Author Topic: Justice Kennedy Retiring!  (Read 22951 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Justice Kennedy Retiring!
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »
Yes, there is.

Totally irrelevant since this has nothing to do with church.  But your weak attempt lie about what the Constitution says did not go unnoticed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2018, 12:27:27 am »
Totally irrelevant since this has nothing to do with church.  But your weak attempt lie about what the Constitution says did not go unnoticed.

<NOPE>  Do not make personal insults.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:03:28 am by Mod5 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2018, 12:41:42 am »
Yes, there is.

@Jazzhead

Where?? C'mon counselor. Show those of us that have READ the First Amendment where this mythical separation is.

I can't wait to hand you your @ss on this yet again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Oceander

« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2018, 12:43:24 am »
@Jazzhead

Where?? C'mon counselor. Show those of us that have READ the First Amendment where this mythical separation is.

:bigsilly:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #329 on: June 29, 2018, 12:50:54 am »
@Jazzhead

@@@girlfight

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2018, 12:54:01 am »
@Jazzhead

It's in the penumbras and emanations and ether of the spirit that is read into the text of the Constitution dontchaknow?

Specifically the section Jefferson wrote that was ratified by all 13 states that doesn't use those words per-se, but in 1801, Jefferson's INTENT was clear: Church should be made separate from any public expression and exercise, if not outlawed completely.

Remember it's what Judges opine and state in Case law that is where the real meaning and intents of the Constitution can be discovered.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2018, 01:02:28 am »
It's in the penumbras and emanations and ether of the spirit that is read into the text of the Constitution dontchaknow?

Specifically the section Jefferson wrote that was ratified by all 13 states that doesn't use those words per-se, but in 1801, Jefferson's INTENT was clear: Church should be made separate from any public expression and exercise, if not outlawed completely.

Remember it's what Judges opine and state in Case law that is where the real meaning and intents of the Constitution can be discovered.

The funny thing is...Jefferson...while not doing a thing to help write the U.S. Constitution...IIRC helped wrote the Virginia State Constitution and their First Amendment mirrors that if the U.S. Constitution.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2018, 01:03:57 am »
Christians who demand that gays' civil rights reflect their dogmas and prejudices are the ones demanding preferences.

The law's equal protection extends to all, even those you insist are going to hell.       
Why single out Christians?

Is it your understanding that Muslims readily accept homosexuals?

You have an obvious agenda.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2018, 01:06:49 am »

@INVAR if that were true...we'd still have the Dread Scott decision...Separate but Equal...Jim Crow and Japanese Americans in internment camps.

All were decisions by the Supreme Court that some people here think is the final say on everything in the country.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2018, 01:20:35 am »
There really isn't anyone who is more of a staunch judicial conservative than Neil Gorsuch.  Perhaps you can find a conservative activist, but I wouldn't want that either.

The vote for Gorsuch was 54-45.  It's going to be tough to defeat this nominee.  That's kind of why I'd like Allison Eid.  Staunch conservative, and it would be really tough for the GOP female Senators to oppose a woman.

The picture is for laughs.  I agree with you.  A strong conservative woman sends a virtuous message.  Even some rat females with have a hard time opposing.  Let's hope President Trump tries vetting his nominees now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2018, 01:36:42 am »
The funny thing is...Jefferson...while not doing a thing to help write the U.S. Constitution...IIRC helped wrote the Virginia State Constitution and their First Amendment mirrors that if the U.S. Constitution.

Pshaw!!  Don't let facts get in the way of the agenda!

What's the matter with you?

The Court says there is a separation in the shadows of the text, and damn it anyhow - what they rule at the moment is LAW! 

Unless of course they disagree with 'the Law', then they can ignore it or circumvent it.

The Law is what they say it is.  Same with the Constitution and who gets special rights and privileges and whom is a bigot that needs to be put in their place to make everything equal.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2018, 01:41:51 am »
Pshaw!!  Don't let facts get in the way of the agenda!

What's the matter with you?

The Court says there is a separation in the shadows of the text, and damn it anyhow - what they rule at the moment is LAW! 

Unless of course they disagree with 'the Law', then they can ignore it or circumvent it.

The Law is what they say it is.  Same with the Constitution and who gets special rights and privileges and whom is a bigot that needs to be put in their place to make everything equal.

You mean like declaring the individual mandate a tax even after the proponents stood before you and argued that it wasn't?   
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2018, 01:55:48 am »
Why single out Christians?

Is it your understanding that Muslims readily accept homosexuals?

You have an obvious agenda.

See my post #318.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2018, 02:01:41 am »
You mean like declaring the individual mandate a tax even after the proponents stood before you and argued that it wasn't?

Like that and more.

They operate under the same machinations that this guy did:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #339 on: June 29, 2018, 02:05:07 am »
@txradioguy
It may have been James Madison who had the stronger influence there, having said during the Virginia state constitution debates, Who is it who cannot see, that the same who would consecrate Christianity above all other religions must then consecrate a particular sect of Christians above all other sects?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2018, 02:15:56 am »
Can't wait to see if this thread makes it into his replacements tenure.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2018, 02:26:22 am »
See my post #318.
See my post one more time.  I replied to your post.
Christians who demand that gays' civil rights reflect their dogmas and prejudices are the ones demanding preferences.

Why did you single out Christians?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2018, 02:33:56 am »
Why did you single out Christians?

Because there aren't a lot of Richards on the board.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2018, 03:44:11 am »
<NOPE>  Do not make personal insults.

My statement was 100% accurate.  Apparently, lying about what a poster has said is allowed.  But calling that person a liar is not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2018, 03:55:11 am »

It was written by George Mason.  And while Mason backed Jefferson's cause at the Convention, his side lost out to Madison.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #345 on: June 29, 2018, 04:08:24 am »
Of course prejudice against gays is rooted in religion.

But for the umpteenth time, this has nothing to do with prejudice against gays.  It has been and always will be about self-determination by the citizenry of a State per Amendment X -Bill of Rights.

This has been explained to you again and again and again and again.  Yet here you are telling outrageous mean-spirited lies about what I have said.  Clearly, 'truth is something you do not value.

California and Vermont can and do establish their own marriage laws.

As I said, 'truth is simply a quality that you do not value.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #346 on: June 29, 2018, 04:37:04 am »
We have to keep in mind for this discussion that the original federal republic envisioned by the Framers was crushed vigorously in the early 1860s, and this destruction was enshrined  by the conquerors in the 14th, in 1868.  The tyranny of a huge centralized government taking precedence over the rights of the people in their respective states has come to pass.

Madison, Jefferson, Mason may have debated various forms of liberty,but that was discarded 150 years ago, as they rolled in their graves.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2018, 05:05:02 am »
We have to keep in mind for this discussion that the original federal republic envisioned by the Framers was crushed vigorously in the early 1860s, and this destruction was enshrined  by the conquerors in the 14th, in 1868.  The tyranny of a huge centralized government taking precedence over the rights of the people in their respective states has come to pass.

Madison, Jefferson, Mason may have debated various forms of liberty,but that was discarded 150 years ago, as they rolled in their graves.

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #348 on: June 29, 2018, 05:05:20 am »
My statement was 100% accurate.  Apparently, lying about what a poster has said is allowed.  But calling that person a liar is not.

Funny, that - isn't it?

Yet for some, they are the loudest complainers about how 'unfair' this place is.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #349 on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:26 am »
But why do you stereotype with respect to Amul Thapar, a superior judge by most conservatives' reckoning, just because he happens to be of Indian descent?   

How much better off we'd all be if we took Martin Luther King's admonition to heart, rather than paying it lip service.  Judge the man by the content of his character, not his ethnicity or membership in an arbitrary "identity" group.

But I will throw this out - Asian Americans are the biggest victims of the left's prejudices.   They keep their families intact, work hard, emphasize achievement and personal responsibility,  and ace most college aptitude tests.   And the left insists on denigrating their chances to get into the best schools because they're not the right sort of minority. 

I'd love to see that sort of "minority" perspective on the Court.       

I did not stereotype Amul.  I know nothing about him.  But most minorities operate from a base of who they are.  Sometimes they are able to overcome that and be completely fair to everyone.  Sometimes they aren't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.