Author Topic: Ex-Trump Adviser Tells Black Fox News Guest He's Out Of His 'Cotton-Picking Mind'  (Read 2022 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Payne offered a truce and invited Bossie to 'Cracker' Barrel after the show.

They were going to play eenie meenie minie moe. Loser picks up the check.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They were going to play eenie meenie minie moe. Loser picks up the check.

Better than the last time I saw that played.  The loser got to spend quality time with Zed and The Gimp.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Whether the phrase is actually racist or not no longer matters. Bossie has ceded the battlefield.

David Bossie apologizes for 'cotton-picking mind' comment to black panelist

"During a heated segment on Fox & Friends today, I should have chosen my words more carefully and never used the offensive phrase that I did," Bossie wrote on Twitter. "I apologize to Joel Payne, Fox News and its viewers."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/24/bossie-racial-apology-fox-667193

Ed Henry gave him a little shove into traffic beforehand.

Ed Henry Apologizes for David Bossie’s ‘Cotton-Picking’ Fox & Friends Remarks: ‘We ‘Don’t Agree With That’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ed-henry-apologizes-for-david-bossies-cotton-picking-fox-friends-remarks-we-dont-agree-with-that/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:46:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The origin is not racist nor a reference to slavery.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html

Some people like to stir the pot. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Ex-Trump Adviser Tells Black Fox News Guest He's Out Of His 'Cotton-Picking Mind'"

This is great!
It doesn't get any better!
Preach it, man!

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The origin is not racist nor a reference to slavery.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html

From your link: "The expression 'out of your cotton-picking mind' is no longer deemed an acceptable description of a black person in the USA. In April 2018 a white commentator (Brian Davis) said in a broadcast commentary of a basketball game that a black player (Russell Westbrook) was 'out of his cotton-picking mind'. The perceived racist connotations caused an uproar of protest. Davis, while claiming that the remark was unintentional, apologised, describing the comment as insensitive and a lapse of judgement. Davis was suspended from his position with the broadcaster."

So this had just happened recently; did it receive much press here?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well he was out of his watermelon, fried chicken, greens eating mind then.
@Wingnut
How about "Are you out of whore pimping mind", that would at least have been a more modern reference. Or perhaps something in connection with welfare?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut
How about "Are you out of whore pimping mind", that would at least have been a more modern reference. Or perhaps something in connection with welfare?

I know.  The race card is best played on 100 year old facts and words.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."