Author Topic: How Many Illegal Aliens are in the US?  (Read 582 times)

rangerrebew

How Many Illegal Aliens are in the US?
« on: June 27, 2018, 04:11:05 pm »

How Many Illegal Aliens are in the US?

By Spencer Raley | October 23, 2017 | View The Full Report (PDF)

As of 2017, FAIR estimates the number of illegal aliens in the US to be approximately 12.5 million.  This number is slightly higher than FAIR’s previous estimate of 12 million in 2011.

Estimating the size and characteristics of the illegal alien population is an inexact science. Anyone claiming to have calculated a definitive number should be looked upon skeptically. There is no central database of illegal aliens. Furthermore, the Department of Homeland Security only counts those who enter and leave in a lawful manner. Those who evade immigration authorities or sneak across the border are not counted.

Most available sources used for estimating the total number of illegal aliens rely on migrants to self-report whether or not they hold lawful status. Illegal aliens have a strong motive to lie when asked about their immigration status. Many, understandably, feel that disclosing their unlawful status will make them vulnerable to immigration officials. Therefore, the accuracy of these statistics is doubtful, at best. Data collected by the Census Bureau, for example, attempts to differentiate between citizens, illegal aliens and lawfully present immigrants. However, this information is, again, self-reported by survey respondents without an independent verification process. The Census Bureau does not require or ask for any kind of documentation to verify that their respondents are answering demographic questions honestly.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigration/how-many-illegal-immigrants-are-in-us

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: How Many Illegal Aliens are in the US?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 11:36:52 pm »
I'd say 25-30 million.

What's your guess...?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 11:46:15 pm »
I'd say 25-30 million.

What's your guess...?

California has so far issued about a million drivers licenses to illegals - I'd guess about 20% of those currently here. So 5 million in CA, another 5 million spread throughout the rest of the west & southwest, a couple of million in Texas, and maybe 5-10 million more throughout the rest of the country.

20-25 million is a good estimate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 11:48:07 pm »
I'd say 25-30 million.

What's your guess...?

Yeah, I think that's probably a good guess estimate.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:48:52 pm by Sanguine »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 11:49:01 pm »
I'm going with "too many".

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:36:47 am »
If you want to know the real number, the formula is simple. Just take whatever number Pelosi/Shumer or some illegal activists says, and multiply it by 5. That will get you close to the actual number.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 12:43:00 am »
Whatever number you might pick it truly is a guess because the fact of the matter is that NOBODY knows!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 12:45:19 am »
I'm going with "too many".

The exact answer is 12.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 12:52:56 am »
The exact answer is 12.

Oh!  Well, 12 isn't really too many, is it?