Author Topic: A long-duration heat wave is beginning in Washington when it will frequently feel as if it’s 100  (Read 14850 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Great News! A cooling front is moving in. Tomorrow it is only going to get to 97! Finally I can turn my AC off.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Great News! A cooling front is moving in. Tomorrow it is only going to get to 97! Finally I can turn my AC off.

Have you ever noticed the sound that the A/C makes when it kicks on?  That dull motorized sensation of sound that drives the air out of the floor vents?  That is the EXACT same sound that money makes when it burns.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have you ever noticed the sound that the A/C makes when it kicks on?  That dull motorized sensation of sound that drives the air out of the floor vents?  That is the EXACT same sound that money makes when it burns.

It saddens me to hear that at 3AM.  Every night.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

LOL!  Teaser....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It's supposed to get here Wednesday, and with a chance of rain.  Yaaaay!

Offline Frank Cannon

In the mid 1970s, the Lewis Family (the owners and operators of catalogue company BEST Products) hired Sculpture In The Environment (SITE) to create a series of facades for nine showrooms across the US. Regardless of the project’s relative financial benefits, the clients gave SITE the one thing all designers crave and fear: full creative reign.

https://failedarchitecture.com/the-ironic-loss-of-the-postmodern-best-store-facades/

I shopped at the Best store in the first pic.

LOL. I forgot about Best. We had one of those back in the day.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

LOL. I forgot about Best. We had one of those back in the day.

How could you forget about Best?  Where else could you get an awesome rain lamp from?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How could you forget about Best?  Where else could you get an awesome rain lamp from?

Oh, I remember those!  I really wanted one.  My parents didn't seem quite as enamored with it as I was though.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh, I remember those!  I really wanted one.  My parents didn't seem quite as enamored with it as I was though.

I'm still looking for one. Every time I run across a decent one the guy wants a fortune for it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm still looking for one. Every time I run across a decent one the guy wants a fortune for it.

They've got some nice ones on Ebay:  https://www.ebay.com/bhp/rain-lamp

Silver Pines

! No longer available

@corbe, I love you for posting that.  I’m going to save it to gaze at now and then.  Damn, you know that air is so fresh and cold.  ❄️⛄️

On the bright side, the days are getting shorter now.

Offline Frank Cannon

They've got some nice ones on Ebay:  https://www.ebay.com/bhp/rain-lamp

I travel through there once in a while but cool ones are between $300-800. My brain is wired as to not reach for my wallet for a 70's novelty at that price.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I travel through there once in a while but cool ones are between $300-800. My brain is wired as to not reach for my wallet for a 70's novelty at that price.

I'm with you on that.  I'll just have to admire them from afar.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm with you on that.  I'll just have to admire them from afar.

I'm biding my time. In my business I get into a lot of people houses to buy them. Pick up lots of top notch stuff by passing on the house, but making an offer on some item in the house. Most times people are excited to get rid it for cash.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm biding my time. In my business I get into a lot of people houses to buy them. Pick up lots of top notch stuff by passing on the house, but making an offer on some item in the house. Most times people are excited to get rid it for cash.

@Frank Cannon
Buy a portable air conditioner or two or three. No matter what house you are selling, put the ac in the day before on MAX. Make sure the place is a cold as possible. [selling point] get them out before the pigeons get there.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
Buy a portable air conditioner or two or three. No matter what house you are selling, put the ac in the day before on MAX. Make sure the place is a cold as possible. [selling point] get them out before the pigeons get there.

I don't sell shit. I stick human debris into them and then take their rent money. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

@raml

Yeah, Virginia summers are hot and humid so it's a lot more than a week.

Grew up in IA, spent a few years in VA, then settled in FL.  I get a kick out of people in VA thinking they have weather, let alone heat.

I went to Leesburg first week of last September.  Of course, I didn't think to take long sleeves or pants or anything, I mean it's the middle of summer.  It was 52 degrees when I got there.  Fahrenheit.  I'm still shivering.     
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't sell shit. I stick human debris into them and then take their rent money.
same thing

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

As the graphic demonstrates, be careful not to stroke out in the heat.

Offline Applewood

Thank you @240B   People don't realize how fast this heat can kill you if you're  not careful.

And yes, it's important to care for our pets.  Best to keep them inside, but if they must be outside, have adequate shelter and plenty of cool water. 

Offline Hoodat

There is something very very wrong with that picture.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Or, something very wrong with those of us who see it that way... :silly:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Now everybody, have you heard, if you're in the game
Then the stroke's the word

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."