees, Church teaching is a bit more strict if one reads their pronouncements.

Mona Charen wrote an article for National Review:
   Amy Coney Barrett’s ‘Cult’
By Mona Charen

July 5, 2018 10:49 AM

Opposition to the eminently qualified, brilliant Supreme Court candidate invokes an ugly history of anti-Catholic bigotry.

When Notre Dame law professor and possible Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was nominated for the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, her affiliation with a religious group called People of Praise raised red flags. It was some sort of cult, they implied. Senator Dianne Feinstein famously reproved the nominee by intoning that “the dogma lives loudly within you and that’s of concern.”

It was an echo of the kind of anti-Catholic bigotry that characterized American life for centuries. When the Democrats nominated the first Roman Catholic for president, Al Smith in 1928, opponents warned that all Protestant marriages would be annulled and all Protestant children declared bastards if the Catholic were elected. Republicans circulated pictures of Smith posing before the almost-completed Holland Tunnel with a caption declaring that instead of emptying into New Jersey, it really led 3,500 miles under the Atlantic Ocean to the basement of the Vatican. After his loss to Herbert Hoover, Smith was reputed to have quipped that he had sent a one-word telegram to the Pope: “Unpack.”

But Feinstein’s comment and others’ insinuations that her religion is somehow creepy or suspicious reveals a broader anti-religious bias.

Continued at: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/amy-coney-barretts-cult/

I think it's a legitimate concern though, that she possibly could be soft on immigration. She has 7 children, 1 with special needs, 2 from Haiti. So, I assume she gave birth to the other 4.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:07:36 pm by TomSea »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 05:24:35 pm »
So now the democrats will apply religious tests to anyone nominated for service on SCOTUS?  How Un American can they get?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »
So now the democrats will apply religious tests to anyone nominated for service on SCOTUS?  How Un American can they get?

On the other hand, its refreshing to see them suddenly becoming open and honest about their intentions. They've been pretending they believe in their own rhetoric of fairness & tolerance for decades.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »
On the other hand, its refreshing to see them suddenly becoming open and honest about their intentions. They've been pretending they believe in their own rhetoric of fairness & tolerance for decades.

They are coming out of the closet for sure and it's very ugly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 05:59:33 pm »
Thesharp young black gal, Candace Owens commented on the brilliant RNC video and she remarked it merely held up a mirror, to the dems.

I am seeing smart articulate younger blacks, explaining how the KKK was a democrat organization, calmly, matter of factly. And persuassively, which above all is what matters.

Persuassion=Changing minds=changing votes

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 06:06:18 pm »
They are coming out of the closet for sure and it's very ugly!

Yes very ugly. Let them attack the very attractive working mom over her Christian believes. It will
be great for us and the push back will be huge. Judge Barrett is smarter then any of them. And
she has a stellar resume. If fact I can't believe how good her resume is, she is probably the best
qualified candidate EVER.

Every one that works at ND law school recommender her, liberal and conservative alike.
Every one she clerked with at the SC recommended her, again liberal and conservative.
Graduated tops in her class at ND law school and top in her undergrad school.
The women has an amazing mind. She is described by one Harvard Law Prof as scary smart.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 06:10:24 pm »
...is a member of a charismatic ecumenical group including Catholics and Protestants.

I feel a little better about this potential pick. I was worried about her Catholic roots because the Catholic Church is so leftist. The charismatic/ecumenical inclination leads me to believe she is more Bible based in her views. A strong conservative that believes in Scripture would be a great pick in my view.

I don't think mainstream Catholics are becoming liberal.  It's the Hierarchy of the church.  This latest Pope is a disaster.  He says some good things but more stupid things.

The same thing happened to the Episcopal Church.  OMG, I was a member for most of my life and the Church completely changed during that time.  First it was the leadership and then it seeped into the general community.  I ended up as one of 3 conservatives in my moderate sized Church.  One of us died and one moved to Hawaii.  I need to check on the other one.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 10:00:20 pm »
I don't think mainstream Catholics are becoming liberal.  It's the Hierarchy of the church.  This latest Pope is a disaster.  He says some good things but more stupid things.

The same thing happened to the Episcopal Church.  OMG, I was a member for most of my life and the Church completely changed during that time.  First it was the leadership and then it seeped into the general community.  I ended up as one of 3 conservatives in my moderate sized Church.  One of us died and one moved to Hawaii.  I need to check on the other one.

They are if they follow their Pope.

I don't doubt that there are a lot of solid conservative Catholics, but the leadership of this church are very liberal/leftist and this church is not congregational in structure. So the conservative members are in a tough position. On the one hand they want to be faithful to their church's teachings and on the other hand they want to be true to their conservative beliefs.

If Barrett is selected and confirmed I would hope she gravitates to Alito and Thomas who are Catholics.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home