Author Topic: Trump doesn’t listen to Mattis anymore, say officials  (Read 869 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:
Trump doesn’t listen to Mattis anymore, say officials

Trump repeatedly said he wanted to sign an order changing the policy on military dependents in South Korea, but Mattis and other officials, including Kelly, tried to stall him, according to three former officials. "It was kind of like a game of tag. There were plenty of other people, in addition to Mattis, who slow-walked that," the former official said. The order was never implemented.

"He knows that he told them to do it and they didn't do it," another former senior White House official said.

This official said taken individually each of these things was a "low-grade annoyance" for Trump. "But cumulatively they've begun to add up," the official said.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mattis-out-loop-trump-doesn-t-listen-him-say-officials-n885796

This could be fake news in full or part but still worth a read, imho.

Offline endicom

Re: Trump doesn’t listen to Mattis anymore, say officials
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:24:24 pm »

There has been an attempt to drive a wedge between Trump and every person around him so I take this with a big grain of salt.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:06 pm »
Reported by NBC!  Make that a VERY large grain of salt!  Don't know if they makeum that large!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:32:17 pm »
Mattis also did not implement Trump's will on transgenders in the military. Allowing transgenders to
serve is PC insanity. Mattis needs to go. Also lowering standards so the girls can serve in combat MOSs is similarly insane.

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:44:10 pm »
Mattis also did not implement Trump's will on transgenders in the military. Allowing transgenders to
serve is PC insanity. Mattis needs to go. Also lowering standards so the girls can serve in combat MOSs is similarly insane.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,321953.msg1724556.html#msg1724556

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 03:04:25 pm »
Reported by NBC!  Make that a VERY large grain of salt!  Don't know if they makeum that large!
Yet another "unnamed source" report without attribution, designed to promote the narrative of discord and division within the Administration. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 03:46:13 pm »
Yet another "unnamed source" report without attribution, designed to promote the narrative of discord and division within the Administration.

Tomorrows headline: Thrump Furious over report.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 03:52:59 pm »
Tomorrows headline: Thrump Furious over report.
That's right: Trump was pissed, but Thrump was absolutely furious!!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »
That's right: Trump was pissed, but Thrump was absolutely furious!!

Furiously furious at that!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 10:41:36 am »
I don't understand why people think NBC is biased, dishonest, yellow journalism. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 11:17:12 am »
I don't understand why people think NBC is biased, dishonest, yellow journalism. *****rollingeyes*****

With the wealth of positive news that could be reported on this administration the media has gone all negative, all the time.

And to think I once thought journalism was a noble profession, so much that I pursued an undergraduate degree in journalism. Now a worthless piece of paper sitting in a box somewhere.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 12:10:21 am »
There has been an attempt to drive a wedge between Trump and every person around him so I take this with a big grain of salt.

Hit the nail on the head.  The media does it constantly.