Author Topic: WH: Reports That Trump Plans to Replace Chief of Staff ‘Fake News’  (Read 420 times)

rangerrebew

WH: Reports That Trump Plans to Replace Chief of Staff ‘Fake News’

(CNSNews.com) - White House Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters told reporters Thursday that a Wall Street Journal report [1] that President Donald Trump is looking to replace White House Chief of Staff John Kelly is “fake news.”

“I spoke to the president, who refuted this article. He said it is absolutely not true and that it is fake news. Since speaking to the president, that article is inaccurate,” Walters said during a gaggle on board Air Force One en route to Joint Base Andrews.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/wh-reports-trump-plans-replace-chief-staff-kelly-fake-news

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Of course it's fake news ....

This is from the 27th on their way to the Fargo rally.  You'll see Gen Kelly and Jared Kushner having a grand old time as they walk to the helicopter (the whole team looks very upbeat).  Kelly kicks in at the 1:10 point.

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ftNe-0ub4E

Offline Concerned

The Administration said the same thing about Tillerson.  I predict Kelly will be gone before the end of the year.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

Kelly’s not doing much at the WH these days. I saw reports he spends quite a bit of time at the gym, sometimes twice a day.

President Trump could be thinking of eliminating the position entirely, other presidents have. It’s not a big deal to replace Kelly or eliminate the position. I don’t think a chief of staff thing suits Trump’s style of management anyway. Either way, I suspect Kelly will be moving on soon.

Tillerson’s was a cabinet position, different role and requirements.