Author Topic: Immigrant kids are forcibly medicated in custody, lawyers say  (Read 374 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Immigrant kids are forcibly medicated in custody, lawyers say
Edvard Pettersson | Bloomberg News

Immigrant children in the care of the Health and Human Services Department are being locked up “without the most rudimentary procedural fairness” and are forced to take psychotropic drugs against their will and without their parents’ consent, human rights lawyers allege.

In addition, parents or other custodians of the children must go through a Kafkaesque experience to free the minors from detention by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Health and Human Services unit that is responsible for them, according to a request from the lawyers to have a federal judge step in.

“Awakening youth in the small hours of the morning and transferring them to juvenile lock-ups without notice or opportunity to be heard breaks faith with both law and common decency,” the attorneys said in a June 15 federal court filing in Los Angeles.

Read more at: http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/immigrant-kids-are-forcibly-medicated-in-custody-lawyers-say/article_e39047c9-6fea-5bd5-9d31-a65973b05f66.html

This is the flip side of the stories we have been hearing, I'm not sure if anyone posted this. There is also some story on a little migrant girl crying for her mother I believe in NY State, I've lost the story now. So, just posting what the other side might be saying.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Immigrant kids are forcibly medicated in custody, lawyers say
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »
 :facepalm2: