Author Topic: The Collapse of the Never-Trump Conservatives  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: The Collapse of the Never-Trump Conservatives
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2018, 11:31:33 pm »
Trump has more than one personality disorder and should not be president.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 11:32:57 pm »
After all, if anybody in this joint can say "I told you so", it's me.

Then you already have your reward.  Congratulations.

My guy/team won.   You got your ass handed to you....and yet I'm supposed be treat with deference those among us too vain/arrogant to get on board and cheer this man on?

Just more proof that the very principles that undergird the institution of liberty mean no more to you than they do for Democrat Marxists.   This is all nothing more than a fantasy political sporting event for you.

The difference is that most fans who win bowls and cups are not sore winners that think it is their duty to punch everyone who is not a fan and chide them for not rooting for the MVP of 'your team'.

Trump may be childish and detestable in his personal behavior, but you people make him far more disgustingly ugly and detestable than Trump does himself.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2018, 11:39:07 pm »
Then you already have your reward.  Congratulations.

Just more proof that the very principles that undergird the institution of liberty mean no more to you than they do for Democrat Marxists.   This is all nothing more than a fantasy political sporting event for you.

The difference is that most fans who win bowls and cups are not sore winners that think it is their duty to punch everyone who is not a fan and chide them for not rooting for the MVP of 'your team'.

Trump may be childish and detestable in his personal behavior, but you people make him far more disgustingly ugly and detestable than Trump does himself.

No sir!  Leave it you to take everything to extremes.

My POV toward political or baseball forums hasn't changed for 25 years going back to usenet.

Just a bunch of 'friends' betting who's right and who isn't.  Prognostication.

But I'm so glad you've responded @INVAR for you are one of the hard-core, unbending 'warriors' in the NT camp...it was actually you and a couple others I had in mind.

You're much too intelligent to not notice the wonderful significance and blessing brought upon the nation with a Trump presidency.

So, it must be another pathology of sorts.   

Let's stop pretending.  You just love being a contrarian...despite the foolishness.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2018, 11:43:16 pm »

Seriously V, why do you troll like that? The man isn't perfect, but come on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2018, 12:02:10 am »

Your online diagnosis is in agreement with scores of leftists (and most of those same folks, felt the same way about Goldwater, Reagan, etc).

But which article of the Constitution covers this disqualification, that you claim?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2018, 12:05:11 am »
I just don't get it.  The entire argument by some of those Trump supporters to NeverTrumpers is that the NT's must get over the fact that their guy didn't win the primary, but they themselves just can't let the election itself go.  They want other people to "move on", but they won't do that themselves.

I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but I voted for him in the general election.  I think those conservatives who didn't were wrong, but SO FREAKING WHAT!?!?!  We disagree.  Big deal.  Move on without trying to repeatedly bring up the same topic on which we know there isn't agreement.

What a silly comment @Maj. Bill Martin  Using your logic each and every one of the hundreds of articles posted here and ensuing discussions that fall into the anti or ridicule the President categories would mean their sole purpose is to prove NTs were correct and Trump supporters foolish and wrong. 

IMO this essay is valuable for the members of the branch within conservatism who have a difficult time believing relatability matters in politics.  Acting as a self-righteous national judge and oracle does not win elections --- and ironically without victories these conservatives have an ever diminishing political voice.  An understanding of the pain, mood and needs of the electorate is sorely missing among this group of conservatives.

In 2016 NeverTrump highly principled, judgmental conservatives completely missed the life and political circumstances driving voters toward Donald Trump.  They missed the bond between Donald Trump and his supporters that was developing and today miss why it grows in strength.

NeverTrump conservatives would do well to learn that ideas and principles matter --- only to the extent they relate to, encourage and promote the humanity of the voters they feel so entitled to.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:12:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2018, 12:09:44 am »

Good thing 63 million Americans disagree with you.  :smokin:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:10:15 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2018, 12:11:31 am »

NeverTrump conservatives would do well to learn that ideas and principles matter --- only to the extent they relate to, encourage and promote the humanity of the voters they feel so entitled to.

Principles are first things - Things which are always right - TRUTH.
That a Tump follower would declare that truth only gets you so far is no surprise to me.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2018, 12:18:07 am »
What a silly comment @Maj. Bill Martin  Using your logic each and every one of the hundreds of articles posted here and ensuing discussions that fall into the anti or ridicule the President categories would mean their sole purpose is to prove NTs were correct and Trump supporters foolish and wrong. 

IMO this essay is valuable for the members of the branch within conservatism who have a difficult time believing relatability matters in politics.  Acting as a self-righteous national judge and oracle does not win elections --- and ironically without victories these conservatives have an ever diminishing political voice.  An understanding of the pain, mood and needs of the electorate is sorely missing among this group of conservatives.

In 2016 NeverTrump highly principled, judgmental conservatives completely missed the life and political circumstances driving voters toward Donald Trump.  They missed the bond between Donald Trump and his supporters that was developing and today miss why it grows in strength.

It wasn't missed, it was just disagreed with.

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2018, 12:18:15 am »
Principles are first things - Things which are always right - TRUTH.
That a Tump follower would declare that truth only gets you so far is no surprise to me.

You fail to make the truth relatable ... you fail to give the truth meaning to the American voter. You fail to give the American voter a reason to trust their future with you and place their vote in your hands.   And without having the American voter with you, you're preaching to the mirror.

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2018, 12:18:59 am »
It wasn't missed, it was just disagreed with.

The poster I was responding to missed it. And I see no evidence you "got" it before my post.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:19:44 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2018, 12:26:14 am »
The poster I was responding to missed it. And I see no evidence you "got" it before my post.

You see what you like.  As far as I remember @Maj. Bill Martin has been a pretty steadfast supporter of Trump.  You're just pissed that he nailed you about posting shit like this article just to start (another) NT/AT war on the forum.  So not only does it appear that we all are supposed to support Trump, we're all also supposed to support the unending "rub it in their face" type articles that you are wont to post.  You know, that ones that usually get stuffed away in Members Only or just outright deleted.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2018, 12:27:16 am »
You fail to make the truth relatable ... you fail to give the truth meaning to the American voter. You fail to give the American voter a reason to trust their future with you and place their vote in your hands.   And without having the American voter with you, you're preaching to the mirror.

No... I just refuse to buy into the lie.
To do otherwise is to deny those very truths I am here to defend... And in that, sweep America into the same damn gutter as the liberals.

What you have cast off are the fundamental truths which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Without those things, everything else goes to the very same place.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2018, 12:30:57 am »
You see what you like.  As far as I remember @Maj. Bill Martin has been a pretty steadfast supporter of Trump.  You're just pissed that he nailed you about posting shit like this article just to start (another) NT/AT war on the forum.  So not only does it appear that we all are supposed to support Trump, we're all also supposed to support the unending "rub it in their face" type articles that you are wont to post.  You know, that ones that usually get stuffed away in Members Only or just outright deleted.

I take exception to your theory about @Right_in_Virginia 's intentions.

WTF were you for the past 3 years, when, for example, @AbaraXas and @Once-Ler et al, scoured the deep recesses of the web for anti-Trump news?

WTF were you when virtually every aforementioned article was either proven false or proven to not have their desired effect?

Like I said....it's laughable at this point in his presidency.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2018, 12:31:50 am »

@Victoria33

Since you are into random people with political agendas giving medical/psychological diagnosis without ever meeting the subject in person, why don't you allow me to go into detail what is wrong with you. I have some extremely important things to say on the topic. 

I took a few psych courses in college and have a degree from a major accredited state University so what I say matters. I may even have more formal and legitimate psychological training then even you have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2018, 12:33:51 am »

As a solid Trump supporter I just want to say that I do not trust any solid Trump supporters. They're too intractable on issues.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2018, 12:34:24 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Posting this article was a deliberate troll and you damned well know it.  Just can't help yourself can yu?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2018, 12:34:52 am »
As a solid Trump supporter I just want to say that I do not trust any solid Trump supporters. They're too intractable on issues.

:laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2018, 12:41:23 am »
I take exception to your theory about @Right_in_Virginia 's intentions.

WTF were you for the past 3 years, when, for example, @AbaraXas and @Once-Ler et al, scoured the deep recesses of the web for anti-Trump news?

WTF were you when virtually every aforementioned article was either proven false or proven to not have their desired effect?

Like I said....it's laughable at this point in his presidency.

I'm sure you do.  I can't help what other members post.  We're talking about this article and one member's comments on it.  If you disagree, who cares.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:44 am »

I don't know what intractable means, but I'm sure I agree with you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:52 am »
Your online diagnosis is in agreement with scores of leftists (and most of those same folks, felt the same way about Goldwater, Reagan, etc).
But which article of the Constitution covers this disqualification, that you claim?
@truth_seeker

Sections 3 and 4 of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment.

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2018, 12:44:02 am »
No... I just refuse to buy into the lie.....

Ironically what you're refusing to buy into is the truth.  And this is your right.  ^-^

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2018, 12:47:34 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Posting this article was a deliberate troll and you damned well know it.  Just can't help yourself can yu?

Well, in all candor @Bigun   I think you're overreacting just a bit here.  But, if you'd like to go down this road,  give me your list of prohibited topics so I'll have it for future reference and can act accordingly ... and I'll give you mine so you can do the same.   ^-^

Online roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2018, 12:48:20 am »
Ironically what you're refusing to buy into is the truth.  And this is your right.  ^-^

No, you, yourself admitted the truth only goes so far. That is where we disagree.
I am not made for sound bytes and false victory laps, and am wholly immune to hero worship.

And so is the truth.

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2018, 12:49:18 am »

Shhh... what's next?  Are you going to give away the secret handshake??   :laugh: