Author Topic: Jordan rebuffs allegations that he knew of Ohio State abuse: 'It's not true'  (Read 311 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Jordan rebuffs allegations that he knew of Ohio State abuse: 'It's not true'
The Hill, Jul 4, 2018, Max Greenwood

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) on Tuesday fiercely denied allegations that he failed to stop a sports physician from sexually abusing student athletes at Ohio State University when he was a wrestling coach there.

Jordan told Politico in an interview that he would have intervened had he known about the doctor's alleged behavior.

"It’s not true," Jordan told Politico. "I never knew about any type of abuse. If I did, I would have done something about it. And look, if there are people who are abused, then that’s terrible and we want justice to happen."

Three former wrestlers at OSU told NBC News that the abuse by the doctor was a kind of open secret, and that Jordan almost certainly knew about the alleged behavior.

The doctor, Richard Strauss, would alleged shower with student athletes regularly and would touch them inappropriately during appointments, the former wrestlers told NBC News.

Strauss died in 2005, but the university announced earlier this year that it would investigate the allegations against the physician and whether enough was done to protect the students.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/395493-jordan-rebuffs-allegations-that-he-knew-of-ohio-state-abuse-its-not-true

Online Right_in_Virginia

No worries, Jim will be cleared right after the election. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ohio State sex scandal complicates Jordan’s possible Speaker bid
The Hill, Jul 3, 2018

<snip>

One of Jordan’s former wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, said he and his teammates personally complained to Jordan and others about Strauss’s inappropriate behavior many times. But some Jordan allies cast doubt about the credibility of his accusers. Yetts, a former wrestling champion, spent 18 months in prison for bilking investors out of nearly $2 million.

Another accuser quoted in the NBC story, Mike DiSabato, has a long history of litigation, including a 2007 suit against OSU over a merchandising dispute, according to the university’s student newspaper.  ...

One of Jordan’s wrestlers, George Pardos, described Strauss as “weird” but said he never experienced inappropriate touching or sexual abuse by the doctor during his numerous examinations.

Pardos, who wrestled at OSU from 1988 to 1993, said it was unfathomable that Jordan would have turned a blind eye to alleged abuse, recalling that Jordan once picked up and carried the much-heavier Pardos after he severely injured his knee and once checked a teammate into a drug rehabilitation center.

“For Jimmy to know that this was going on and not do anything about it, it wouldn’t happen. It's completely out of character,” Pardos, a Marine Corps veteran, told The Hill in a phone interview.

“I’ve had dinner at his house, worked out with him. This didn’t happen.”

Pardos, who has been interviewed by investigators, accused some of his former teammates of trying to cash in following Michigan State University’s $500 million settlement with hundreds of sexual abuse victims of former university and USA Gymnastics physician Larry Nassar. 

“After Larry Nassar, everyone is seeing dollar signs,” Pardos said.

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/house/395461-ohio-state-sex-scandal-complicates-jordans-possible-speaker-bid

Offline skeeter

Typical hit job - toss a smear out in public and leave the target to defend himself.

The only question is does it come from the left or from the GOPe?

Hopefully Jordan will go on the offense. Its time to lift the veil so we can all see who indulges in this kind of filthy politics.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:51:43 pm by skeeter »

Online corbe

My money would be on Kevin McCarthy he has the most to gain from a slandered Jordan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

My money would be on Kevin McCarthy he has the most to gain from a slandered Jordan.

You're most likely right. Still I'd LOVE to see this particular operation exposed. This kind of racket has been going on far too long.