Author Topic: Sen. Paul files civil suit against Boucher  (Read 505 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sen. Paul files civil suit against Boucher
« on: June 26, 2018, 11:06:23 am »
Sen. Paul files civil suit against Boucher
Bowling Green Daily News, Jun 25, 2018

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Bowling Green has filed a lawsuit against the neighbor who admitted to assaulting him in front of his house.

In the civil complaint, filed Friday in Warren Circuit Court, the Republican senator seeks an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages from Rene Boucher for "physical pain and mental suffering" resulting from Boucher's tackle of Paul as the senator was mowing his yard Nov. 3 in the Rivergreen subdivision in Bowling Green.

Paul sustained multiple rib fractures and dealt with recurrent pneumonia in the aftermath of the incident.

Boucher was arrested Nov. 3 by Kentucky State Police on a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree assault.

More:  http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/sen-paul-files-civil-suit-against-boucher/article_f751cebe-7f82-54d4-9443-fc19271105b4.html

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Sen. Paul files civil suit against Boucher
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 01:31:54 pm »
I hope it's a large amount, and I hope Senator Paul wins.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 01:35:50 pm »
The neighbor is clearly a nutbag. Hopefully, Paul can sue him out of the neighborhood.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »
Excellent!  I hope he cleans the SOB out!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien