Author Topic: 3 Scalp Sunscreens to Protect Your Head From Sunburn  (Read 773 times)

rangerrebew

3 Scalp Sunscreens to Protect Your Head From Sunburn
« on: July 03, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
3 Scalp Sunscreens to Protect Your Head From Sunburn

These sunscreens for hair and scalp will fend off painful burns and skin damage without weighing down your locks.
By Dana Leigh Smith   
Jun 29, 2018

You rub sunscreen all over your body, being careful not to miss a single inch. You even apply it to the tops of your feet, ears, and hands—often-forgotten areas. But if we had to put money on it, we’d bet that you’re not using any SPF on your scalp. And we don't blame you; putting conventional sunscreen in your hair can make it feel greasy and gross. There's where scalp sunscreen comes in.

“Many people don’t use a scalp sunscreen, which isn't a good thing. The scalp a highly dismissed area of the body and it ends up getting sunburned," says Debra Jaliman, MD, a Manhattan-based dermatologist and assistant professor of dermatology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount

https://www.prevention.com/beauty/skin-care/a22000613/best-scalp-hair-sunscreen/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:18:27 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: 3 Scalp Sunscreens to Protect Your Head From Sunburn
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 04:23:03 pm »
Or a ball cap.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:57:59 pm »
Or a ball cap.

Protect your neck as well.  My choice out on the tractor:

While at work:

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 05:08:16 pm »
I like Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer® for my northern European skin.  It's not greasy like typical sunscreen.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn