Author Topic: If Conservatives Set Aside Civility To Fight The Left’s Rude Provocation, We Will All Lose  (Read 4975 times)

Offline aligncare

“Trump's not a fighter.  He's just a big mouth that doesn't know when to shut it or negotiate anything except apparently instigation.”

That’s a distorted view. Put aside your dislike for Donald Trump along enough to get to know the real Donald Trump, not the media caricature.

I’d wager the only thing you’ve ever read about Donald Trump was from the mainstream media after he entered the race. In other words, the Left’s political version of Donald Trump, not the actual man before he became a political target.

He’s quite a remarkable man. Made his way to the top of three different professions, excelled in two sports, boundless energy, married beautiful women – both immigrants – raised a fine family despite divorce. I admire the man.

Offline Concerned

Trump's not a fighter.  He's just a big mouth that doesn't know when to shut it or negotiate anything except apparently instigation.

And yet so many folks have bought into his self-branding on such things as him being a "great negotiator" and "great deal-maker" and that he "alone can fix it".  Where exactly are the great deals?  Where is repeal and replace?  Where is Mexico paying for the Wall?  Despite the President's claims that "there is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea", both Mattis and Pompeo have said that they remain a threat, and we now see that NK is rapidly upgrading their nuclear site.  Where are the great trade deals?  Instead, he's gotten us into a trade war.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think there’s much positive for Republicans to tout on the policy front (e.g., the economy, ISIS, tax cuts), and I think petty squabbles, childish nicknames, and the overall lack of civility we’ve seen recently just lowers the common denominator of the discussion.  Sadly, some people seem to relish the bullying though.

100% agree, @Concerned .   This "civil war" talk must not be seen as an excuse to lower ourselves to their level.   An election is coming, and the objective is to win it.   We have lots of positive developments to trumpet.    Let the left's crazies speak for themselves.  Let's not respond in kind, even rhetorically.   When idiots are speaking like idiots,  shut up and let 'em be heard. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

One big gang war between the right and the left, with no one satified until they get the last punch in will be just awesome.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
You can't placate a bully by refusing to believe he is there.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You can't placate a bully by refusing to believe he is there.

The issue isn't placating a bully.  It is exposing the bully for who he is.  The objective is to win an election this fall.  That can be done if we show ourselves to be sane and reasonable even as the Dems trumpet their insanity and paranoia.   Stooping to their level cannot possibly help us win this fall.   

But every last one of us needs to get out and vote, with the same enthusiasm as during a Presidential election year.  Use the bullying to inspire us to vote, and urge our friends to vote.  Not by responding in kind.       

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It is exposing the bully for who he is.

You don't get to control the message. The media decides what you can see. They can make YOU into the bully.
The only thing that will stop you from putting children into Nazi death camps is the Left standing up to you. The ends justifies the means because they are saving children from genocide.

See?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You don't get to control the message. The media decides what you can see. They can make YOU into the bully.
The only thing that will stop you from putting children into Nazi death camps is the Left standing up to you. The ends justifies the means because they are saving children from genocide.

See?

The media has already been exposed.  No one believes them to be objective anymore; everyone knows they've placed their thumb on the scale.  And when they start talking Nazis, they've jumped the shark.

It is time to not be afraid of the media,  but to use it to our advantage, to spur us to vote and urge others to do likewise.   

Offline LMAO

The media has already been exposed.  No one believes them to be objective anymore; everyone knows they've placed their thumb on the scale.  And when they start talking Nazis, they've jumped the shark.

It is time to not be afraid of the media,  but to use it to our advantage, to spur us to vote and urge others to do likewise.   

According to polls,  trust in the media to report news objectively is at an all time low. This is both good and bad but the American public does seem to recognize that the media by and large is very anti Trump. Conservatives  should  take their wrath off of media bias since the public is already aware of it and concentrate on the left and elected Democrat officials. Force Democrats running for office to go on record either opposing  or supporting, for example, Maxine Waters call for action against government officials
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:29:44 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Frank Cannon

One big gang war between the right and the left, with no one satified until they get the last punch in will be just awesome.

I know. It will be.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Beyond civility, the Right must not become complacent. The dems and media will injure more mischief before the midterms.

Responding with humor, intelligence, facts will Trump violence (physical or verbal)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

We crossed that 20 years ago. when the Rat's claimed Bush was illegitimate.

Exactly right, except I think even earlier, we are not dealing with Democrats any longer we are dealing
with hard core Marxists and if you know your history you know how Marxists act once they think
they are powerful enough to take over. They will do anything take power and once they have the
power they will execute every conservative they can find.

Offline RoosGirl

I know. It will be.

You can have the last word on that if you like.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Put aside your dislike for Donald Trump along enough to get to know the real Donald Trump, not the media caricature.

My view of Trump is based on what he, himself has said and tweeted.  As a direct result I have no more desire to 'know' Trump than I wanted to know 'Obama.

He’s quite a remarkable man. Made his way to the top of three different professions, excelled in two sports, boundless energy, married beautiful women – both immigrants – raised a fine family despite divorce. I admire the man.

Worship him to your heart's content.

I give no regard to false gospels or false messiahs.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

That’s a distorted view. Put aside your dislike for Donald Trump along enough to get to know the real Donald Trump, not the media caricature.

I’d wager the only thing you’ve ever read about Donald Trump was from the mainstream media after he entered the race. In other words, the Left’s political version of Donald Trump, not the actual man before he became a political target.

@aligncare, you're assuming too much about people who aren't hardcore Trump fans.  It's not as if he was unknown to us before the primaries.  "Remarkable" in certain ways is all right, but lack of character tends to make it less meaningful.  You're talking about a man (just one example, as you know) who took his wife and his mistress to Aspen on vacation, and let his wife find out about his side piece.   His flaws have been discussed in detail, but we're supposed to admire him because he's high energy and was good at sports...?

Are there people who consider "marrying beautiful women" an accomplishment/some form of currency?  Why...?

Listen, I think what's happening right now is great...or at least exciting.  It will be great if Trump nominates the right judge, and I'm not going to celebrate that until it happens.  I hope and I think we won't be disappointed.  But it's not necessary to jump on his train to do that.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fanatical Trump supporters of the kind I was responding to, who applaud escalating tensions rather than de-escalating them.

I'll give you another quote - this one is from my Opa who was put in the Hitler Youth at 8 years old:  "Out of fear of the Communists, my people chose the Fascists".  Stopping Marxist Communists hellbent on fundamentally transforming society by corruption and force is one thing.  Trading liberty to adopt a twisted form of populism to sow vengeance upon them is quite another.

I never, ever said a thing about not preparing for what appears to be inevitable.  I never said or suggested or implied no one should prepare for the coming storm.  Indeed it is PAST time to have prepared.  That includes counting the cost, and that is a price I highly doubt many have contemplated.

All that is holding this country together right now is the bulk of the people having enough money and prosperity to have idle pursuits.  The moral fabric and homogenous culture that once undergirded our society is gone.  Once our fiat currency and debt bombs go off due decades of consequences we have earned - and shelves go empty and real pain visits mainstream - you watch all the fractures sown over the last 50 years split wide open in a miasma of vengeance and bloodshed that is gonna make France 1790's a picnic in comparison.  Especially among an entitlement generation.

And that's just looking at human nature in history.  Look at what we do now when the tree is green.  What are they gonna do tomorrow when the tree is dry?

One more proverb among many to showcase the insanity of registering or complying with disarmament efforts.

We're on the verge of a bloodbath, not a restoration.   A president should be working to de-escalate tensions and work to appealing to better natures than stoking further division and payback.  He's just doing the same exact thing Obama did for his acolytes in stoking divisions and furthering the hatred of their political enemies.  We may have already crossed the Rubicon of irreconcilable differences.

If the Left wants a war, let them come - let them give us the moral justification to end them.   You do not achieve that when the president goads them into one.

@INVAR
I don't ever recollect Trump talking about turning the middle east into glass. Does one remember who said that if I am not mistaken. Now, we are going down the road of self-righteousness again I see.

Offline RoosGirl

@aligncare, you're assuming too much about people who aren't hardcore Trump fans.  It's not as if he was unknown to us before the primaries.  "Remarkable" in certain ways is all right, but lack of character tends to make it less meaningful.  You're talking about a man (just one example, as you know) who took his wife and his mistress to Aspen on vacation, and let his wife find out about his side piece.   His flaws have been discussed in detail, but we're supposed to admire him because he's high energy and was good at sports...?

Are there people who consider "marrying beautiful women" an accomplishment/some form of currency?  Why...?

Listen, I think what's happening right now is great...or at least exciting.  It will be great if Trump nominates the right judge, and I'm not going to celebrate that until it happens.  I hope and I think we won't be disappointed.  But it's not necessary to jump on his train to do that.

@CatherineofAragon This is the kind of measured response that I appreciate and tend toward myself.  I still do not see why it causes so much heartburn when not everyone is the cheerleader type.

Offline Victoria33

CINC sets the tone.  The blame can be placed square at his feet in terms of the reciprocal bullying.

@INVAR
@DCPatriot

I believe this is true.  His bulling behavior throughout his campaign gave the okay for others to do it.  He hasn't stopped and neither have they.  Now, we have the liberals acting out worse than his people did/are.  There are going to be major confrontations that will end with people hurt and perhaps killed.  This is not meant to say ALL Trump supporters are horrible and it is not meant to say all liberals are horrible.  It is meant to say there are crazy people on the edge and they will take any nonreason from either side to set them off.  We see physical threats coming now from all sides.  The Milo character on the Trump side has asked for violence in recent days and a physical phone call from a nutcase threatened to kill the children of a US Representative.  This one was arrested.  Sarah Sanders, spokesperson for Trump now has to have Secret Service protection. 

I have read comments from so called conservatives saying they have their guns ready to confront the liberals.  These violent people on both sides are acting according to their own true character.  They are looking for a reason to be what they truly are - violent people.  They now have a reason for their violent behavior, saying, "I did it because they did that."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR
I don't ever recollect Trump talking about turning the middle east into glass. Does one remember who said that if I am not mistaken. Now, we are going down the road of self-righteousness again I see.

Where does this disjointed non-sequitur crap in your skull come from?

What the hell does instigating civil war and bloodshed among Americans in this country have a whit to do with glassing Jihadists in the Middle East?

Just your convoluted way of attempting to make a bogus point for your straw-man?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Where does this disjointed non-sequitur crap in your skull come from?

What the hell does instigating civil war and bloodshed among Americans in this country have a whit to do with glassing Jihadists in the Middle East?

Just your convoluted way of attempting to make a bogus point for your straw-man?

I think it's because Reagan was caught on hot mic saying the bombing started in 5 minutes.  :silly:

Offline dfwgator

This didn't start with Trump....

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think it's because Reagan was caught on hot mic saying the bombing started in 5 minutes.  :silly:

Except Reagan was referring to Russia in his quip, not the Middle East.

Yet somehow, WE'RE The self-righteous ones.

Offline RoosGirl

Except Reagan was referring to Russia in his quip, not the Middle East.

Yet somehow, WE'RE The self-righteous ones.

Yes, thank you, that's what made my joke so silly.  Thanks for ruining it.   22222frying pan

Online roamer_1

@aligncare
I won't speak for @INVAR, but that is perfectly false. My own vetting of Donald Tump comes from the historic record, before his campaign run, and reaches all the way back through his life. I certainly found little to admire. 

I might just as easily invite you to throw away the turd-polished version pimped by his handlers, and look at his entire history.

*JUST* the words from his own mouth, and those written from his own hand leave nothing to be desired. And his life's work leaves even less.

If that is what you got out of this guys history, then you were looking with your eyes shut.