Author Topic: I went on a Border Patrol ride-along in one of the most heavily crossed areas on the US-Mexico  (Read 645 times)

rangerrebew

I went on a Border Patrol ride-along in one of the most heavily crossed areas on the US-Mexico border — here's what happened

Daniel Brown
    51 min ago

MCALLEN, Texas — I was in Southern Texas covering the immigration crisis and separation of families for nearly a day when I got word that I had secured a Border Patrol ride-along.

"The Rio Grande sector accounts for about 40% of the apprehensions in the United States," a Border Patrol agent named Chris Seiler told me as we drove away from the station a few days later. "The McAllen station specifically is about 20% of the entire nation, and we catch about 300 individuals a day just in this 50-mile span of border."

For nearly five hours last Monday morning, I followed Seiler and another agent, Rene Quintanilla, around as they patroled on and around the Rio Grande, which separates the US and Mexico.

http://www.businessinsider.com/i-wen...low-morning-13

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Quote from the article:
"The McAllen station specifically is about 20% of the entire nation, and we catch about 300 individuals a day just in this 50-mile span of border."

Hypothetical question:
If there was a 40-foot-high border wall at that location, running for 30 miles in either direction from that point, how many illegal "crossers" would they then apprehend at that location each day?